Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi all

checking in to see how your cars are doing, not so much from a software look but mechanically, have people had mechanical issues with the car.

I have not had any, cant believe I’ve said that, tomorrow it won’t start. I consider not starting mechanical even though may be software.

I know I have had numerous car play, PAAK issues etc but doesn’t seem to affect driving the car but is annoying.

hope all is well with everyone
Sponsored

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Hi all

checking in to see how your cars are doing, not so much from a software look but mechanically, have people had mechanical issues with the car.

I have not had any, cant believe I’ve said that, tomorrow it won’t start. I consider not starting mechanical even though may be software.

I know I have had numerous car play, PAAK issues etc but doesn’t seem to affect driving the car but is annoying.

hope all is well with everyone
Last update we got was 3.5.4.2. I think that was about a week and a half ago. After having my HVBJB replaced. I haven't had any issues mechanically.

Some people reported their trunk opening upon walking up to the car, which I thought oh, that's a bummer for them. Then a few days ago I walked out to my car and the trunk magically opened as I walked up to it... That's going to be very bad if it happens inside the garage. We are also having the guest profile bug, I did with some of those suggested and made a third profile and haven't seemed to have issue since then.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
6000 miles. Just a few software glitches. Car runs great. I’ve done 3 1000 mile trips and they had been flawless. Enjoying my Mach E.

QueasyLand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Rt1
Country flag
Welp, shift system fault / powertrain malfunction showing up for me today. Booked in to service next week but from other threads on the forum it looks like a dealer-applied software fix so hopefully not a big deal. It still runs fine (which is handy, as I was dropping munchkin#1 off at school when it popped up)

3.5.4.2 also appears to have broken CarPlay a little, every time I try and play music I have to restart the screen 1-2x. I've had no problems at all with CarPlay until now, so pretty annoying.

lonndog

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, Prius V, Mach-E (2021 in 2022)
Occupation
SW CI/CD
Country flag
You can rename your phone and it will show up in the car display with that name. Go to settings and then about phone and you can change the phone name.
Reading comprehension: Low.

After reading the above, the Mrs and I were searching in the Mach-E's settings for "About Phone".

Then, I thought "Maybe he meant in settings ON THE PHONE?" And yes, yes you did. Done, now each phone has our initials as a prefix.

I wonder if that'll work with the Leaf, too? Probably so, will check that out next time I take it for a (short) spin. And curse you Leaf if so, for making me think renaming your phone in the car's settings was a good idea.

THANKS!!!

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
After my last update 3.5.4 my car has been going into deep sleep mode.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
3.5.4.2 received today. A setback as guest profile showed up again. After a couple of resyncs and some other issues it worked.

will see what happens in a few days.

QueasyLand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Rt1
Country flag
The 3.5.x series really screwed up CarPlay for me. It seems better now though, so not sure if 3.6.1 (which I got on Tuesday) fixed anything there or it's unrelated.

I got the car back yesterday, they just did a software update and that fixed all my shift errors. Apparently they forgot to tell me it was ready the day before, but nothing about dealerships surprises me :rolleyes:

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
3.6.1? Lucky you, hope it works well and doesn’t break anything else.

did it say what it does or the normal Ford “general improvement” stuff

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I got 3.5.4.2 yesterday afternoon, so of course I'm halfway to work today when I look down and notice my car's at 51% charge. Don't know what it is about getting OTA updates that makes it forget to charge for a night, but it's not the first time that's happened.
Sponsored