First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yeah I think this is because Apple never optimized CarPlay for this large a screen. It was originally made for much smaller car screens. Hopefully as Apple expands their CarPlay rollout to more screens they will address how it looks on larger screens as well. I reported this as a bug to Apple when Ford rolled it out.
Yes but Doug Field... two years... engineering is easy magic sauce... etc.

🤣🤣
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Were there any improvements to Apple Car Play connectivity reliability or is this v4.1.2 simply a UI makeover?
Carplay has exhibited no improvement of note since I received the update. Perhaps marginally better.

JP93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Might need to just take it for a drive so it can download and install
Yeah I've driven it plenty of times since the message popped up saying it was available. Probably over a month now of it saying it in my app that the update is ready, but says my vehicle is up to date when I check on my screen in the car.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Yeah I've driven it plenty of times since the message popped up saying it was available. Probably over a month now of it saying it in my app that the update is ready, but says my vehicle is up to date when I check on my screen in the car.
Did you do a reset of the screen?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
No I did not, how would I go about doing so?
Hold “next track” button on steering wheel while pushing “volume down” on steering wheel at the same time for 10 seconds and the screen will reboot

JP93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Hold “next track” button on steering wheel while pushing “volume down” on steering wheel at the same time for 10 seconds and the screen will reboot
Just tried, still saying my system is up to date. No clue why my ford app would show a specific update is available yet won't download when in my vehicle.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
The reason tire pressure is important to some of us is because we live in areas where weather changes rapidly, or are driving long distances. Tire pressures greatly affect handling and fuel economy.

It's also nice to be able to quickly see during a drive if the pressures line up with what you set it. Needing to tap something on a screen while driving just to see it, then tap again to go back to the previous screen is a needless distraction.

I can see that memory requirements might increase if Ford were to maintain the choices, but I'd hope they weren't riding so closely to the margins that they'd have to cull a UI option.
TPMS issue seems way overblown. It is not even a super accurate measurement. It is more of an indication and you will already have a low tire pressure warning.

jojykk28

First Name
jojy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Red AWD SR
Country flag
How can I get the 4.1.2 OTA update early? I am currently on 3.5.4. is there any way of requesting for it?

2023-01-06_22-47-43_780.jpeg

2023-01-06_22-52-25_779.jpeg

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think Ford made some of the changes because of the implementation on the Ford Lightning. There have been lots of reports of Lightnings thinking they were a SUV with Mach E icon in the top left corner.

I like the new interface as it looks a lot sharper to me where they are now using the full resolution of the screen.

I rented a Ford Edge this weekend and its new center stack looks really familiar.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4.1.2 OTA pushes to Early Access Mach-E owners CF4BF903-5654-443F-807E-DB663E63AD85

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
How can I get the 4.1.2 OTA update early? I am currently on 3.5.4. is there any way of requesting for it?
Nope. It’s queued by ford on the ford side by some pattern only ford knows.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
No offense, but that seems a little obsessive. Been driving over 45 years. I check my tire pressure every month, and top off or bleed depending on the need. Adjusting of tire pressure during a trip is totally unnecessary as warm tire temps are above 39, and whether they are 42 or 43 isn't going to matter a hoot.

Mine were 38 the other day on my monthly check. As it was 60 degrees, and I knew it was going to be 30s and below the next day (as is the norm), I raised all 4 to 40, knowing that today they'd be 39. Just got back from a multi-stop shopping trip an hour ago, and they're all showing 41, which will be 39 when cold.

I won't look again until first Saturday in Feburary.
TPMS issue seems way overblown. It is not even a super accurate measurement. It is more of an indication and you will already have a low tire pressure warning.
Great, you guys are free to not look at it, and leave the rest of us who do want to look at it alone? Do you also like the fact that Ford is the only EV manufacturer who is very afraid of telling us charging speeds, or give us any indication of instantaneous power draw? More data is better, not worse. If you don't like it - there (was) an option to turn it off! Magical, isn't it?

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great, you guys are free to not look at it, and leave the rest of us who do want to look at it alone? Do you also like the fact that Ford is the only EV manufacturer who is very afraid of telling us charging speeds, or give us any indication of instantaneous power draw? More data is better, not worse. If you don't like it - there (was) an option to turn it off! Magical, isn't it?
Then can everyone stop bringing it up?
Sponsored