Bishop

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Expedition, 2022 Mach-E (ordered)
Country flag
Wow, that’s crazy, one reason I went with the Ca. Rt. 1 AWD over Premium was it was $2400 cheaper and only gave up a few things. Now with these prices it will be comparable in price with less features. Add to that the tax break going away and the Mach E will continue to be an affluent person’s car!
once you factor in the extended range battery the price increase is identical.
Prem RWD + Ext Range Battery = 4k increase
CA RT 1 = 4k increase

Prem AWD + Ext range battery = 5k increase
CA RT 1 AWD = 5k increase
Sponsored

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
So since I ordered Feb, is it questionable if I will get pushed into 23 model? I had thought I might get built in Aug with Oct delivery (8 months total) but with people getting their Oct/Nov orders still for Premiums, it seems tight.
Indeed I am in the same boat I have two vehicles on order and they were both ordered on February 22, 2022. Originally my dealer said probably October November delivery but definitely by the holidays and definitely a 2022 model.
When I spoke with him yesterday his confidence level has dropped a great deal he seemed kind of sheepish and said who knows indicating that it very well could be pushed into a 2023 model
Jes sayin …..as Tom Petty aptly sung “ the waiting is the hardest part”

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Indeed I am in the same boat I have two vehicles on order and they were both ordered on February 22, 2022. Originally my dealer said probably October November delivery but definitely by the holidays and definitely a 2022 model.
When I spoke with him yesterday his confidence level has dropped a great deal he seemed kind of sheepish and said who knows indicating that it very well could be pushed into a 2023 model
Jes sayin …..as Tom Petty aptly sung “ the waiting is the hardest part”
I would doubt it, seems like they strategically stopped orders to prevent the model switch over again

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
I would doubt it, seems like they strategically stopped orders to prevent the model switch over again
The dealer seemed to indicate the that the sheer volume of orders for both MachE Lightning and Transit coupled with both parts delays and shipping issues is making the order system much less accurate and reliable
And he said battery production limits it more than any other part. Mexico plant has closed for 20 days already this year waiting for battery packs that are crucial to start assembly
I was optimistic on my first two orders and they took eight and 11 months so I’m less optimistic now
Jes sayin

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
CA RT 1 = 4k increase

CA RT 1 = 4k increase

Gotcha, forgot the premium doesn’t come with extended range battery standard.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Just did a quick search on average car price increases... Got this from KBB

The average new car price rose
$1800 in 2019,
$3301 in 2020,
$6220 in 2021.

Average new car price in Dec 2021 $47,077 .

Based on this, what do you think MME prices will do in '23?

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The dealer seemed to indicate the that the sheer volume of orders for both MachE Lightning and Transit coupled with both parts delays and shipping issues is making the order system much less accurate and reliable
And he said battery production limits it more than any other part. Mexico plant has closed for 20 days already this year waiting for battery packs that are crucial to start assembly
I was optimistic on my first two orders and they took eight and 11 months so I’m less optimistic now
Jes sayin
I know but that's why they strategically stopped orders so early into the MY cycle to ensure every order is fulfilled for '22 imo

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just did a quick search on average car price increases... Got this from KBB

The average new car price rose
$1800 in 2019,
$3301 in 2020,
$6220 in 2021.

Average new car price in Dec 2021 $47,077 .

Based on this, what do you think MME prices will do in '23?
They already announced the price raise for the '23 MME. With the tax credit evaporating it's going to be rough

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
They already announced the price raise for the '23 MME. With the tax credit evaporating it's going to be rough
I see articles on price increases for the '22's. (stated and then rescinded) I haven't seen any pricing for the '23's.

From any manufacturers perspective, one of the key drivers for closing the order books is that in times of rapid supply inflation (like now), you don't want to lock in sale prices for a product you haven't bought the material for yet.

My uninformed crystal ball says 10+% increase (or price increase + de-contenting) before the '24's are available... time will tell

Last edited:

RP_GT

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'95 Vette LT1; '06 Mazda6 V6; '22 MME GT
Occupation
Elec. Engr.
Country flag
What does "Spec Change" refer to? In the beginning of April (before the supposed price increase) I was considering changing my base GT to GT PE for the magnaride. My dealer said "Nope". I would have to cancel my order and create a new one, however, all order were suspended on 4/1 so it couldn't be done.
  • 08/18/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec Change

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
CA RT 1 = 4k increase

So after the increase...
A) There is no benefit to ordering the CA RT 1 and everyone will order the Premium (missing quite a bit of Premium features)
or
B) They will bump up and add those features in (But doesn't make sense, we can just order the Premium trim, unless someone wants a special "CA RT 1" badge)

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Does this mean all cars produced from Halloween on will be 2023 models?
All the details will be included when the 2023 Order Guide is released.

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
So after the increase...
A) There is no benefit to ordering the CA RT 1 and everyone will order the Premium (missing quite a bit of Premium features)
or
B) They will bump up and add those features in (But doesn't make sense, we can just order the Premium trim, unless someone wants a special "CA RT 1" badge)
I did not get your point. CR1 still cheaper then similar Premium trim. Also , should, theoretically, provide better mileage.
Sponsored