First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2023 Ford Mach-E GT
Occupation
Software Developer
My wife and I only had a Mach-E for 6 months before she was able to easily determine that she will never consider any Ford again for the rest of her life. I was curious how Ford would handle the complaint and wanted to get it in the service center at least once to see everything working properly. Gave up after a few weeks of insanity and Ford is now just dead to me.

I kinda hope this is some sort of strategy to make a ton of profit on cheaply made cars because if these things really cost this much to produce and this is really the best Ford could do, it is simply shocking.

They have a face tracker and fancy blue wheel symbol for their barebones lane-centering to trick everyone into thinking it's anywhere close to Tesla's tech level. The face tracker obviously had far more to do with boosting their stock prices than anything to help the driving experience. It completely fails to even track in sunlight! In reality it's just an adaptive cruise system that waits too late to slow down as it approaches traffic and the lane-centering will lose its tracking on almost everything but a flat, clean, freshly painted lane.

The 2020 Kia Niro's lane centering is far superior to the Mach-E's. But Mach-E further endangers the public with a faulty face-tracker to build overconfidence in its very limited capabilities.

One does have to ponder in awe over the fact that Ford puts this product this bad out to market and has the unfathomable gall to try to charge for subscriptions to its pathetic navigation and bluecruise. ~J.K. Howling

I disagree on the lane centering part. Bluecruise is pretty expensive for what it is, but the lane centering is pretty competent IMO. Tesla's almost got me in a very serious accident. My daughter was hurt by a sudden phantom braking at 75mph.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Amazing. Reading this forum I am starting to regret this purchase. I hope this does not happen to me. The Model 3 I traded in had one problem with the suspension once, was fixed and never saw the service center again. I really hope the MME does not give me trouble because I like the car.
I have a ‘21 GT-PE that had the original design HVBJB. It failed after a year and 3/4 And was replaced by the second generation part. So far, it’s doing OK. The third generation part was introduced in November of ‘23. There have been very few failures of that part reported on the forum, so I am going to purposely try to fail my second generation part so that I can get a third later this summer. 🤪🐩

Anyhow, that is the only major problem that I have had with the car if you discount the time it got vandalized. It’s not perfect and there are things I would like to see changed (one of which they have finally folded into 2024 models), but mine I feel is an overall solid car. 😊🐩

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Mine sat for a week on the lot, completed. After I went to the lot to reclaim it, in whatever state it was in, they realized it was done.
Man, you weren't joking. I had to call so many times to chase them down to see if my car was ready. My service advisor just would not call or text me back with any status until I forced them to have a different person check the status.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
MY SA quit. No one bothered to take over her queue.
When i was there picking it up I was reading the 'long timers' board for the service dept in Chandler, it was like 4 people that'd been there longer than 3 years.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Man, you weren't joking. I had to call so many times to chase them down to see if my car was ready. My service advisor just would not call or text me back with any status until I forced them to have a different person check the status.
Sounds like the SA at the dealership that I had service my car. Nobody else would look into it either, so I had to go to the service department to check status myself. When I got there I was presented with: “Huh, your car was done yesterday.” 🤬🐩

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Sounds like the SA at the dealership that I had service my car. Nobody else would look into it either, so I had to go to the service department to check status myself. When I got there I was presented with: “Huh, your car was done yesterday.” 🤬🐩
I can configure my batch compute runs @ work to text me when they are finished, so I expect the car service department to be able to do the same. Hell, when you call this service department, they say to text them for faster responses!

Us engineers are a demanding bunch, aren't we. ;)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I can configure my batch compute runs @ work to text me when they are finished, so I expect the car service department to be able to do the same. Hell, when you call this service department, they say to text them for faster responses!

Us engineers are a demanding bunch, aren't we. ;)
Yeah, the dealership I went to also said to text for faster response. I am still waiting for a return of my phone calls and texts from August. I must be demanding as heck for using multiple communications mediums. 🤣🐩

JamFly

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance Rapid Red
Occupation
Somnambulist
Country flag
SAs are definitely overworked and underpaid. I had the same experience at two different Chrysler dealerships for wife’s trash minivan.

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
SAs are definitely overworked and underpaid. I had the same experience at two different Chrysler dealerships for wife’s trash minivan.
Maybe, but the service advisors at the RAM and Nissan dealerships I've been to recently seem to keep you informed and are accurate about their ETAs.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I won’t say that my experience is something that everyone is going to get. I know people in the area who had perfectly fine experiences with the same warranty service that I got. I’m just saying that the individual SA at the dealership I left my car with was unresponsive , and coincidentally @hartmms seemed to have the same experience. 😱🐩

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Well, to make matters worse, I had someone run the VIN and they didn't replace the HVBJB at all. Just ran some diagnostics and reset the codes. Service receipt says the 12v battery had a bad cell and they replaced it. It was only 2 months old. 🤬

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Whelp, got the SSN message again. Back to the service department it goes. I will speak to the manager and demand they replace the HVBJB this time. 🤬

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Car is back with a fresh HVBJB installed. I hope this one lasts longer than the last one.
Sponsored