06/20/22 - GWM Job2 & OBCC Job1 & 2 Updates

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Oh no, my bad for not clicking and just reading the link title.

Yes, the updates you performed are the ones that did increase range. For me it was about 30 miles. I'm not sure anyone here has really dove into the why there was an increase in range but I'm doubtful it was because of usable capacity. I'll look into it more.

These updates, the GWM and OBCC, aren't the ones that did that however.
Tricky question but did the earlier update you are referring to increase your actual range or the computed estimated range? (I know, can of worms)

I have not done updates since early Feb and plan to update next week.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Tricky question but did the earlier update you are referring to increase your actual range or the computed estimated range? (I know, can of worms)

I have not done updates since early Feb and plan to update next week.
So, whenever certain updates are performed there's a possibility that the data in the car is reset. This was likely the case with the BECM and other powertrain updates from a few weeks ago. That resets (increases) the range to the EPA estimated and then the car learns how you drive. Unless you drive like my dead grandfather, you'll likely lose range over the next few weeks.

When those updates were performed most of us who performed them are also in the EAP program and received the Intelligent Range beta. The combination between the IR beta and the reset led us all to believe that the increase that we saw was transient and would adjust over time. I've seen this myself. So most of us just chalked it up as that. I am going to look and compare historical battery numbers to see if there's anything else behind the scenes but based on what we assumed would happen and the fact that some of us would have likely been clued into anything else directly from Ford, makes us believe that there's nothing changed.

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
At some point it obviously has to drop, I just don't know where that is now.

Unless you want to pay them to do the update, they will likely tell you to pound sand. They won't do updates without compensation and Ford doesn't have any TSB's or recalls for the OBCC instructing them to update. Some people get lucky, but I've seen that maybe twice. You'll get the update via OTA in the near future I believe.
Thanks for the input.

I was up to date as of about a month ago. Everything is working great so not too worried about it.
I'll wait for the OTA.

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
My dealer did all my updates at no cost to me. I agree with Todd that they are unlikely to do it for free.

I think my dealer charged Ford because I had an open ticket with them regarding my profiles defaulting to the incorrect ones. I think my dealer used that to charge Ford. They spent at least 4 hours working on my car. Someone has to pay for that.

That said, it definitely does not hurt to ask. If you have a recurring problem like I had, report it to Ford CS and get them to assign a case number. Then use that to see if your dealer will do all the updates. Maybe you will get lucky like I did.
Thanks

Not too concerned. I was up to date as of about a month ago and everything is working fine. I'll wait for OTA unless they'll do it as a courtesy.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
So, whenever certain updates are performed there's a possibility that the data in the car is reset. This was likely the case with the BECM and other powertrain updates from a few weeks ago. That resets (increases) the range to the EPA estimated and then the car learns how you drive. Unless you drive like my dead grandfather, you'll likely lose range over the next few weeks.

When those updates were performed most of us who performed them are also in the EAP program and received the Intelligent Range beta. The combination between the IR beta and the reset led us all to believe that the increase that we saw was transient and would adjust over time. I've seen this myself. So most of us just chalked it up as that. I am going to look and compare historical battery numbers to see if there's anything else behind the scenes but based on what we assumed would happen and the fact that some of us would have likely been clued into anything else directly from Ford, makes us believe that there's nothing changed.
good answer, though I hoped you saw some real improvement. I am aware of the GOM resetting issues versus real range change.

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
Have you had 21P22 done? If not, then you'll end up with the latest OBCC update because of that.
I was up to date as of about a month ago with all systems working like they should. I'm pretty sure 21P22 was completed when they unstuck 1.7.1 and all the Blue Cruise stuff.

I'll wait for OTA unless they'll do these couple of updates as a courtesy.

Anyone know how long these few updates take to complete?

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
I keep wondering why the GOM suddently gave me a range i have never seen before.

I used to reset my driving statistics every two weeks. Just for the fun of it. But it always resets to something in the 460-465 range.

So something is changed here. My best guess it is just another starting range introduced after the flash today.

Screenshot_20220623-211859.png

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have a feeling every thread I create from now on will have a twinkie comment ... Those from the UK must think different of us now.
You know I will be referencing doughnuts. 🤪🐩

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I think it's more like:

First car off production through July 5th 2021 (I think) - Job1
All cars after July 5th 2021 through end of year - Job2
2022 cars - Job2 2022

I've seen it referenced by Ford that some things are for the 2022 vehicles, but the biggest difference between job1 and 2 was the inclusion of bluecruise, apple carplay, 2 fobs etc, which all 2022's get.

I don't want to be the one to moniker "Job2 2022" because I haven't seen anything official on it but in my brain - that's the way I think of it.
Job2 is not a date, per se, but an event. In this case, it was the introduction (start of production) of the GT models. The base Mustangs are just collateral damage.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Job2 is not a date, per se, but an event. In this case, it was the introduction (start of production) of the GT models. The base Mustangs are just collateral damage.
Okay, since you would be the one to know ... what would you call a 2022 MME, regardless of GT or non? Job2?

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
But it is a date, isn't it? Like 2022 Job 2s are all vehicles built 5/2/2022 and onward, at least that's what Ford puts in the order guide...

1656013534013.png
my 2022 GTPE was a JOB 1, but got the JOB 2 "removed" parts a few weeks early. I was REBILLED after a chip hold.

ScheduledBatchBuilt
03/14/22
03/28/22
004703 (299/330) CHIP HOLD
005027 638/1380 APA PREP KIT
03/17/22 Build Incomplete HOLD
03/26/22 REBILL, 03/29/22 BUILT

The REBILL included
  • Remove Active Park Assist -325 credit
  • Added Active Park Assist Prep Kit

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I would agree with the GT statement, but would also say that it was indeed based on a date according to the 21G01 program instructions that stipulate that the BlueCruise update program applies to all 2021 cars built through 7 July 2021.

So that's what I have always thought was the cutoff.

Mike

View attachment 21G01.pdf

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
So are these updates only for Job 1 & 2, but not 2022 Job 1? Read the thread and still not sure
Sponsored