90% fast charging software update?

wattup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, AWD, ER
Country flag
Hello,

Any leads on how to get the update that enables fast charging up to 90% ?

Do I have to reach out to my local Ford dealership?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
What is the build date of your car? If it is 9/30/2021 or earlier, you can get 21P22 completed at the dealer which provides the fast charging update among other quality of life improvements. If it is after that, you'll have to call your dealer and see if they'd be willing to do them for you for free, which most won't or you can pay them, but that can be pricy!

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...gram-21p22-software-calibration-update.11677/

OP
OP
wattup

wattup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, AWD, ER
Country flag
Thanks for the update! How do I get to know my build date?

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
What is the build date of your car? If it is 9/30/2021 or earlier, you can get 21P22 completed at the dealer which provides the fast charging update among other quality of life improvements. If it is after that, you'll have to call your dealer and see if they'd be willing to do them for you for free, which most won't or you can pay them, but that can be pricy!
I don't understand this policy. So they don't want to update newer production cars but they'll update older ones? I wish I had know this when I bought the car.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I don't understand this policy. So they don't want to update newer production cars but they'll update older ones? I wish I had know this when I bought the car.
Your guess is as good as mine. They really need to just get all cars on the same software version so they can just do OTAs for all cars at the same time. It seems like with BC going out to Job 1 cars, they're getting close, but now Job 1 cars have more features than Job 2, so hopefully they next get Job 2s up to level with Job 1s and then subsequently get 2021s up to 2022s!

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
Because the newer ones are up to date far more than the older ones. Job 1 should take priority.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
How can you have been on the forum since Jan 2020 and not have seen this answer many times?

They're updating cars produced through 9/30/21. Then they'll add the last quarter. Of course now the recall update may take precedence, who knows.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I'm not entirely sure that now would be the time I'd want Ford to increase the DCFC charge rate...
"Direct Current (“DC”) fast charging and repeated wide open pedal events can cause the high voltage battery main contactors to overheat. Overheating may lead to arcing and deformation of the electrical contact surfaces, which can result in a contactor that remains open or a contactor that welds closed."

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not entirely sure that now would be the time I'd want Ford to increase the DCFC charge rate...
Updated 80%-90% charging rate is only 35kW. Up from about 12?
This is quite low comparing to top 120-150 kW charging rate at 10% SOC

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Updated 80%-90% charging rate is only 35kW. Up from about 12?
This is quite low comparing to top 120-150 kW charging rate at 10% SOC
Actually, it's more like 44kW. Then 34 at 90%.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"Direct Current (“DC”) fast charging and repeated wide open pedal events can cause the high voltage battery main contactors to overheat. Overheating may lead to arcing and deformation of the electrical contact surfaces, which can result in a contactor that remains open or a contactor that welds closed."
I'm skeptical about DCFC alone being enough to cause the problem. My guess is it's mostly from people flooring it to run max power through the contactors.

I know it's just one anecdotal example, but I've DCFC'd over 60 times. Some of those in 100F temps, then getting right back on the interstate at 80 MPH. Never experience the problem. But I also treat the car like a family car rather than a sports car. I accelerate at a normal pace. I don't floor it (or even come close) when turning onto the on-ramps. FWIW.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm skeptical about DCFC alone being enough to cause the problem. My guess is it's mostly from people flooring it to run max power through the contactors.

I know it's just one anecdotal example, but I've DCFC'd over 60 times. Some of those in 100F temps, then getting right back on the interstate at 80 MPH. Never experience the problem. But I also treat the car like a family car rather than a sports car. I accelerate at a normal pace. I don't floor it (or even come close) when turning onto the on-ramps. FWIW.
Defect rate so far is less than 1%.
One or even multiple of anecdotal examples isn't enough to say that is not the issue.