devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E AWD, '22 Hyundai Tucson SEL AWD
Occupation
Law Enforcement Software Engineer
Country flag
UPDATE, the local dealership says my car doesn't qualify (Even though it was built in Aug 21). They tried giving me the excuse of "well maybe it wasn't built at that plant" and "maybe it wasn't built in that month"....This was all after I had to explain to them what it even was.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Mine took almost 5 days because one of the updates (ABS?) kept showing it failed. That was back in January before we learned it often says that it failed when it didn't.

zog

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
21P22 installed in my 2021 Job 2 GT PE, took in total 45 min at the dealer.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Bring in the instructions for the update. Make sure they do all 12 modules. Ask for proof that they did all 12. My dealership did the first 5 and said it was done. Thankfully a meme we on here checked for me and told me the screwed me. I then had to argue with the dealership to get them to finish the job.
5D7031A9-22AB-48CA-96FE-29E27486AE1B.jpeg

85AA83C0-4484-4CD1-8983-56979966B19D.png
43FF38D1-B227-43C1-A4DB-7BBDADF4BA86.png
That sounds like exactly what happened to me. The first 5 modules in the list were updated and it stated that 5 modules were updated on the service invoice. The rest of them arenā€™t done. Whatā€™s up with that? Where do they get the idea to quit after that?

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That sounds like exactly what happened to me. The first 5 modules in the list were updated and it stated that 5 modules were updated on the service invoice. The rest of them arenā€™t done. Whatā€™s up with that? Where do they get the idea to quit after that?
Itā€™s funny bc they reprogrammed my onboard charger (not even the issue I was having) and did it in 45 mins under warranty, doing the update they couldā€™ve got over an hour and just updated the obcc. I called another dealership and supposedly they are do it the first of next month. Weā€™ll see but I am gonna bring all that paperwork.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I think itā€™s all their used to doing. The first 5 modules are the ā€œPCMā€ or Powertrain Control Modules, and they all run as a group. So you start the PCM and it does all 5 in a series without them having to touch it. I bet thatā€™s all they ever have had to do on previous cars, itā€™s also the easiest to do because you press a button and walk away.
I keep saying this, dealers need to understand that on new cars software updates are as important as oil changes. Itā€™s what will keep them in business as cars require less preventative maintenance.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Bring in the instructions for the update. Make sure they do all 12 modules. Ask for proof that they did all 12. My dealership did the first 5 and said it was done. Thankfully a meme we on here checked for me and told me the screwed me. I then had to argue with the dealership to get them to finish the job.
5D7031A9-22AB-48CA-96FE-29E27486AE1B.jpeg

85AA83C0-4484-4CD1-8983-56979966B19D.png
43FF38D1-B227-43C1-A4DB-7BBDADF4BA86.png
How much arguing did it take to get them to actually read the instructions?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ugh donā€™t tell me AutoNation St. Pete doesnā€™t know how to do this. Were you able to get them to actually finish it?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UPDATE, the local dealership says my car doesn't qualify (Even though it was built in Aug 21). They tried giving me the excuse of "well maybe it wasn't built at that plant" and "maybe it wasn't built in that month"....This was all after I had to explain to them what it even was.
Canā€™t they see the exact date it was built? Iā€™m so confused at the idiocy

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Canā€™t they see the exact date it was built? Iā€™m so confused at the idiocy
Iā€™m guessing they just didnā€™t want to mess with it. Gonna be fun when the Lightningā€™s come out and they still donā€™t want to do updates on those either. I take the ā€œEV Certifiedā€ Ford dealerships with a grain of salt. They probably just took a 30 min online course and now they are ā€œcertifiedā€ otherwise they would know these things.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
How much arguing did it take to get them to actually read the instructions?
Iā€™m not kidding when I say I was SHAKING by the end of that argument. I had the service writer, service manager, and service tech all being obstinate and telling me they couldnā€™t do what the instructions said to do. The 4 of us were just shy of yelling at each other in the lobby of the service department in front of all the other customers and service writers. They kept throwing up BS reasons and I kept knocking them down with everything Iā€™ve learned from members on here. They finally agreed to do it, I think more to get me out of there. I donā€™t know if they actually followed fords instructions or if they just did the modules I listed for them in big font on a sheet I printed out. I know for a fact they never connected the 12v battery to external power, and from the sounds of some of their excuses I donā€™t think they ever do.

janfredrik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
This is a screenshot I got from a member here a day after 21P22. They should have done more modules, right?

1647201720480.png

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
This is a screenshot I got from a member here a day after 21P22. They should have done more modules, right?

Ford Mustang Mach-E 21P22 How Long to Complete? 1647201720480
For us Europeans to be able to get OTA-updates, all (or at least APIM) need to be updated by the dealer and this is NOT part of 21P22.... Some of us Dutchies (not me) have done FDRS updates ourselves > 2.x version in the car. Other people have gone to the dealer for windshield recall and the dealer did (the right) updates and 2.x was updated OTA. It is hit or miss at the moment...

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Ugh donā€™t tell me AutoNation St. Pete doesnā€™t know how to do this. Were you able to get them to actually finish it?
I called a couple days ago and scheduled a visit on April 20th for the Blue Cruise update and the rest of 21P22. Havenā€™t actually talked to a service writer yet about the details but the scheduler seemed to know that there were updates available and had no problems scheduling it and the rental car Iā€™ll need. Iā€™m pretty sure they assigned me the same service writer as I had for the glass recall and original 21P22. She was easy to work with, so, Iā€™m hoping it will go well. So far, I havenā€™t gotten any more OTAā€˜s past 2.4.2.

If I were you, Iā€™d make sure to go over the update list when you bring it in to make sure they hit them all - now that you know what COULD happen.
Good luck.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I called a couple days ago and scheduled a visit on April 20th for the Blue Cruise update and the rest of 21P22. Havenā€™t actually talked to a service writer yet about the details but the scheduler seemed to know that there were updates available and had no problems scheduling it and the rental car Iā€™ll need. Iā€™m pretty sure they assigned me the same service writer as I had for the glass recall and original 21P22. She was easy to work with, so, Iā€™m hoping it will go well. So far, I havenā€™t gotten any more OTAā€˜s past 2.4.2.

If I were you, Iā€™d make sure to go over the update list when you bring it in to make sure they hit them all - now that you know what COULD happen.
Good luck.
Let me know what happens, Iā€™m gonna wait to see how they do with yours or wait for OTA. Iā€™m pretty close to just getting my own FDRS setup if they end up not knowing what they are doing. It already seems like they donā€™t know how to read instructions if they didnā€™t do yours right the first time.

Iā€™m still waiting on a new emblem for my drivers side door that they ordered a month ago but the first one came in broke and I had to ask about it before they gave me a status. Is your service writer named Beth?
Sponsored