tigers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
Thats exactly what it is! Two big red plastic things up in there as they forgot to remove the spring chocks same as this thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/suspension-chocks-left-in.8572/
I’m 99% sure that is the source of the noise— sounds awful when turning and just hope it didn’t damage anything.

Oh God that's the same trim I have 😣. Very sorry for your issues. Make sure there aren't any shipping protection pieces still on the car. I read in an old thread that a dealer had forgot to remove padding of some sort that was used to protect the shocks during transit. Caused the owner similar issues.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PicoR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium 4X
Country flag
Took delivery today. Unfortunately there seems to be an issue whereby if I turn sharply to the right I get this awful clunking sound and there’s odd squeaks from the dashboard as well when making sharp turns. Also wind noise from the drivers window and phone as a key simply refuses to setup. Sigh. Nine months waiting and this kind of money and I am very disappointed. Back to the dealer tomorrow.
I've wondered if the
Thats exactly what it is! Two big red plastic things up in there as they forgot to remove the spring chocks same as this thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/suspension-chocks-left-in.8572/
I’m 99% sure that is the source of the noise— sounds awful when turning and just hope it didn’t damage anything.
Definitely take it back and tell the dealer to go over the PDI check from scratch

OBXpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e CR1
Country flag
Congrats! Keep us posted on price and dealer experience.

I'm kind of worried why my early September ordered PREM 4X estimate is "late" for a delivery to the Atlanta area.
You should be able to get 2k back for customer cash, Edmunds lists it as an incentive.

Have them run your vin through a smart VINcent report.
Thank you so much for this info! I went to my dealership this morning to get the cash price and asked them to run the smart VINcent report — $2K incentive applied! My vehicle delivery window changed to today to the 26th so hoping it will be in by next weekend.

tigers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
Took the car back to the dealer today and they removed those red shipping chocks from the springs and everything works great now. Ride is better and no more squeaking and thumping from the front end.

OBXpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e CR1
Country flag
Took the car back to the dealer today and they removed those red shipping chocks from the springs and everything works great now. Ride is better and no more squeaking and thumping from the front end.
Great- glad it was not a problem with the vehicle!

tigers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
And here she is. Tomorrow, I think I'll apply ceramic coating if the weather holds out. We live sort of in the sticks on a private gravel road so dirt and dust are a way of life around here.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/3/2023 Build Week Thread IMG_3310

Random Observations thus far (after the dealer removed the shipping chocks from the front springs!):

- UI is more responsive than I expected. I had read of some complaints about a laggy UI and while it's not iPad or iPhone level smooth, it's pretty good--far better than any previous car I've had.

- PaaK refused to setup and just instantly throws an error about not being able to contact the servers. Resets, reinstalling the app, etc. had no effect. I can live without it, but it'd be nice to have since it's supposed to be there.

- Ride is good. We live in the mountains of NC so switchbacks and twisty roads are common here and the Mach E handles it well.

- Interior fit and finish is excellent and the seats are very nice. I have not sat in the back yet so unknown how those feel but we are empty nesters so unlikely to often have people back there.

- Only briefly tried a fast charger (Shell Recharge on the Cherokee Reservation) and got ~60kw. Process went smoothly once I got the app setup on my phone. All I had to do was plug in and open the app to scan the QR code on the charger. And it only took about 30 seconds for somebody to walk up and start asking about the car! There was also another Mach E there charging too.

- The "Propulsion Sound" setting is so subtle that it's neigh impossible to detect except on Unbridled mode. And even there it's still pretty quiet. Personally, I prefer as little noise from car as possible so I keep it toggled off anyway. Of course, if I could change the sound to a Jetson's UFO then I'd never turn it off!

- So far, whisper mode feels like my favorite mode of the three.

- The adaptive cruise works very well but haven't had a chance to try out BlueCruise since the nearest interstate for that is about 75 minutes from here.

- Power from the car is amazing. I especially like that there are no shifting gears and if you set a speed in cruise it just stays glued to it (as long as nobody slows down in front of you!)

- Sound system (B&O) sounds great to us but we're not audiophiles nor do we need the whole county to be able to hear our music.

- The UI is pretty but I feel like the various settings could be better organized. I'd love to be able to customize the "tiles" that sit below the map.

- Ambient lighting is cool and gives a kind of “living in the future” vibe.

- The styling of the car is amazing--we just love it. One person thought it was a Porsche!

- Ours was the first Mach E our dealer had sold. They said they'd sold a number of Lightnings though.

- Bought a Tesla to J1772 adapter and put it in the trunk just in case.

tigers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
I suspect this thread will probably dwindle in activity as we all get our cars, but I just wanted to put this last bit of info out there in case others find it useful. It looks like Ford has definitely ramped up capacity and Order -> Shipping is happening much quicker now but not sure what they can do about shipping times.

I kept a bunch of notes throughout the process and below are the key dates I have recorded. Shipping was ~6 weeks and I have no idea why my dealer took two weeks to "Accept" the order since they called me within probably 10 minutes of me placing it!

8-31-22: Ordered via ford.com
9-15-22: Dealer confirmed order was accepted
1-19-23: Notified that build week is 3-20-23
2-23-23: Notified that build week is now 4-3-23
3-30-23: Window sticker available
4-12-23: Module info populated
4-13-23: Order status changed to "Built"
4-14-23: Estimated delivery of 5-23-23 - 6-5-23
4-16-23: Vehicle on train located in Lecheria, MX
4-24-23: Vehicle in Laredo
4-28-23: Vehicle in KC
5-5-23: Vehicle in Hapeville, GA
5-18-23: Vehicle arrived at dealer
5-19-23: Vehicle delivered!

Total time from Order to Delivery was 37 weeks 3 days.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
First thing I'm going to check before I drive off the lot? Look for red chocks!

OBXpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e CR1
Country flag
And here she is. Tomorrow, I think I'll apply ceramic coating if the weather holds out. We live sort of in the sticks on a private gravel road so dirt and dust are a way of life around here.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/3/2023 Build Week Thread IMG_3310

Random Observations thus far (after the dealer removed the shipping chocks from the front springs!):

- UI is more responsive than I expected. I had read of some complaints about a laggy UI and while it's not iPad or iPhone level smooth, it's pretty good--far better than any previous car I've had.

- PaaK refused to setup and just instantly throws an error about not being able to contact the servers. Resets, reinstalling the app, etc. had no effect. I can live without it, but it'd be nice to have since it's supposed to be there.

- Ride is good. We live in the mountains of NC so switchbacks and twisty roads are common here and the Mach E handles it well.

- Interior fit and finish is excellent and the seats are very nice. I have not sat in the back yet so unknown how those feel but we are empty nesters so unlikely to often have people back there.

- Only briefly tried a fast charger (Shell Recharge on the Cherokee Reservation) and got ~60kw. Process went smoothly once I got the app setup on my phone. All I had to do was plug in and open the app to scan the QR code on the charger. And it only took about 30 seconds for somebody to walk up and start asking about the car! There was also another Mach E there charging too.

- The "Propulsion Sound" setting is so subtle that it's neigh impossible to detect except on Unbridled mode. And even there it's still pretty quiet. Personally, I prefer as little noise from car as possible so I keep it toggled off anyway. Of course, if I could change the sound to a Jetson's UFO then I'd never turn it off!

- So far, whisper mode feels like my favorite mode of the three.

- The adaptive cruise works very well but haven't had a chance to try out BlueCruise since the nearest interstate for that is about 75 minutes from here.

- Power from the car is amazing. I especially like that there are no shifting gears and if you set a speed in cruise it just stays glued to it (as long as nobody slows down in front of you!)

- Sound system (B&O) sounds great to us but we're not audiophiles nor do we need the whole county to be able to hear our music.

- The UI is pretty but I feel like the various settings could be better organized. I'd love to be able to customize the "tiles" that sit below the map.

- Ambient lighting is cool and gives a kind of “living in the future” vibe.

- The styling of the car is amazing--we just love it. One person thought it was a Porsche!

- Ours was the first Mach E our dealer had sold. They said they'd sold a number of Lightnings though.

- Bought a Tesla to J1772 adapter and put it in the trunk just in case.
Congratulations! Thanks for this helpful info. My husband and and I are anxiously waiting for mine to be delivered this week. We have had the Grizzl-e installed since before Christmas.

tigers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
Ha, we installed a Jukebox back in February and now that the car is here I can't use it because we are having some landscape work work done and the whole driveway is completely blocked off. On the flip side, DC fast charging is pretty seamless with Shell (nearest one to here). First world problems!

Congratulations! Thanks for this helpful info. My husband and and I are anxiously waiting for mine to be delivered this week. We have had the Grizzl-e installed since before Christmas.

PicoR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium 4X
Country flag
Ha, we installed a Jukebox back in February and now that the car is here I can't use it because we are having some landscape work work done and the whole driveway is completely blocked off. On the flip side, DC fast charging is pretty seamless with Shell (nearest one to here). First world problems!
Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/3/2023 Build Week Thread IMG_5977

Ours has been patiently waiting since March. I’ve been tempted to offer a free charge session just to make sure it works.

tigers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
The 91 octane is great. Gives me the idea to print an electron cloud sticker and put it on ours, lol.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4/3/2023 Build Week Thread IMG_5977

Ours has been patiently waiting since March. I’ve been tempted to offer a free charge session just to make sure it works.

tigers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
Landscapers cleared out some room in the driveway for us so I plugged in at home for the first time tonight. We have a Juicebox and it "just worked". The only thing necessary was to tell the car that it was "Home" and to set the max charge and we chose 90%.

One thing I have found is that even though the car is connected to wi-fi, the Ford Pass app will not update unless it has cell service but unfortunately, we simply can't get cell service at our house with AT&T. Weird that even though the car is connected to wi-fi that it still wants to use cell data to send updates. I guess our fiber internet ain't good enough!

PicoR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium 4X
Country flag
I suspect this thread will probably dwindle in activity as we all get our cars, but I just wanted to put this last bit of info out there in case others find it useful. It looks like Ford has definitely ramped up capacity and Order -> Shipping is happening much quicker now but not sure what they can do about shipping times.

I kept a bunch of notes throughout the process and below are the key dates I have recorded. Shipping was ~6 weeks and I have no idea why my dealer took two weeks to "Accept" the order since they called me within probably 10 minutes of me placing it!

8-31-22: Ordered via ford.com
9-15-22: Dealer confirmed order was accepted
1-19-23: Notified that build week is 3-20-23
2-23-23: Notified that build week is now 4-3-23
3-30-23: Window sticker available
4-12-23: Module info populated
4-13-23: Order status changed to "Built"
4-14-23: Estimated delivery of 5-23-23 - 6-5-23
4-16-23: Vehicle on train located in Lecheria, MX
4-24-23: Vehicle in Laredo
4-28-23: Vehicle in KC
5-5-23: Vehicle in Hapeville, GA
5-18-23: Vehicle arrived at dealer
5-19-23: Vehicle delivered!

Total time from Order to Delivery was 37 weeks 3 days.
Premium 4x
9-07-22 Order Confirmed
4-06-23 Built
4-08-23 Shipped
5-05-23 Arrived Hapeville, GA Distribution Lot

5-05 to 5-18 Original Estimate
5-18 to 5-30 Second Estimate
6-3 to 6-16 Current Estimate
Sponsored