KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Just got 4.1.1 a few moments ago - received 3.6.2 on Tuesday.

I used the touchscreen frunk button today for the first time -- maybe that's what did it. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

junb1

First Name
Eufemio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Volvo XC90
Country flag
I received the update as well (non-EA). It initially did not display the dark mode correctly (the menu bars and area around them temp had a white background) but it did change overnight. Over all it is a nice refresh, but I do miss the ability to adjust the size of the screen.

Peyole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Dark Matter Gray Mach-E
Country flag
I received the update as well (non-EA). It initially did not display the dark mode correctly (the menu bars and area around them temp had a white background) but it did change overnight. Over all it is a nice refresh, but I do miss the ability to adjust the size of the screen.
Non early access as well and got it yesterday with the Ford representative procedure of using parking break, opening door, hitting lock button, then closing door. Got 4.1.1 on Monday before 4.1.2 yesterday. There are a few things I miss with the smaller tiles such as the timer on the trip meter, but I noticed that CarPlay no longer shows the actively playing media in the small tile. There is also a UI inconsistency where the designers forgot to update the tire pressure tile to the new colored circles as seen in the photo. Other changes I noticed is the HVAC screen no longer has the “E-HEAT” button and now simply says Heater. And changing Unbridled to Unbridle on drive mode is definitely a head scratcher to me, and they changed the description if you hit the “i” button.

1.jpg

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I'm only reporting for completeness, in case it means something to Ford software developers:
After the update, the first time I went to watch YouTube, when I adjusted the volume from screen knob or steering wheel, the radial volume overlay around the screen knob did not show up, no matter how many times I adjusted volume. However, every time I've tried YouTube over the next few days, the volume overlay worked fine. I didn't try the other knob controls at that original attempt.

(In my company, we have a policy to record all aberrant behavior, even if you only see it once.)
I noticed two more places where the radial volume overlay failed to appear around the knob when adjusting the volume yesterday. One was when I took a Microsoft Teams meeting. During the meeting, I could adjust the volume with the knob or steering wheel controls, but the new dynamic overlay did not appear. The second was the exact same issue, but it was with a Google Meeting.

Didn't bother me, but again, just reporting for completeness.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Non early access as well and got it yesterday with the Ford representative procedure of using parking break, opening door, hitting lock button, then closing door. Got 4.1.1 on Monday before 4.1.2 yesterday. There are a few things I miss with the smaller tiles such as the timer on the trip meter, but I noticed that CarPlay no longer shows the actively playing media in the small tile. There is also a UI inconsistency where the designers forgot to update the tire pressure tile to the new colored circles as seen in the photo. Other changes I noticed is the HVAC screen no longer has the “E-HEAT” button and now simply says Heater. And changing Unbridled to Unbridle on drive mode is definitely a head scratcher to me, and they changed the description if you hit the “i” button.

1.jpg
You probably didn't need to do all that, you already had the update queued and received 4.1.1 successfully, so doubtful you needed to tweak any conditions to make sure you got 4.1.2.

On a side note, howdy fellow Newport Beach MME owner!

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Have any late '22 builds received update yet?
Not yet, but my late '22 GT has received updates three days in a row. Currently at 3.5.3.3, so I still have a few to go, but if this pace keeps up maybe I'll get it next week.

Glad to see Ford pick up the pace here. Looks like they want to get everyone on the new interface ASAP. Hopefully this will start a new trend of keeping all cars more or less at the latest version (with EA getting earlier for testing).

Last edited:

Greddy1

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Grabber Blue First Editio
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
If I could get the OTAs 3.6.1 and 3.6.2 and 4.1.1...... then I'd be more excited about 4.1.2 going out again.

This puts me 4 OTA's behind...sigh.
I found that some of these updates need to be done at the dealership in order for OTA to function properly

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
Got update 4.1.2 today (1/11 - 2 days after 4.1.1). Not EA (Job 1 May 2021 build).

Think I'm going to get some of those 5Spur knob covers given all the use they'll get now 😉
Similar timeline to yours. Got 4.1.1 on Tuesday and today got 4.1.2. Job 1 April 2021 build.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
This is a really long thread so this may have been mentioned several times, anyone else wish they'd replace the circular settings icon with the old Mach E icon?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This is a really long thread so this may have been mentioned several times, anyone else wish they'd replace the circular settings icon with the old Mach E icon?
It's been talked about in various locations here. The most common request along those lines is that the home button should be a mach-e icon. Separating the settings out was a smart idea.
Sponsored