05/23/22 Build Week Chat

pacman7474

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Have you guys had your plugs installed? I got an online quote this morning for $1399😳 I just got an in person local electrician quote this evening for $400-500! 😁
I'm holding off on adding a 240V plug. The community I live in doesn't allow for us to have individual accounts with the electric company and they don't have off-peak pricing. I'd be paying more to charge at my house($.31/kW) than at work ($.25/kW or at my daughter's school $.20/kW).
Sponsored

homerj31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus ST, Select Mache on order
Country flag
Have you guys had your plugs installed? I got an online quote this morning for $1399😳 I just got an in person local electrician quote this evening for $400-500! 😁
Not yet. I was going to start getting quotes in June. What type of work for these numbers?

I have a sub panel in my garage, but I think they need to run a new line from my main panel about 40 feet away. I expect at least 1k for the cost of a plug :( , was only hoping to support 40A.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Not yet. I was going to start getting quotes in June. What type of work for these numbers?

I have a sub panel in my garage, but I think they need to run a new line from my main panel about 40 feet away. I expect at least 1k for the cost of a plug :( , was only hoping to support 40A.
I had 2 slots in sub panel in my garage. 200 amp service. Main panel on other end of the house. Just a nema 14-50 industrial plug. I don’t know what the online quote was including🤷🏽‍♀️

LUV_RED

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E ER RWD, 2018 Volt
Country flag
MME shows "In Production"! 😁
Have my window sticker now.
Batch 6103
199/300

LUV_RED

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E ER RWD, 2018 Volt
Country flag
We have had a Blink Home charger since 2013 but it has a max of 24 Amps, so may upgrade at some point.
Have had a Ford Focus Electric, and currently own a Chevy Volt and Chevy Bolt.
Our EVSE will be busy with 3 plug in cars when the MME arrives!

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Got my window sticker! Batch 6103, 11/300? So will likely be made later in the week (especially if we go by when people were getting the stickers), but I'll be one of the first ones of that day... maybe? The price seems to reflect the $2,000 price increase; since I ordered before December 8, 2021 I'll just have to hope my dealer is up on the price protection stuff. Will check with them in the coming days to see if they have my VIN to discuss pricing, now that the window sticker has been released. (They refused to make a purchase agreement with me a few months ago, stating they needed the VIN to do that; then when I had the VIN, they asked me to wait 2-3 weeks, since Ford had evidently not sent it to them. Shrug...)

When we first got our Leaf we used the adapter to use a standard wall outlet, and it wasn't that much fun (but still nice to charge at home - prior to buying our house, we used public charging infrastructure, which has not kept pace with the number of EVs in our area). Had the 14-50 plug installed as an add-on to our solar panels for about $500, but it was a short run. My mother had a longer run in her house and it was something like $1,500 - but she also lives in a different state. I know the level 2 charger is not DC fast charger speeds, but it's really nice to have a moderately fast charger in your own home. Really drives home the point of convenience with EVs, and makes having to stop off at gas stations seem like such a chore now. Looking forward to replacing our hybrid with the Mach-E to be 100% electric.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Ford is experiencing a delay. None of our cars from the 5/16 group have been built yet. As far as we know, Ford is completing the last of 5/2 group last night. There is no 5/9 group. So ~7 day delay for you all. Hope this helps.

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Country flag
Ford is experiencing a delay. None of our cars from the 5/16 group have been built yet. As far as we know, Ford is completing the last of 5/2 group last night. There is no 5/9 group. So ~7 day delay for you all. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the heads up, good to know!

OhMyArceus

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E SEL
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Got my sticker now too!

Batch 6103
67/300

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
Batch 6103 & 43/300
The dealer advised yesterday that the VVR still shows May 26 as my scheduled assembly date.