Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My Mach-E arrived a whole 2 weeks early! It arrived last night and I picked it up this morning. It only took 4 weeks from the time it was built to the time it got delivered in the Bay Area. A special thanks to the amazing team at Capitol Ford. Everyone from the sales managers to the sales team to the finance office were all friendly and professional. So often you hear about these horror stories of dealerships not honoring prices, adding mark up, or even selling your car. So itā€™s equally important to share a great experience as well. Capitol Ford honored X-Plan pricing and Ford Options incentive and rates *at time of order* without question.
7C5123B6-CDA1-43D6-8A71-0D5F270EC6EC.jpeg
2424B180-AC33-42FA-B644-708F44DB1BA9.jpeg
Congrats! My salesman, at a dealership a little south of Capitol, told me the transport of all cars on trains (to CA) had been stopped for a month or so, and wouldn't start up again until August. Clearly that wasn't the case for you. Hard to figure out the real story these days I suppose. Hope I get mine soon. Cheers.

LUV_RED

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E ER RWD, 2018 Volt
Country flag
Well, finally was able to pick up my Mach-E today. Not sure if it was the dealer or Ford, but in the computer it said I had 0 dollars for price protection, even though I had a signed copy of the invoice at the 2021 price. The manager supposedly looked into it while we waited over a half an hour. The problem was all the dates of order in the system was January 31, 2022 when my order was converted to a 2022 order. Could have been my fault for ordering a few days before the 2022 orders officially started (placed order Sept 28). Anyway, was not happy about that, but wasn't going to let that stop me from purchasing. They did honor the Options 2.49% and $2500 discount that was in affect at time of order though and X-plan, so not all bad.

Man, this thing handles well! Took a freeway interchange ramp at 73mph that was posted for 50mph and the MME felt like it was on rails. Got a little slap from the wife after that, šŸ˜†.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/23/22 Build Week Chat IMG_20220730_095015403

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
For those that purchased or may know, can you do all of the paperwork and looking up price protection/incentives before the car arrives? My salesman told me that they canā€™t do anything until the car shows up (heā€™s the third salesperson theyā€™ve assigned to me, 4th if you include the guy that does all the ordering as the other 2 have quit in the 9+ months since I ordered). I told him I know that I get price protection and my interest rates from time of order were available. He said all he could do was to have me bring any documentation on that when I come in, cause he can only give current rates.
Theyā€™ve also now got my car listed on the dealer sight with a $10k markup, so thatā€™s cool. I have a copy of the order from when I placed it but itā€™s not signed and I didnā€™t ask for a signature as I didnā€™t realize the shadiness of dealers and both salespeople and the sales manager (through one of the salespeople when I first asked) said that if I wait for the order itā€™s mine and they wonā€™t put ADM on it.
Can you? Yes, based on the experiences of many, many others. Will your dealer let you? That's the more important thing. Mine refused, outright said they couldn't... until we had a VIN. Having to wait for delivery is one I hadn't heard of before. But at the end of the day, what are you going to do? Tell them you've heard about other dealerships doing it, so what's wrong with them? This is my issue with the price protection thing, too. My dealership said they weren't aware of it and even called Ford (at my request) to ask a representative for guidance, who also was unhelpful. That YouTube video a lot of people are citing is basically a Ford dealer talking about making sure you get price protection from your dealer because otherwise it's just profit to them. What am I supposed to do with that, accuse the dealership of holding out on me and just pocketing the $2,000 price hike?

On one hand, I do worry a lot about being screwed over. I think you probably do, too. On the other hand, it was sort of eye-opening to me to see that my dealer looks orders up by VIN or product configuration, and evidently not by name - like, they actually couldn't even if they wanted to. It made me wonder if the refusal to lock down pricing early on was because they wanted to save face and not outright reveal while I was seated in front of them that they had no idea what I had ordered.

I have been reflecting an awful lot on the whole order process and will probably write a very long post on it when I receive my car (or am turned away from it - we'll see how that goes). We're stuck, really. Be cautious, but try not to assume the worst about your dealer... if more for your own sanity than anything else. Best of luck to us both on delivery day...

Ccarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA Rte 1 AWD (2022)
Country flag
Congrats! My salesman, at a dealership a little south of Capitol, told me the transport of all cars on trains (to CA) had been stopped for a month or so, and wouldn't start up again until August. Clearly that wasn't the case for you. Hard to figure out the real story these days I suppose. Hope I get mine soon. Cheers.
I am excited for those getting their cars but it sure is hard seeing people in CA getting their cars right now! I'm in AZ and am being told that mine has been sitting in a rail station 4 hours from me for almost 4 weeks because no automotive train cars are going towards CA. Wth??

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag

Ccarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last edited:

Ccarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is yours also sitting in Holbrook? Last I heard, mine made it that far then stopped on July 6. This might be the embargo description:
https://embargo.railinc.com/#/embargo/viewEmbargoDetail/59834?type=EM&backURL=/embargo/searchEmbargo
This link is where they indicated that the embargo would continue into August. They indicate that they are increasing permits, but who knows if Ford is even requesting them. Frustrating that a CA embargo is affecting us in AZ like this.

http://www.bnsf.com/news-media/cust...-of-certain-shipments-destined-for-california

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
This link is where they indicated that the embargo would continue into August. They indicate that they are increasing permits, but who knows if Ford is even requesting them. Frustrating that a CA embargo is affecting us in AZ like this.

http://www.bnsf.com/news-media/cust...-of-certain-shipments-destined-for-california
It's good to hear that you have a sibling who can give you a heads-up when there is movement. If you wouldn't mind, please share any updates.

I don't understand the ripple effect of the CA embargo but maybe someone else in this forum with a better understanding could piece the story together?

OP
OP

shereth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus ST, 2022 MME GT (ordered)
Country flag
It's good to hear that you have a sibling who can give you a heads-up when there is movement. If you wouldn't mind, please share any updates.

I don't understand the ripple effect of the CA embargo but maybe someone else in this forum with a better understanding could piece the story together?
I'm not an expert but I'd imagine it's a case that the train with your cars includes embargoed freight destined for California, and there's nowhere for those cars to go, so the whole thing gets bogged down where it is.

Ccarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not an expert but I'd imagine it's a case that the train with your cars includes embargoed freight destined for California, and there's nowhere for those cars to go, so the whole thing gets bogged down where it is.
Technically those cars *could* go to Phoenix and offload the cars that are going to that area without having to go to CA.

Ccarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

There were 8 cars with vehicles in them late last week and now its down to 6. So some were moved. They are behind a no trespassing gate so they can't get close enough to see any car numbers though.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
There were 8 cars with vehicles in them late last week and now its down to 6. So some were moved. They are behind a no trespassing gate so they can't get close enough to see any car numbers though.
That's very promising news. Thanks for the update! Is there any chance that all eight departed and the six that are there now are new arrivals?

Ccarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's very promising news. Thanks for the update! Is there any chance that all eight departed and the six that are there now are new arrivals?
That could be possible. Latest update is that all of those cars are now gone!

Godawgs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E4X Ordered
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
My new sales guy texted me to tell me my car had come in and I was excited even though Iā€™m out of town for the week. Proceeded to then send me a picture of a Broncoā€¦.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
That could be possible. Latest update is that all of those cars are now gone!
There's no better scenario than a clean slate. Thanks for the update! In another week or two our orders should arrive at the dealerships. It's coming up on 10 months since I ordered.
Sponsored