1.7.1 Poll

Have you Received 1.7.1? And, is your car enrolled in any Early Access/Beta programs?

• 1.7.1 Received, Car is Enrolled in OTA Beta Only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
You are spot on.
It wasn't an original thought. I have actually read every post on the thread, including the first one. ;)

The way they're rolling out 1.7.1 one is not atypical of many software rollouts from my experience as an end-user and an extremely long-time PC gaming alpha/beta tester (real beta testing, not the pay to play early type of "beta"). Knowing that we are following a well-established protocol should alleviate some of the questions about how long this is taking. If you factor in the probable requirement that all relevant modules need to be on the same page (software/firmware version) as pointed out by @ChasingCoral (here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/1-7-1-poll.10293/post-260121), then this process makes even more sense.

Is this as fast as we'd all like, including the Ford Motor Company? Nope, of course not. Are we all dissatisfied with the pace of fixes for those annoying bugs? Yes, all of us probably are, including Ford Motor Company. I'd guess that neither the current Chief Engineer Donna Dickson nor the immediate past Chief Engineer Ron Heiser is pleased with the pace. But it is moving forward and I'd bet the process accelerates as we move on and into 2022. Yeah, we all like new DLC. Duh. But sometimes that takes a while.

For such an innocuous thread, there sure seems to be more than a bit of pent up anger around here about something. I'm really not certain that anger is really about the OTA update process though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
well look, the good news is that one more member got it in the last week. So that counts for something right?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I just hope it's not a persistent feature or else I fully expect to get in the car and find "to do" lists from my wife waiting for me.
"this persistence bug sucks" - you, apparently
"it's not a bug - it's a feature" - your wife, apparently

SbN

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, First Edition
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I believe I got the update to the car since my driver (instrument) display seems different. On the left side under the miles I have left is a another image with a checkered flag and it says "8 mi". I got the update earlier this week and that "8 mi" hasn't changed. Still unsure what this is.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I believe I got the update to the car since my driver (instrument) display seems different. On the left side under the miles I have left is a another image with a checkered flag and it says "8 mi". I got the update earlier this week and that "8 mi" hasn't changed. Still unsure what this is.
The update only affected the large screen. That bug with the miles to destination is a known bug. Start a new destination on the navigation, and then cancel it and that will go away on your cluster display.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That's not part of the update. It's the bug where your car thinks it's navigating somewhere. Enter a destination in the Nav and then remove it to clear that.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
so what is that then, 3 people that got it? That's what it feels like. sorry, not the grumpy thread?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I find this kinda hilarious that a bug is being mistaken for the update that may or may not fix this bug.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I still don't understand wehy this is so important to some members. It's a car not a video game...
Cause there's features we want and bugs we want fixed and Ford is fixing them and people want it.
Sponsored