generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
In Android if you drag down on the screen it will do a refresh
It's supposed to do that in iOS as well. But it often gets stuck and stops updating, even when dragging down to refresh.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheVirtualTim

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
In Android if you drag down on the screen it will do a refresh
It used to do this in iOS as well... but at some point that stopped working (you can still pull down to refresh, but it will show the same data without refreshing).

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It used to do this in iOS as well... but at some point that stopped working (you can still pull down to refresh, but it will show the same data without refreshing).
Select the vehicle tab and refresh. That works for me on the latest non beta iOS. That will then refresh the main page.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
My home page stopped updating with iOS 3.29.1 but I just keep it on the vehicle tab which works properly. Nothing that worked with previous versions will update the home page charge status.

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I think the “Updated 6 hours ago” on the FordPass home screen won’t change when you refresh with a pull down. This is how long it has been since the car checked in to the Ford server so that won’t change until there is a vehicle event that updates the server.

Starting the MME from the app will trigger an event and update the server, it should show “Updated just now” but you have have to refresh the screen screwn to pull the updated status from the server. In an ideal world the app would request the updated status from the server when the Start command completed but didn’t seem that way.

C0413861-289A-43F2-8EDD-1E3A81B67C61.jpeg

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Further rant coming.

I gave them cash for this car. This car is on my network and I own it. Why does this app not communicate on my local network to the car like other software for computers and AI I own does? Why does it say fordpass is not responding when the car is 20' from the app/phone, says bluetooth is connected and shows as a wi-fi device on my router?

This app should be something I use to manage my vehicle in house not constant and what appears to be outside contact. Why do I even give two cents whether fordpass is not responding for an app to tell me the status of my vehicle 20' away and connected to my local network? What the heck is fordpass anyway is it the app that is not responding or some overloaded server that appears too dysfunctional to even activate peoples phones when they get a new car lately?

Paak (both rows) and charging status (pop up and a soc screen that can be refreshed) is all I need and that is between me and the car not some not responding fordpass whatever the heck that is. My network is good the app is not. If I can walk up to the vehicle and it acknowledges that (trunk button works) why can it not acknowledge the phone 20' away when requested? The only thing sleeping and not responding appears to be outside my local network? If that is the case the problem becomes obvious. This app should authenticate itself and be standalone. That security level is close to you dropping your old steel keys and loosing them. Do I not want anyone to see my soc or charging status for security reasons? If you loose your phone or it is hacked contact your dealer just like your credit card. Self help/management thru your login at ford.XXX would be an idea.

This app needs to be standalone phone to car or it will always be useless and can not be trusted. What do you think more probable your phone or ford servers get hacked? I know my answer. I see no added layer of security by being dependent on outside help that does not respond. Put a disclaim on it and let us manage our own in house security would be ideal. All the app does is turn my phone into a local remote control with all the scary security risks that I will accept is the only way I see this working without all these constant complaints. They want the control and soon will charge a subscription for me to remotely manage and see status of what I own? If that happens you will see a lot of us good old boys disappear. Standalone app and take the not responding or our server is sleeping out of the equation!

Rant over ;)
You’re in Canada (based on the flag) so what I’m about to say may not apply. Go ask a knowledgeable Canadian:
You bought the VEHICLE. You have only received a very restricted license to use the software that is part of the vehicle, and the FordPass app, in the way(s) Ford, at their sole discretion, determine the software should be used, and you agreed to the terms of that license (or those licenses) by using the software/vehicle. If Ford has designed the system so that all communications between any two nodes must be routed through the Ford galactic supercomputer in Dearborn, then that’s the way it is.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
... all communications between any two nodes must be routed through the Ford galactic supercomputer in Dearborn...
AHA! Now I know why the EA chargers revert to 34 kw when they don't know what to do: Octal 42 is decimal 34!
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3.29.1 FordPass just released 1631157639404

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
You’re in Canada (based on the flag) so what I’m about to say may not apply. Go ask a knowledgeable Canadian:
You bought the VEHICLE. You have only received a very restricted license to use the software that is part of the vehicle, and the FordPass app, in the way(s) Ford, at their sole discretion, determine the software should be used, and you agreed to the terms of that license (or those licenses) by using the software/vehicle. If Ford has designed the system so that all communications between any two nodes must be routed through the Ford galactic supercomputer in Dearborn, then that’s the way it is.
Yup. The app on the phone links back to the mothership as does the car. Hope its not an IBM Edsel.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Wish they would update the time zone issue (it just keeps going back to Detroit as a timezone) for remote start. Yesterday I put set the car to switch on (for cooling) when I left work. However, at 10 pm my wife said "why is your car lights on". I went outside not remembering what it was about and duly had the car double honk as I locked it again.
Anyway, I have programmed iOS apps and I can't understand why you actually need to have the time zone selectable. This can be picked up from the settings of the phone or the present time zone (or even not mentioning this as a variable means it selects the present time zone).

