07/18/22 Build Week Gang

Have you received your car as of 9/14/22?

• Total voters

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Sure did! Sorry for the delay, we didnt get home till 9pm!
Great delivery experience at my dealership in BC

20220916_072841.jpg
Looks great and congrats! You're in California per your profile. Did you track the vehicle through it's journey? Do you know if it was sitting on Ramp 6R etc for a while, too? NVM, I see it is Canada lol

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
Ugh this process sucks. I don't know where else to vent. I dislike that I've become so negative here the past couple of weeks.

I really want this damn car and nobody knows where it is anymore. My dealer sales guy just said "it might just be sitting in a parking lot somewhere" and I bet he's right. He's as frustrated as I am.

I emailed the sales manager to ask to start an escalation. Someone, somewhere, has gotta be able to at least find the car. Any tips on how to successfully escalate this?

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
Ugh this process sucks. I don't know where else to vent. I dislike that I've become so negative here the past couple of weeks.

I really want this damn car and nobody knows where it is anymore. My dealer sales guy just said "it might just be sitting in a parking lot somewhere" and I bet he's right. He's as frustrated as I am.

I emailed the sales manager to ask to start an escalation. Someone, somewhere, has gotta be able to at least find the car. Any tips on how to successfully escalate this?
You're not the only one with the negative feeling. I am with you. It is frustrating that we placed the orders so long ago, lived through the "did I get scheduled" week after week, we now have our cars built and ready to go, and now they're sitting somewhere with none of the contacts we have being able do anything about it. The lack of communication and insight is shameful.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag

Right there with you. For me, itā€™s not the long order to build time, mine was fast, itā€™s the well documented bad luck after that.

Iā€™m about to give up and just not care anymore. I reached out to my dealer today since Ford chat has no info since 8/23. Asked for the VVR and when they ran it, it came back with ā€œno information on that vinā€. So now Ford and my Dealer have no idea whatā€™s up. Theyā€™re escalating to Ford.
Glad a 70,000 car can get lost? So stupid šŸ˜‚

mrsiegfried

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
yes in theory. car delivered a week-ago monday (9/5), part showed up this Tuesday night (9/13), fixed yesterday (9/14), charging today (9/15), pick up tomorrow (9/16). We'll see if that holds.
To finish the loop, pick up date held, but it was quite unpleasant. Repeatedly had the wrong rates for the wrong type of financing shoved in my face by the manager. She apologized at least when she found out everything I said was in fact right, down to the options program numbers, but dang, not the way Iā€™d do business.

Huge thanks to everyone here for saving me a *lot* of money.

[for those yet to deal with this backward process, she didnā€™t have the options boxed checked on Smart Vincentand she definitely didnā€™t appreciate me asking if that was her issue, which, you know, it wasā€¦]

OP
OP

mstnggt66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium Ext AWD | 1966 Ford Mustang GT
Country flag
Ours arrived at the dealership this morning! Scheduled for 3pm to pick up.

Just kidding. It has the bad half shaft. The wait continues. My October prediction is looking pretty good.

OP
OP

mstnggt66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium Ext AWD | 1966 Ford Mustang GT
Country flag
Ours arrived at the dealership this morning! Scheduled for 3pm to pick up.

Just kidding. It has the bad half shaft. The wait continues. My October prediction is looking pretty good.

Sales manager called me to apologize for sales guy calling too early

I did learn the half-shaft inspection is not a dealer call. They take photos and send to Ford for review and approval to sell as is or have to order new part. Still hope!

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
Sales manager called me to apologize for sales guy calling too early

I did learn the half-shaft inspection is not a dealer call. They take photos and send to Ford for review and approval to sell as is or have to order new part. Still hope!
There's a joke in here, somewhere, about being only half-shafted!

Here's hoping for good news!

Dā€™Roc

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E SR eAWD
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
Now that many of us are getting deliveries (or close to it - it looks like mine will be at the dealer today or tomorrow), I am wondering how the actual purchasing for folks here. If you can share your experience on the following:
  • Did you get Price Protection (and the $325 credit for the Park Assist Package)?
  • Did you get an incentive rate on your Financing (based on your order date) or best current?
  • What was your rate/term/plan (loan or Ford Options) and any rebate?
I'll add my experience when complete, though I expect to have to fight given the salesman tried to tell me I could only choose price protection or incentive protection, which I am pretty sure isn't true!
Price Protection and the $325 credit for the Park Assist Package occurred. Financing was 2.49% for 72 months based on order date. X-plan was honored.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Price Protection and the $325 credit for the Park Assist Package occurred. Financing was 2.49% for 72 months based on order date. X-plan was honored.
Was the interest rate through regular Ford financing or Ford Options? So far Iā€™ve only seen people post about interest rates being honored for Ford Options.

Dā€™Roc

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E SR eAWD
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
Was the interest rate through regular Ford financing or Ford Options? So far Iā€™ve only seen people post about interest rates being honored for Ford Options.
Ford Motor Company Credit.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Motor Company Credit.
Oh nice! Then losing my CU financing rate might not be all that bad. I'd still like my car though šŸ˜‚
Sponsored