Matt Bagne

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio, Ford Bronco on order
Country flag
Funny you mention that because that's the exact news I got last week and this post was, in part, a way to escape from that reality and have a little fun. Here's a hug for getting triggered from a fictional module, on a car forum, where I said as much in the post 🤗
Just seeing this . . . so wait, are you for real this time? My post was to be taken in jest, total hyperbole in the reaction, I of course was not triggered. Just having fun and playing along, as you were. Sorry you read it that way, but sorry more so that you appear to have revealed a personal struggle and I feel bad, sorry for that. I seriously hope you are doing well, and peace to you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Just seeing this . . . so wait, are you for real this time? My post was to be taken in jest, total hyperbole in the reaction, I of course was not triggered. Just having fun and playing along, as you were. Sorry you read it that way, but sorry more so that you appear to have revealed a personal struggle and I feel bad, sorry for that. I seriously hope you are doing well, and peace to you!
No joke this time. Thanks for the wishes. Most of the people like Scooby, I've had a lot of interaction with so I knew it was akin to bros when he said "you SOB." Other people made it a little more obvious with smiley faces and such. I would have thought it was joke had it not been the "shame on you". I appreciate the clarification and this is why I had a spoiler on my post to make sure everyone knew that this fake, made up module, was just a joke. I don't hold grudges or ignore people on here. It just rolls off so in a week I wouldn't have even remembered :)

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
They should give us an “Automatic Power Boost” toggle so we can turn it off and srive with the >5 second power limit all the time. NOT! 🤪🐩
It’s called unbridled extended mode. It turns your GT into a AWD EX.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
It’s called unbridled extended mode. It turns your GT into a AWD EX.
I mean, someone at Ford must have been REALLY worried about the GT thermals if they went out of their way to implement that ridiculous setting.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I mean, someone at Ford must have been REALLY worried about the GT thermals if they went out of their way to implement that ridiculous setting.
Yeah that mode sucks.

Turned it on once and never again.

But without it, the car wouldn’t make it down one straight on a track, let alone a full lap or multiple laps.

I can’t be the only one that hear about “unbridled extend” track mode and mistaking thought it meant you’d get full power for longer for racing.

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
I don't even own a GT and this post pissed me off

Even though the idea of a "five second control module" seemed off to me

ugh

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I, for one, really enjoyed this humorous break from the ranting and gnashing of teeth in so many posts on the forum. In fact, in one thread there is frequent speculation that the five second limit could be reduced to 3 or even 2 seconds! Then Ford would have to rename the module to FFSCM (formerly five second control module)! 😉
Sponsored