Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I would really like to see the analytics of this thread's access count upon creation LOL. How many people got "got"?!

Can the mods make this happen?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I would really like to see the analytics of this thread's access count upon creation LOL. How many people got "got"?!

Can the mods make this happen?
Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/30/22 - GT Updates Five Second Control Module (FSCM) Power Limiting 1654041128147

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Sorry I was talking about data that could show number of clicks at certain intervals upon thread creation: example would be 1 min, 5 min, 10 min, 30 min, 1 hr, etc. This would show the influx of clicks shortly after creation. For such a big topic I'm sure it exploded and so many people got mad after exposing your spoiler :D

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Sorry I was talking about data that could show number of clicks at certain intervals upon thread creation: example would be 1 min, 5 min, 10 min, 30 min, 1 hr, etc. This would show the influx of clicks shortly after creation. For such a big topic I'm sure it exploded and so many people got mad after exposing your spoiler :D
If you want to really get all that data tag @ administrator. Maybe they'll provide it, but unlikely.

Matt Bagne

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio, Ford Bronco on order
Country flag
Preface: These updates are being performed by the few of us that have FDRS and are not available via OTA at this time. Your dealer will not update these on the car for free because there is no Customer Satisfaction Program, recall or TSB as of today. I'm sure you could pay them to do the updates, but that's at your discretion. I'm sure they will eventually be OTA.

On to the update:

Since it's a holiday weekend I figured I would check the car to see if there were any updates available. I knew I had some from last week so I decided to run those today. There's a post about those updates here.

I noticed that there was a FSCM update along with the other updates that I hadn't performed.

FSCM.png

I went ahead and installed the updates. Everything processed as it would normally:

fscm-update.png

Once complete I noticed that in Sync under drive modes there's a new toggle.

Power Limit.png

There is no Five second control module (FSCM) in the MME. Have a wonderful Memorial Day and thank you to all those and their families that lost a loved one in service to our country. Hopefully Ford will, one day, release us from the five second limit.

-Todd
What's wrong with you?! This is like going to the doctor after a diagnosis of a terrible disease, and the doctor excitedly tells you "Good news, they found a cure, you'll be 100% in no time", then says "Ha, Ha, not really, just trying to introduce a little levity". Shame on you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
What's wrong with you?! This is like going to the doctor after a diagnosis of a terrible disease, and the doctor excitedly tells you "Good news, they found a cure, you'll be 100% in no time", then says "HA, ha, not really, just trying to introduce a little levity". Shame on you!
Funny you mention that because that's the exact news I got last week and this post was, in part, a way to escape from that reality and have a little fun. Here's a hug for getting triggered from a fictional module, on a car forum, where I said as much in the post šŸ¤—

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Admittedly I don't browse this forum much anymore. I pop in every now and again to see if anything is new. This post made me go from HOLY SHIT!!!......... to awwwww shit

Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/30/22 - GT Updates Five Second Control Module (FSCM) Power Limiting 1654041128147
I guess the administrator can thank @DevSecOps for extra traffic.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
not gonna happen until cooling of ALL current/temp-sensitive hardware is improved and have sensors tied back to clamp down when needed.

motors, inverter, dc-dc, batteries, and whatever in the HVBJB is getting damaged.

if cooling can't be improved, then current will have to be limited before we can do away with the 'dumb' 5 second rule rather than monitor and clamp down current based on actual temps.
Nah, too factual. Wrong thread for this. šŸ˜

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
not gonna happen until cooling of ALL current/temp-sensitive hardware is improved and have sensors tied back to clamp down when needed.

motors, inverter, dc-dc, batteries, and whatever in the HVBJB is getting damaged.

if cooling can't be improved, then current will have to be limited before we can do away with the 'dumb' 5 second rule rather than monitor and clamp down current based on actual temps.
source for your info? Are you implying that hardware will need to be changed therefore our cars that are out on the road will never see any improvement? Well, I highly doubt that these 2021 & 2022 MME GTs start to deteriorate after 5 seconds of full throttle. I bet it's probably closer to 30, 45 or 60 seconds and someone at Ford just didn't know WTF they were doing yet so the just slap on a 5 second limiter for some currently un-explained cover-your-ass purpose.

Nah, too factual. Wrong thread for this. šŸ˜
IMO, not factual until we can get an official explanation from Ford as to why there is a 5 second limit and what the actual mechanical threshold is. It's extremely odd that the car goes from "full send" to "full derp" without any taper. The car just hits a software installed wall. Seriously, WTF.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
source for your info? Are you implying that hardware will need to be changed therefore our cars that are out on the road will never see any improvement? Well, I highly doubt that these 2021 & 2022 MME GTs start to deteriorate after 5 seconds of full throttle. I bet it's probably closer to 30, 45 or 60 seconds and someone at Ford just didn't know WTF they were doing yet so the just slap on a 5 second limiter for some currently un-explained cover-your-ass purpose.

IMO, not factual until we can get an official explanation from Ford as to why there is a 5 second limit and what the actual mechanical threshold is. It's extremely odd that the car goes from "full send" to "full derp" without any taper. The car just hits a software installed wall. Seriously, WTF.
Yeah, no clue why people think the 5 second limit is somehow the upper ā€œsafe limitā€ of the vehicle.

Hell, 480 hp isnā€™t even the limit of the electrical motors!

I wonder if the same people think the ICE Mustang GT 5.0 is at its limit from the factory as wellā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ until thousands of people have slapped on a supercharger and make 750hp without any other upgrades neededā€¦ā€¦

Iā€™ll keep reminding people that 88 kWh and extremely slow charging above 80% was also a programmed limit on our cars just a few months ago.

No hardware changes needed to fix that!

Oh, and in the spirit of the threadā€¦..Everyone is getting a 2nd keyfob in the mail next week. Ford will be mailing them out.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Oh, and in the spirit of the threadā€¦..Everyone is getting a 2nd keyfob in the mail next week. Ford will be mailing them out.
Of course it comes with a frunk button right?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Yup, here is the official prototype a Ford technician emailed me:

Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/30/22 - GT Updates Five Second Control Module (FSCM) Power Limiting 885534E7-A536-4C60-916C-C720491639A3
I have to up my Photoshop skills to match yours... I'm working on it.