First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Country flag
I'm new to this side of the world.
Does the salesperson get screwed if I use X-plan? Do they lose part or all of their commission? Or is Ford Corporate taking all of the hit?
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Does the salesperson get screwed if I use X-plan? Do they lose part or all of their commission? Or is Ford Corporate taking all of the hit?
I dont know for sure but I would not think the sales person is effected. Its no different than on other vehicles when the dealership offers several thousands in discounts. The X plan is just a small discount in the big picture and it does not allow them to increase price via Additional markup.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Don't worry, the dealer gets a commission from Ford on plan pricing deals.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My dad used to be a Ford salesperson.

In a strange way, I think x-plan actually benefits them. Compared to someone without x-plan, you are more likely to complete the sale, require less of their time, and be happy enough with the experience to award them 10-star feedback surveys. Those are all very important to the salesperson's income.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
If it is a ford deal then ford reimburse the dealer. however the amount of actual profit in a new car is in the $1500.00 range. Salesman gets paid the right amount. Also dealerships pay interest on cars that are in their inventory. In the case of the MME there is no inventory so there is no interest paid by the dealer. In short the profit line is higher. I am also willing to be that since these sales are essentially being gifted to the dealer the salesperson makes the same money on this car regardless of the price.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Looks like the $2500 incentive has been extended until the end of March.
Is the incentive for the Ford options only or also for financing also?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is the incentive for the Ford options only or also for financing also?
Only if you do Ford Options. But you should do the math because it will likely make more sense to do Options instead of financing, even with the higher interest rate.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Only if you do Ford Options. But you should do the math because it will likely make more sense to do Options instead of financing, even with the higher interest rate.
Yea, the $2500 incentive is a big carrot. Plan on using it but paying it off at the minimum term so as to not screw the dealer too much. With Ford lowering the price, A-plan, tax credits...might get this baby at the $38k range instead of the original < $45k I was expecting.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
"$2500 Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing"
Not just Ford Options. You can finance/buy through Ford Credit as well.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Last edited:

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
"$2500 Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing"
Not just Ford Options. You can finance/buy through Ford Credit as well.
This is incorrect. The $2,500 or $1,000 incentive is only for Ford Options through Ford Credit.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dumb-incentives-question.1505/post-81471
@Scarpia, you're new here...before you respond to @hybrid2bev 's post. Would just say...listen to @hybrid2bev . He is one of the few Ford insider that has a track record of being correct and provides simple facts. Oh, welcome :)

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
This is incorrect. The $2,500 or $1,000 incentive is only for Ford Options through Ford Credit.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dumb-incentives-question.1505/post-81471
@Scarpia, you're new here...before you respond to @hybrid2bev 's post. Would just say...listen to @hybrid2bev . He is one of the few Ford insider that has a track record of being correct and provides simple facts. Oh, welcome :)
Thanks for the welcome, @mamejunkie.
My interpretation is based on the XPlan pricing, which states (as I said above) "$2500 Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing". It doesn't say only Ford Options.
I also searched inventory and found some Mach E's in stock (although they are technically still "in transit"). If one clicks on "Estimate your payment", you are taken to a screen where you can choose the "Finance" or "Lease" tab. Choosing Finance, I was presented with this window:
Ford Mustang Mach-E A, Z, X plan discount pricing for Mach-E Finance Incentive

The $2500 incentive is clearly available.
So, my interpretation could be wrong, Ford could be putting out conflicting information, whatever. Not looking to pick a fight, just giving info as I have found it.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Thanks for the welcome, @mamejunkie.
My interpretation is based on the XPlan pricing, which states (as I said above) "$2500 Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing". It doesn't say only Ford Options.
I also searched inventory and found some Mach E's in stock (although they are technically still "in transit"). If one clicks on "Estimate your payment", you are taken to a screen where you can choose the "Finance" or "Lease" tab. Choosing Finance, I was presented with this window:
Finance Incentive.jpg

The $2500 incentive is clearly available.
So, my interpretation could be wrong, Ford could be putting out conflicting information, whatever. Not looking to pick a fight, just giving info as I have found it.
You need to check the x-plan site again. Clicking on the trim gives you the detail needed. And while the sentence quoted ("$2500 Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing") is true, it’s clearly located under the header clearly stating “Ford Options”

Ford Mustang Mach-E A, Z, X plan discount pricing for Mach-E 749908D0-752F-4DD2-9910-42EFFC2DABA9
Sponsored