Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I haven’t placed my order yet, but would like delivery in March or April, on a Premium AWD ER. Does anyone have an idea when I should place the order?
September orders are now being scheduled for late February build dates. Delivery is probably 1-2 months but we don't know yet. With order banks opening up for EU/UK orders, lots of export cars will be mixed into the build schedule starting in January. New orders probably won't be delivered until at least May.
Sponsored

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
I'm thinking about purchasing a Mach-E Premium ER-AWD, but I'd like to test drive it first. I called my local dealers and they said they won't have it until late March. I would need a car by May, is it realistic to be able to purchase one by then? I know they are limiting first year production, which makes me worried. I'm in California if that helps.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I'm thinking about purchasing a Mach-E Premium ER-AWD, but I'd like to test drive it first. I called my local dealers and they said they won't have it until late March. I would need a car by May, is it realistic to be able to purchase one by then? I know they are limiting first year production, which makes me worried. I'm in California if that helps.
Contact your dealer. Order the car you *might* want and put a $500 deposit on it with the understand that you want to test drive the demo car and would get a full refund if you don't like it.

That gets you place in line.

Their demo car will SURELY arrive long before your retail order. IF you cancel, I guarantee the dealer will be happy to take your retail order anyway and sell it to someone else (they don't seem to have trouble moving this car). They may even mark the car up above sticker price.

NOTE: The dealer doesn't get to pick their demo car. Ford just randomly assigns them. They may or may not get a Premium ER-AWD as a demo. It is what it is ... but that'll be the only demo they get and they wont let you drive a customer's retail order car.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
NOTE: The dealer doesn't get to pick their demo car. Ford just randomly assigns them.
That‘s not true. Dealers could order the config they wanted for their FCTP vehicle. Only First Editions were originally restricted.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
That‘s not true. Dealers could order the config they wanted for their FCTP vehicle. Only First Editions were originally restricted.
Interesting... my dealer tells me they did not get to pick. They got RWD.

I checked the inventory for all dealers within 20 miles.

Nearly all of them are Premium AWD cars. I found only one other dealer that had RWD ... but that dealer listed 3 cars (one Premium AWD, one Premium RWD, and one Select AWD ... not sure which of the three is their FCTP car.)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
If lady luck smiles you might be lucky to get your order built by May assuming you place your order now. Oct Nov orders are getting build dates of March ish and many not yet scheduled. So if you get a build date in April, May delivery is a possibility. From build week to delivery is about 50-55 days approximately. Or by then some of the current reservation holders may receive cars but not buy them and you may get a shot at those. Best option is place the order as suggested in above posts and you have other options as well and see if you get lucky with canceled orders or your own order (make sure its refundable deposit order with dealer who takes Xplan and no ADM - see the no ADM dealer thread). Tuttle Click has over 25 orders in Irvine alone (as of Nov) and I assume at least one or two will cancel. or a FCTP car becomes available by May
Sponsored