2022 Orders Still Without Build Dates?

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
If the dealer cannot make this right by switching my car to a Premium trim at last year's pricing (net) then I am probably going to just walk away.
I will eat my hat if your dealer does that for you. That would be incredible. I hope it works out but I would bet that it won't happen... at least, not from the dealer's end.

Don't bail just yet - in the past Ford did work to make things right for customers by offering credits to offset cost increases and such. I don't know if it'll happen now - they may feel that the Mach-E has enough buzz and good enough reputation that they don't have to do things like that anymore. Get alternate plans into place just in case Ford doesn't offer some sort of incentive, but wait to see.
Sponsored

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
I will eat my hat if your dealer does that for you. That would be incredible. I hope it works out but I would bet that it won't happen... at least, not from the dealer's end.

Don't bail just yet - in the past Ford did work to make things right for customers by offering credits to offset cost increases and such. I don't know if it'll happen now - they may feel that the Mach-E has enough buzz and good enough reputation that they don't have to do things like that anymore. Get alternate plans into place just in case Ford doesn't offer some sort of incentive, but wait to see.
Well in hawaii the hats are probably edible anyway... if I show you my order will you make a video eating said hat?

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well in hawaii the hats are probably edible anyway... if I show you my order will you make a video eating said hat?
Truth be told my hat is actually pretty big because the sun is pretty strong out here - I was going to backtrack and write that I would just take a single bite out of my hat. But then I thought, who am I kidding? There's no way the dealership would do that. Full hat, all in.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
Truth be told my hat is actually pretty big because the sun is pretty strong out here - I was going to backtrack and write that I would just take a single bite out of my hat. But then I thought, who am I kidding? There's no way the dealership would do that. Full hat, all in.
my dealer said he asked his regional if it is possible so stay tuned

MnSparty38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I put my deposit down on a Chevy EV Blazer just in case I cancel mine, even though that will be 1+yr out…

OP
OP

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I honestly will not deal with Ford again if they do not do something to makeup for the Select + CT Package orders. They should at least substitute the Premium with short-range battery and offer last-year's pricing on that (around $50K for RWD and 53K for AWD, I believe).

So glad that I did not already foot the money for the Mustang Club of America to get the X-plan pricing. Last Mustang I owned was when I was 16. I was really looking forward to the nostalgia of owning a Mustang again, but I don't have time to be jerked around like this. I passed up quite a few cars I could have owned because I had this one on order.

This is what my 1986 Mustang looked like (except mine was a 2.3 LX):

1986 ford mustang lx at DuckDuckGo.jpg

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I honestly will not deal with Ford again if they do not do something to makeup for the Select + CT Package orders. They should at least substitute the Premium with short-range battery and offer last-year's pricing on that (around $50K for RWD and 53K for AWD, I believe).

So glad that I did not already foot the money for the Mustang Club of America to get the X-plan pricing. Last Mustang I owned was when I was 16. I was really looking forward to the nostalgia of owning a Mustang again, but I don't have time to be jerked around like this. I passed up quite a few cars I could have owned because I had this one on order.

This is what my 1986 Mustang looked like (except mine was a 2.3 LX):

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022 Orders Still Without Build Dates? 1986 ford mustang lx at DuckDuckGo

The right thing that ford should do is give any current '22 order the chance to switch trims at old pricing. If you want the prem then you would get a rebate in the form of the Adjustment.

OP
OP

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
mustang-mach-e-price-increase-png.png

The right thing that ford should do is give any current '22 order the chance to switch trims at old pricing. If you want the prem then you would get a rebate in the form of the Adjustment.
Yeah -- just spoke to my dealer and Ford is not going to give him '22 pricing if the trim changes. In fact they want me to pay $3200 still for the CT package even though they are not giving me the options. It was nice dreaming about this car and participating in this forum, but I am cancelling my order today and walking. I won't be dealing with Ford again.

I called corporate customer relations phone line today. I figured that corporate created the problem and they should deal with it. They just hid behind the dealer and said I needed to work with my dealer on changing my order and the pricing. Meanwhile the dealer is telling me that Ford won't help him on pricing for a premium. I cannot believe I may actually consider ordering a freaking Tesla just to avoid the customer support duality. I am so tired of pulling up to an intersection and seeing 1 to 3 Teslas every time -- they have gotten so tired looking and the lack of CarPlay is ridiculous. Maybe best to wait out the supply shortage and wait until these manufacturers are begging for customers rather than buying a vehicle when the customers are begging the manufacturers for cars.

Personally, I think Ford wants me to cancel so they can do more orders at the higher pricing. I am just upset that I passed up opportunities to buy other vehicles because I had this on order.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I put my deposit down on a Chevy EV Blazer just in case I cancel mine, even though that will be 1+yr out…
Funny, I have GM EV WT on reservation.

MnSparty38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Maybe best to wait out the supply shortage and wait until these manufacturers are begging for customers rather than buying a vehicle when the customers are begging the manufacturers for cars.
If you don’t need the car, I’d wait for 2024 and see what turns up with the tax credits and new models coming out.

im running a 2005 with 120k miles, and sinking more and more into it lately. I need a new car. so if I cancel mine, I wouldn’t be able to wait long.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
mustang-mach-e-price-increase-png.png

I like the adjustment table!

I just got a text from Ford confirming my build has been pushed into 2023.

Now I have to begrudgingly drive to my dealer and figure out if I can step up into a Premium trim.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022 Orders Still Without Build Dates? Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 12.33.51 PM

OP
OP

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I like the adjustment table!

I just got a text from Ford confirming my build has been pushed into 2023.

