First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Nissan Maxima
Country flag
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. Considering buying the 2023 Mach E. I haven't been able to test drive even an older model, they're nowhere to be found in Southern California. I sat in one, and the leg room didn't seem to be as good as I'd hoped. (I'm 6'4)

I ran across an article that said the 2023 would be 43 inches in the front seat for leg room. I can't find anything that backs that up. My guess is the legroom will be 41.5", (if memory serves)just like the 2022 model. I called Ford, and they don't have an answer, which I found crazy considering they're taking orders.

If anyone has the info, please share, but wondering if it's even published yet.

I'm really leaning electric for my next car. We have solar, so it seems like a no brainer with the cost of gas in CA. My job gives me a decent car allowance, but doesn't pay for gas. My 2017 Maxima has been fun, but with 115k miles on a CVT transmission, I feel like I'm driving a ticking time bomb at this point!
Sponsored

OP
OP

GraytScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Nissan Maxima
Country flag
And never mind! Amazing I just saw the tech specs posted and see leg room at 43.3 Great!

rockatansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Infinite Blue Mach-E ER RWD
Country flag
6'5" checking in.

I can say there is plenty of leg room in the front (2021 MY). In other vehicles, my knees rest up against the center consoles, so I was concerned that my knee would hit the center screen. No such issue.

My sons are both north of 6' and are able to fit semi-comfortably in the back seats, too. Though I have no personal experience with this for longer than sitting in the back while parked just to check it out.

STL-Mach-E

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Escape PHEV, 2023 MME GTPE
Country flag
I am 6'8' and had minimal issues. On long trips in any car I find my right hip bothers me more than anything. Drove my MME from Denver to St. Louis and the blue cruise makes the drive across Kansas so easy. In general headroom and leg room were not issues at all. Right calf may pinch a little on the console. I couldn't dream of driving a standard mustang or much less anything other than a Supercrew F150 prior to this vehicle. It is surprising how little leg room even the largest SUV's have.

Southern92

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW i3
Country flag
6'6" here. I have plenty of room, but you will want to get your seat properly adjusted so your knee doesn't hit the center screen. Once set up correctly & saved in memory, your golden!
Sponsored