Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
When I traded in my Lightning for the 14 month ordered MME, I thought that I lost my free charge balance of 35kWh.

After 2 months, finally found an EA charger yesterday that was not broken, offline, lines of people waiting, etc...
BTW: that was a miracle on a Saturday at Walmart!

Plugged her into the MME and got the free charge started.

After charging 37kWh and unplugging, Ford connected reported that I have 248 kWh remaining.
So only 2kWh was used from my MME free charge allotment.
👏

Ford was able to "remember" my previous charge balance and apply it to my MME. :)

Nice way to charge for free and then some!👍

Ford Mustang Mach-E 35kWh remaining from Lightning free charging transferred over to my new MME IMG_EFADEC79E86E-1
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same happened to me when I sold my Premium. The free charge balance on that car was added to my GT when I got it. It was around 200kWh because I mainly charge at home. I had around 450kWh and 2 1/2 years later I just used it up a month ago.

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Same happened to me when I sold my Premium. The free charge balance on that car was added to my GT when I got it. It was around 200kWh because I mainly charge at home. I had around 450kWh and 2 1/2 years later I just used it up a month ago.
Amazing!

Nice of Ford to "connect" free charging credit between EVs...

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Free charging is tied to the VIN of the vehicle. It doesn't transfer. Did you look at the balance before you charged?

I sold my First Edition that had 86kwh remaining, and I didn't get it on my GT, and confirmed with a contact at Ford that the balance is tied to the VIN.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Free charging is tied to the VIN of the vehicle. It doesn't transfer. Did you look at the balance before you charged?

I sold my First Edition that had 86kwh remaining, and I didn't get it on my GT, and confirmed with a contact at Ford that the balance is tied to the VIN.
I don’t know what to say except that was not my experience. I wish I had a screenshot of my free charging kWh which went from 250 when I bought my GT to close to 450 after I sold my premium. Also the person who bought my premium is a friend of mine and he did not receive any free charging. He also has never been able to activate plug in charge since the car had been previously owned. This all happened in 2021. Maybe it was different then, I don’t know but I recently just finished using those free 450kWh of charging.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
A year ago I called Ford through the FordPass app and asked whether or not I'd be able to keep the unused 250KW credit when I traded-in my 2021 MME for a 2022. I was told that I wouldn't; the credit goes to the car rather than the customer. They were right... I didn't get it.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
are you sure you didn't just get a free session from EA? That's pretty common.

Also, this reminds me I've got like 23kwh I gotta use before Sept. 21st hmm, maybe I'll try out the brand new EA station here.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Hehe, amateurs. I got the previous owners balance of 250kW as well as mine 250kW.
Feb22nd Theirs expired. It took until April20th for mine to become active but then they combined them for me.

Energy: 23.992 kWh
Session fee*: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
TOTAL: $0.00
Total kWh Used: 23.992 kWh
New Balance: 477.00 kWh​

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
are you sure you didn't just get a free session from EA? That's pretty common.

Also, this reminds me I've got like 23kwh I gotta use before Sept. 21st hmm, maybe I'll try out the brand new EA station here.
I don't think so - charged 37kWh and deducted 2 kWh from my free allotment.

I knew I had 35kWh free charging left over from my '22 Lightning I traded in 2 months ago...

Email from Ford Connected services says I used up only 2 kWh:

Ford Mustang Mach-E 35kWh remaining from Lightning free charging transferred over to my new MME Screen Shot 2023-08-14 at 8.59.45 AM
Sponsored