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got it and at the end of the post you will note If that happens you will see a lot of us good old boys disappear. I can dump this vehicle and buy a better EV when it comes out but thanks for the info. I can say based on the control and function of the app to date that it will not be another Ford. Hardware cost the software that runs it comes with it. Does your ONE fob have remote start? Does your ONE fob have charging status of the vehicle that you bought? You can be as forceful as you want still does not change the fact that the control is not needed or wanted. I researched the vehicle pretty in depth prior to purchase but I was not aware when I bought it that the app was such a phone home piece of crap. You can go on and on about what I signed up for and ya I will not be suing anybody. Screw me once type of attitude.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
I think the “Updated 6 hours ago” on the FordPass home screen won’t change when you refresh with a pull down. This is how long it has been since the car checked in to the Ford server so that won’t change until there is a vehicle event that updates the server.
I'm pretty sure that until 3.29.1 it indicated the last time the app updated the charge status. The update time is probably still accurate but the home page doesn't update charge status like it did, or should.

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Got it and at the end of the post you will note If that happens you will see a lot of us good old boys disappear. I can dump this vehicle and buy a better EV when it comes out but thanks for the info. I can say based on the control and function of the app to date that it will not be another Ford. Hardware cost the software that runs it comes with it. Does your ONE fob have remote start? Does your ONE fob have charging status of the vehicle that you bought? You can be as forceful as you want still does not change the fact that the control is not needed or wanted. I researched the vehicle pretty in depth prior to purchase but I was not aware when I bought it that the app was such a phone home piece of crap. You can go on and on about what I signed up for and ya I will not be suing anybody. Screw me once type of attitude.
I understand where you are coming from, but you’re hard-pressed to buy a product today that doesn’t have embedded, licensed software in it. You wouldn’t believe the number of software licenses I had to agree to in my new TV (and I was glad I had the opportunity to not agree to some of them so I could be sure to keep away from Google and Amazon!) if you find an electric. At without any licensed software, go for it.

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
Wish they would update the time zone issue (it just keeps going back to Detroit as a timezone) for remote start. Yesterday I put set the car to switch on (for cooling) when I left work. However, at 10 pm my wife said "why is your car lights on". I went outside not remembering what it was about and duly had the car double honk as I locked it again.
Where in the app is a timezone picker? Looked everywhere in my iOS app and could not find anything.

All times I have seen in the app communications to and from the server are UTC, the app makes the conversion to local time when display is needed.

[UPDATE] I see there is a new build so time to see what is new.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I understand where you are coming from, but you’re hard-pressed to buy a product today that doesn’t have embedded, licensed software in it. You wouldn’t believe the number of software licenses I had to agree to in my new TV (and I was glad I had the opportunity to not agree to some of them so I could be sure to keep away from Google and Amazon!) if you find an electric. At without any licensed software, go for it.
You can dsim the telemetry out of windows ltsc and have a firewall that is not defaulted to allow. I am looking at my options now to gaining back control of the hardware I own and will most likely give up on what I see offered by ford. It actually says paak will not work if it can not track your activity in the background when you are not using it. It is close and will most likely soon change my wi-fi password and kick it off. Appears based on the status of the ford servers it having a backdoor channel into my network may not be worth it. When it deletes peoples paak and passcodes that relationship becomes understood. Good for sheep but uncomfortable for some.

Not having the software to manage and maintain my vehicle unless they approve that and can track you not only when you do but when you do not use their app is not acceptable to some. This app may be left on one phone and then fired up to remote start and that is it. I will get used to the fob.

You are seeing the last status of the vehicle before ford servers fell asleep and/or allowed it is not something I need to see anymore when in bluetooth range. Control and tracking by companies when not required may be becoming the norm but it does not have to be accepted and/or tolerated by the masses. Server interaction required to maintain and operate what they own when that interaction is not required can be a problem for some. Ford can go down any ethical path they like but not all need to follow. Understand fordpass now and I admit I did not prior to purchase.

PAAK (top row Bluetooth) and charging status when in Bluetooth range is between me and my car and their control of that interaction and approval of when that can take place may not be required. As noted those two would be nice to be standalone or they may never stop the complaints or develop any trust. I am not the first to request that on this forum just maybe explaining it in a different way in hopes of seeing a change. All constructive and I have workarounds so I am good.

Car drives like 90 and love it. Software eh ;) ?
Sponsored