malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Yes, but it is clearly showing up under financing offers with a rate of 0.9% and 2500 cash on the Ford website. Things may have changed with the new programs today.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yes, but it is clearly showing up under financing offers with a rate of 0.9% and 2500 cash on the Ford website. Things may have changed with the new programs today.
They did not. Again, listen to @hybrid2bev. The incentives are only on Ford options.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks for the welcome, @mamejunkie.
My interpretation is based on the XPlan pricing, which states (as I said above) "$2500 Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing". It doesn't say only Ford Options.
I also searched inventory and found some Mach E's in stock (although they are technically still "in transit"). If one clicks on "Estimate your payment", you are taken to a screen where you can choose the "Finance" or "Lease" tab. Choosing Finance, I was presented with this window:
Finance Incentive.jpg

The $2500 incentive is clearly available.
So, my interpretation could be wrong, Ford could be putting out conflicting information, whatever. Not looking to pick a fight, just giving info as I have found it.
I ran into the same thing. There seems to be conflicting information on parts of the site or, at least, language that appears to be in conflict. I raised this in the incentives thread:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dumb-incentives-question.1505/post-81426

The unfortunate news is no, there are no incentives other than Ford Credit Bonus Cash that is only available if you go with Ford Options.

I recommend you find your incentives detail page. It will look like this the one attached. To find it you can go to the X-plan page like this one for your zip code:
Ford Mustang Mach-E A, Z, X plan discount pricing for Mach-E X-Plan 2021-01-05 at 9.34.05 AM

Click on your Trim package and you will get the attached incentives sheet for your zip code.

Important note: on these matters listen to @hybrid2bev. He knows of what he speaks.

Attachments

Blue PonyE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Montana, 2016 Leaf, 2021 First Edition
Country flag
I just checked on the X-Plan and noticed that the First Edition is not listed under the trim column. I'm hoping that is because the First Edition is an accessory group to the Premium. Any insight?

Ford Mustang Mach-E A, Z, X plan discount pricing for Mach-E 1610079280196

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I just checked on the X-Plan and noticed that the First Edition is not listed under the trim column. I'm hoping that is because the First Edition is an accessory group to the Premium. Any insight?

Ford Mustang Mach-E A, Z, X plan discount pricing for Mach-E 1610079280196
First Edition is an option package on the Premium trim.

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E 4X, '17 Outback, '10 Jetta, '01 Beetle
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I did the same thing on the Check your Payments too before the old offers expired.

The Loan tab offers subsidized rates of 0.9 for 24-48 months (I think) and 1.9 for 60 months. And a $2500 incentive.

This is either different from the Options incentive on the X-plan page or it's a....lie?

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This is exactly how the Ford website calculates it as well (if you start to order a new MME and look at current financing).
That‘s not what I see on the Ford website. If I choose Ford Options, it shows an incentive of $2500. If I choose Finance, it shows an incentive of $0.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
That’s what I was trying to say as well. No $ for finance only options.
Ford Options gets the $2500 and not RCL. Does anyone know how the return works should you decide not to keep or own after the final regular payment? Do you wind up paying more if the value is less than the final ballon payment?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Ford Options gets the $2500 and not RCL. Does anyone know how the return works should you decide not to keep or own after the final regular payment? Do you wind up paying more if the value is less than the final ballon payment?
Paging @hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
No. You can return the car in lieu of paying the balloon payment.
@machefan

That is correct.

If the vehicles value is less than your balloon you can return the vehicle to Ford Credit and only be responsible for excessive miles/wear and disposal fee. Plus any unpaid payments/late charges.

If the vehicle is worth more than your balloon you can trade it in or you could pay off / refinance the balloon.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
@machefan

That is correct.

If the vehicles value is less than your balloon you can return the vehicle to Ford Credit and only be responsible for excessive miles/wear and disposal fee. Plus any unpaid payments/late charges.

If the vehicle is worth more than your balloon you can trade it in or you could pay off / refinance the balloon.
Thanks!

Any downsides to the Ford Option?

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Any downsides to the Ford Option?
This is a hard question for @hybrid2bev because he has institutional reasons why he doesn't want to be seen as giving advice.

The short answer is that, while there is always a downside to everything -- Ford Options included -- and a lot depends on personal circumstances, Ford Options checks a lot of boxes. Here are some quick comparisons:

Compared to straight financing you pay a higher interest rate and may have to refinance if you decide to keep the vehicle. On the other hand you have the option to bail if you don't like the vehicle, you get a lower price, and you have lower monthly payments. For most people: Advantage Ford Options.

Compared to leasing you likely have to pay sales tax on the residual but you get a discount on the price, a much more attractive buyout price, and a much lower interest rate. For most people: Big Advantage Ford Options.

Compared to a cash buy it's better. Just take the incentive and then buy it without a prepayment penalty. For probably everyone: Clearly Ford Options.
Sponsored