RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
My OTA software updates worked fine, but the latest started failing:

"We recently tried to install a Ford Power-Up software update for your 2022 Mustang Mach-E but were unsuccessful"

The car is parked the parking brake is set, doors are closed, etc. I can trigger the update to start manually. Then it counts down but eventually fails, always. I brought it in for service at the dealer. They replaced the 12V battery and claimed it would all be fine and dandy after that. It isn't. Now every time I start the car I get the annoying message that the update failed and should try again.

I wonder what condition is not met. The 12V battery SoC is 88%, the car is parked and locked, and it can access WiFi and AT&T.
Sponsored

tnd78

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 RAV4 EV
Country flag
I was seeing this same problem for the past few days - daily warnings of a failed update after OTA previously worked fine. I happened to remember that late last week, I had connected to a public wifi network. When I pulled into my garage tonight, I went to the Connectivity screen and manually connected to my home wifi network. After that, I went into Software Update, tapped "Update Now", and it updated successfully. Just a hunch, but some software may be losing track of which network to connect after using public wifi. IIRC, last week was the first time I tried the public wifi feature.

Crafty42

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I woke up today to a message saying I had an update. Checking out what the update was for (4.2.2 I think), it said it added the parking lot game and the camera icon to the main screen. Thing is, I already had both of those?

redditn00b92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E CR1
Country flag
Does anyone know how OTAs will resume after installing updates via FDRS? I "caught" my MME up after getting a new APIM, but how does the ford server know what OTA to send me next if I am mid power up in terms of module installation, order, etc?

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
My OTA software updates worked fine, but the latest started failing:

"We recently tried to install a Ford Power-Up software update for your 2022 Mustang Mach-E but were unsuccessful"

The car is parked the parking brake is set, doors are closed, etc. I can trigger the update to start manually. Then it counts down but eventually fails, always. I brought it in for service at the dealer. They replaced the 12V battery and claimed it would all be fine and dandy after that. It isn't. Now every time I start the car I get the annoying message that the update failed and should try again.

I wonder what condition is not met. The 12V battery SoC is 88%, the car is parked and locked, and it can access WiFi and AT&T.
Any update? I took mine to the dealer for this issue, and so far they've replaced the Gateway Module, verified the 12V battery health, and are going back and forth with the Ford engineers. Still no luck.
Sponsored