Now I have to begrudgingly drive to my dealer and figure out if I can step up into a Premium trim.

Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 12.33.51 PM.jpg
Just got the same text. Ford corporate says that an email is coming with details of my "private offer" and additionally they gave me a Bonus Cash Certificate number for my trouble due to how this was handled (i.e.: changing my online order without notifying me first). They also threw a $100 gift card to merchandise.ford.com at me to say sorry. I do not know the amount of my "Bonus Cash Certificate" nor the details of my "private offer" -- but supposedly I take both of those to the dealer and see if we can apply it and then modify my order to price as a 2023 premium minus the discounts.

UPDATE: Dealer says that the amount of the "private offer" or any incentive cannot be known until the vehicle has a VIN number.

Last edited:

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Just got the same text. Ford corporate says that an email is coming with details of my "private offer" and additionally they gave me a Bonus Cash Certificate number for my trouble due to how this was handled (i.e.: changing my online order without notifying me first). They also threw a $100 gift card to merchandise.ford.com at me to say sorry. I do not know the amount of my "Bonus Cash Certificate" nor the details of my "private offer" -- but supposedly I take both of those to the dealer and see if we can apply it and then modify my order to price as a 2023 premium minus the discounts.

UPDATE: Dealer says that the amount of the "private offer" or any incentive cannot be known until the vehicle has a VIN number.
This is good to know!

So if you change trims, and a VIN is issued, will the private offer change too??

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah -- just spoke to my dealer and Ford is not going to give him '22 pricing if the trim changes. In fact they want me to pay $3200 still for the CT package even though they are not giving me the options. It was nice dreaming about this car and participating in this forum, but I am cancelling my order today and walking. I won't be dealing with Ford again.
I read somewhere today that Ford was going to honor 2022 pricing for people whose orders are getting rolled over. I breezed over it but I thought it said that it would apply even to trim changes. Now I can't remember where I saw it.

I called corporate customer relations phone line today. I figured that corporate created the problem and they should deal with it. They just hid behind the dealer and said I needed to work with my dealer on changing my order and the pricing. Meanwhile the dealer is telling me that Ford won't help him on pricing for a premium. I cannot believe I may actually consider ordering a freaking Tesla just to avoid the customer support duality. I am so tired of pulling up to an intersection and seeing 1 to 3 Teslas every time -- they have gotten so tired looking and the lack of CarPlay is ridiculous. Maybe best to wait out the supply shortage and wait until these manufacturers are begging for customers rather than buying a vehicle when the customers are begging the manufacturers for cars.
It is really frustrating how Ford hides behind the dealers. And I hear you on the Teslas - I don't really care about how unique the vehicle is, and the Mach-E is now a vehicle I see a few times a week (compared with multiple Teslas every single day). It may sound silly but the CarPlay thing was actually the breaking factor for me, and why I specifically did not get a Tesla.

Hopefully Ford does right by you but if not, there are some other amazing EVs out there... when I ordered in October 2021 it was really the Mach-E or a Tesla, but now there's the Kia EV6 (I test-drove one and it was really darn nice), Hyundai Ioniq 5, BMW... forgot the model number, and more on the way. Hopefully you get something you like, even if it's not the Mach-E.

OP
OP

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I read somewhere today that Ford was going to honor 2022 pricing for people whose orders are getting rolled over. I breezed over it but I thought it said that it would apply even to trim changes. Now I can't remember where I saw it.

It is really frustrating how Ford hides behind the dealers. And I hear you on the Teslas - I don't really care about how unique the vehicle is, and the Mach-E is now a vehicle I see a few times a week (compared with multiple Teslas every single day). It may sound silly but the CarPlay thing was actually the breaking factor for me, and why I specifically did not get a Tesla.

Hopefully Ford does right by you but if not, there are some other amazing EVs out there... when I ordered in October 2021 it was really the Mach-E or a Tesla, but now there's the Kia EV6 (I test-drove one and it was really darn nice), Hyundai Ioniq 5, BMW... forgot the model number, and more on the way. Hopefully you get something you like, even if it's not the Mach-E.
I spoke with Ford corporate while at the dealer yesterday. Their rep on the marketing team said *NOT* to do anything until I had my email. I ordered a car that cost $51,605 ($51930 - $325 for active park assist 2.0 deletion). The upgrade to a 2023 Premium AWD Short Range is $60,010 and Extended Range is $68,610 (including all fees). If the "private offer" is $1000 then I cannot afford the extended range, but if it is $8000 to $10,000 then I want to get the extended range. Maybe the private offer depends on what I change to in order to adjust for 2022 pricing. I spoke to somebody again this morning and she says the offer has not been generated yet.

The big problem with the other EV's out there (and I did put in an order with nothing down for a Kia EV6 and $500 down for a Nissan Ariya) is that the other EV's no longer get a $7500 tax credit for me. The Mach-E only gets that if it delivers by the end of the year.

If I can get 2022 pricing then I would order the car I originally wanted... the 2022 Premium AWD Extended Range. On March 30, 2022 the ordering for Premium was closed. The next best thing without breaking the bank was the Select AWD with Comfort/Technology package -- in fact it saved quite a bit of money but lost a lot of range. I really want Ford to tell me what is happening so I can make a decision on how to change my order.

I seem to get different information every time I call.

The big problem here is that Ford has a backlog of thousands of cars. Why even announce the 2023 Model Year if you are not done with that and the 2023 is not changing much anyway -- there are no new groundbreaking features in the 2023 -- in fact the new model year is addition by subtraction.
Sponsored