10k service $130!?!

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
If you ever have to lemon the car or have any other lawsuit/warranty claim you're gonna want to do the services in accordance with the users manual otherwise you'll have an uphill battle. At the very least, with these heavy EVs, you should be getting the tires rotated at 10k. You have a duty to maintain the vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer recommendation or accept the risks without doing so.

As for $130, that's too much. Around here it's $39-$59 for the 10k
That service is recommended, not mandatory. There is nothing important there that might affect anything of legal or warranty concern
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
That service is recommended, not mandatory. There is nothing important there that might affect anything of legal or warranty concern
There's nothing in the owners manual that distinguishes between recommended and mandatory (at least not that I could find) so I'm not sure where or why you think that.

Additionally, the Ford Warranty states that Scheduled Maintenance is:

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10k service $130!?! 1683432505926

Furthermore, it states:

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10k service $130!?! 1683432596068

So, you go ahead and do you, but I wouldn't go around telling people that the service manual maintenance schedule is optional. We have the "right to repair" so you can do it yourself as long as you keep records of that, but foregoing it completely is another thing.

Last edited:

Mme4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
premium er RWD
Occupation
shrink
Country flag
Seems that I "win" for the most amount paid. I paid $80 for my 10,000 mile checkup. That was with North Bay Ford, Santa Cruz, CA. It was with their mobile van-done in my garage. He pulled the tires-inspected brakes but did not rotate as wear was even enough (although the rotation would have been included in the price). He pulled several panels to check the 12 volt and fluids. He actually checked all lights; interior and exterior. I declined the cabin filter (extra $64). He was on time, friendly and didn't mind me watching/chatting. Took about an hour. I used some of the Ford Pass points.

The price would have been the same if I brought it to them. If they keep this level of service/price I will keep using them (at home). He did mention that FMC subsidizes the van/service so I bet it doesn't last. The van was new and loaded with equipment, not cheap.

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
As a retired mechanic, that sounds fair for an hour of labor. Time equals money. If you don't have the skills, you need to pay someone else to do it for you.

Moxiemoney

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
If you want your tires rotated, just take your car into pretty much any tire store. At least here in Oregon, they'll do it for free, especially if it's a company you normally buy tires from.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
When I got my FE in 2021 my first service was tho replace the cabin filter which is the same as the explorer. It was $45.

my wife’s 2031 MME premium AWD, yes we have 2. We took in because my car updated much faster than hers. They told me

WE CANNOT FORCE UPDATES. WE CAN ONLY DO THE ONES THAT DID NOT OTA TO YOU. In short they cannot do updates.

your car will tell you if there is an issue. Mine always gives me a monthly report on the status of it. I ONLY took it in when my dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree.

I asked the dealer what exactly do you do at the maintenance intervals.

check tires
Rotate tires
Inspect system
Do diagnostics.

in short except for tire rotation they really do not do anything that your car does not report to you on a monthly basis.

I stopped doing it after the first one. I can live with a bad cabin filter. I get my tires roared for free at American Tire. Heck they even balance them for FREE with my lifetime warranty of the tire for $27 dollars ONE TIME charge.

70,000 later on both cars. My wife’s is just fine. We do our own windshield fluid. That is the ONLY fluid in the car. Mine got bought back by ford because of BRICKING TEICE. Had ZERO to do with no dealer service.

ALWAYS remember a dealer only makes about a total of $1500 profit off a new car. ALL of the dealers profits come from

1- used car sales
2. Service department
3. ADM

sales of new cars barely makes any profit after commissions to sales people which is like $500 per car sold regardless of price. Car dealers look at ANY car as a UNIT. Price is totally irrelevant. ALL cars new on the lot they pay an inventory fee back to ford. This is THE why dealers prefer internet sales. They save a TON of money. This is also why there is next to ZERO PROFIT in new cars. This is THEY why you can no longer haggle on prices. This is WHY ADM exists on inventory.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
In short they cannot do updates.
No, they can do updates, they just don't because they can't claim it with Ford for reimbursement and some of these updates take a long time. If you pay them to update the car, and there's updates available, some dealerships will do them. Other's have had luck with dealerships doing it for free if they have a relationship with the dealer.

That is the ONLY fluid in the car.
No, you also have oil that has to be changed every 150k or 10 years. See here.

Jack Roberts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Dealership wants to charge $130 for the 10k maintenance for my mach e. Is this for real? I've seen other posts show $20 or $30. I'm in SE MI (Ann Arbor area). This is the dealer I bought the vehicle from, should I avoid them for this service?

I did my 12 month in February as I only have 8000 miles. They took about an hour and a half and didn’t charge anything. It looks like they checked everything and gave me the 3 sheets with everything checked off.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
If you want your tires rotated, just take your car into pretty much any tire store. At least here in Oregon, they'll do it for free, especially if it's a company you normally buy tires from.
Better make sure that tire store knows how to properly lift the Mach-E...

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Dealership wants to charge $130 for the 10k maintenance for my mach e. Is this for real? I've seen other posts show $20 or $30. I'm in SE MI (Ann Arbor area). This is the dealer I bought the vehicle from, should I avoid them for this service?

I used my points from buying the car, that should give you at least 2x service intervals from the points.

Moxiemoney

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Better make sure that tire store knows how to properly lift the Mach-E...
True. I would hope that since the MME is now in its 3rd generation, they would all know. At least the bigger shops. But I certainly would tell them anyway!

terry_mach_e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4X | Rapid Red
Country flag

Screenshot_20230506_115857_Chrome.jpg
I went to Gene Butman Ford in Ypsi for my interval servicing twice, and they were quick, priced at $27 (I just redeemed my points), picked up and dropped off my vehicle from my home, and performed all the required S/W updates when they had my MME. I'd surely recommend them (I hope it's not them that quoted you this insane price).

Bonzy23

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mustang Mach E CR1
Country flag
My 10k mile/16k km service was $69.30 CAD, so yours should be under $50 USD. The first service is a good way to use some of your FordPass points that you earned with the purchase of your MME.
when I took mine in for its first 16K service they had no clue of what to do and had no clue of what to charge me at the end of it. Seems like either a lack of education from ford to their employees, or the employees couldn’t really care. Doesn’t make me feel very confident if something major where to go wrong.
Sponsored