snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
I'm thinking more in terms of rarity than reliability. There were only a few thousand 2012 Model S and 2017 3s.

Do you think the 2021 GTs will have similar problem issues to the early S and 3s? The GTs are being built after tens of thousands of earlier trims have already gone down the line so I'm not sure comparisons to early Teslas is a good one to make.
I doubt it will be anything like the early Teslas, it's still a bit too early to tell if there's some issues with the 2021 MME though. There's some troubling posts on here about complete HV battery replacements and issues, with parts taking months to arrive. It's possible those are fluke incidents though especially on a car forum where you're going to see all sorts of issues
Sponsored

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
The desirability of the 2021 GT to me is the same as looking at the GT350. No one is looking at the 2015 GT350's that rolled off the lot saying "not taking that garbage, I'll get one from 2016".

Which BTW was also limited in production since it started halfway through the year.

Jordan H

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
What did you order? My GT order at the end of april has a build date..
? This is so infuriating at no one at Ford can explain it. Premium ER AWD.

thait84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER
Country flag
I'm going to cancel my late April Premium ER AWD order. No production scheduled and it is so close to the new model year. Going to re-order in the future when lead times are shorter and when some of the unknowns around reliability and ease of part replacement are resolved.

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag
My only issue with waiting for the 2022 model is the tax credit. The F-150 is the most popular selling vehicle in america then when you break it down, its the most popular selling truck. So if one is sold every 46 seconds as a gas version, just imagine the electric. Then I can only imagine that tax credit will be GONE once deliveries start with the lightnings. And to me a 2021 vs 2022 is not worth the loss of the $7,500. Just my .02.

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My only issue with waiting for the 2022 model is the tax credit. The F-150 is the most popular selling vehicle in america then when you break it down, its the most popular selling truck. So if one is sold every 46 seconds as a gas version, just imagine the electric. Then I can only imagine that tax credit will be GONE once deliveries start with the lightnings. And to me a 2021 vs 2022 is not worth the loss of the $7,500. Just my .02.
The full $7500 will be available until the end of Q3 2022 for sure and maybe until the end of Q4. Tax credit will only be a factor for 2023 models, and even then the different versions is $3500, not $7500.

barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat and Jeep Cherokee
Country flag
I don't think the tax credit will be a big deal to most. Tesla owners have not had it for awhile and there is no slowing of sales. It is only a maximum of $7,500.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
2021 Mach-E FINAL ORDERS DUE: 9/3/21
2022 Mach-E ORDER BANKS OPEN: 9/27/21
2022 Mach-E SCHEDULING BEGINS: 10/21/21
2022 Mach-E PRODUCTION START: 11/29/21

2022-mache-mustang-ordering-production-schedule-dates.png
I guess that's one way to catch up do a short run in 21. That will get them back in the proper scheduling Q.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I think if I had a do over then would have just waited till next year but so far no regrets! At least the tax credit has been secured for this year!

tacobellcow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Ordered: '21 Select (Silver w/appearance pack)
Occupation
Advertising Sales
Country flag
So many people cancelling their orders. Maybe the rest of us will get ours sooner. Prob not tho.

PicassoPC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E CaRt1, 2011 Nissan Leaf
Country flag
I'm going to cancel my late April Premium ER AWD order. No production scheduled and it is so close to the new model year. Going to re-order in the future when lead times are shorter and when some of the unknowns around reliability and ease of part replacement are resolved.
I'll make you a great deal on a California Route 1 with only 1,000 miles on it (in SoCal)! ;)

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
I will be surprised if Ford doesn't offer some kind of financial incentive on 2021 MMEs as 2022 production approaches.

JMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT PE
Country flag
Where in NV and what dealer did you use? I am in Henderson and ordered my Premium through Ford Country. The experience has been meh at best. I realize a lot of that is Ford, but they aren't exactly forthcoming on order info either.
Also Ford Country. Sherri. “Meh” may be a bit complimentary. It seems clear that Ford pretty much hung them out to dry. We almost canceled & bought a used E Tron because of the apparent lack of support and training for those on the frontline. Buuuuut… we REALLY want the Mach E!!
Sponsored