Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Ford mobile charger will draw 32 amps, 7.4 kw, and charge at about 20 MPH.

If the battery is too hot or cold, or if the 12V battery is low, it will correct those before actually charging. In your case, I'm guessing it spent 30 minutes cooling the battery before the charging started.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WildBillTV

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Huge thank you to everyone who responded to this thread! I won't worry too much about the charging or the car. I did just bring the car home after a 45 minute drive and plug it in, so as others have said the car was most likely cooling down the batteries.

Thank you everyone!!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford mobile charger will draw 32 amps, 7.4 kw, and charge at about 20 MPH.

If the battery is too hot or cold, or if the 12V battery is low, it will correct those before actually charging. In your case, I'm guessing it spent 30 minutes cooling the battery before the charging started.
20 mph on the GOM for who thou? The one that drives slow city or the one that drives mostly interstate. Their range and in turn their charging mph will be sustainably different. I think when ford states mph charging it is based on EPA? Guess it works if your GOM reflects that. For me it is just a confusing stat.

40 - 48 amp chargers are in the ballpark range of 10% an hour for the EX (88 KW). That is in the ballpark of what a grizzle extreme is getting here. Last charge here 24% to 85% in about 6.5 hours. My miles/hour charging will change with the seasons. About 25 mph on the GOM here last charge but my GOM is very close to EPA at the current exterior temperatures. When my range goes down in the winter by 20 to 30% my charging will be less than 20 mph but still at 10%/hour.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
20 mph on the GOM for who thou? The one that drives slow city or the one that drives mostly interstate. Their range and in turn their charging mph will be sustainably different. I think when ford states mph charging it is based on EPA? Guess it works if your GOM reflects that. For me it is just a confusing stat.
MPH charging figures in literature are based on the EPA range (e.g. 270 miles) unless stated otherwise. Adjust as needed.
Sponsored