machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Yes and put Mach E in the notes. It's an automated process that delivers your pin right away.
Yep did this last night. I didn’t put the mustang because I left it on SUV but no selection. Got my PIN emailed to me as confirmation so I’m good now. Thanks!

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Got my Mustang Club of America member card in the mail today, also went ahead and generated a PIN and saved the e-mail/print out.

Going to be hard holding on to all of this and waiting 5-6 months...

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
When do you submit your plan, during the online order or on delivery day?

dcacosta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
When do you submit your plan, during the online order or on delivery day?
The site didn't have an option to provide the PIN during the ordering process for me. I have read on here that you will need to provide the pin once you take delivery of the car.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Here’s info on what the AZX plans will likely look like for the Mach-E:

via CarsDirect:

Ford Plan Pricing refers to haggle-free savings reserved for Ford employees & retirees, affiliated organizations, and friends & family. Unlike other Ford vehicles, the Mach-E's unique pricing structure requires a slightly different discount calculation.

Here's what Plan Pricing for the Mach-E looks like, according to a bulletin sent to dealers:

A-Plan (Ford Employees): 4% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee and 0.25% advertising fee

Z-Plan (Ford Retirees): Same as A-Plan

D-Plan (Dealer Employees): A-Plan plus $100

X-Plan (Ford Partners, Friends & Neighbors): 2% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee
Now that dealers had been given the "Mach-E Launch Playbook Summer 2020" (which maybe is communication document EFC08063?), have the actual plan details been confirmed officially? The only information with numbers seems to be from this single source.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Now that dealers had been given the "Mach-E Launch Playbook Summer 2020" (which maybe is communication document EFC08063?), have the actual plan details been confirmed officially? The only information with numbers seems to be from this single source.
Not really, EFC08063 is not the playbook. EFC08063 is the official dealer communication from Ford that lays out the AXZD plan rules for the Mach-E. The sited info is legit.

The Playbook on the other hand has WAY more information than just pricing rules.

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
Does using a AXZD plan prevent dealerships from tagging on ADM?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Does using a AXZD plan prevent dealerships from tagging on ADM?
Mostly yes... but they may still add on "dealer installed equipment." It's allowed by the plan agreement. So watch out for that, and do check with your dealer if you are concerned and try to get these details in writing ahead of time. This includes junk like nitrogen filled tires and underbody protection, and is very often sold to buyers at steeply inflated prices.

The plan limits all the miscellaneous fees (monies not related to "installed equipment"). So under the plan, the dealer is allowed to charge the lesser of $100 or your state or local legal limit for "doc fees." And they aren't allowed to charge other fees beyond that, like "advertising fee", "fuel charges," and so on.

If you are trading in a vehicle, think of that as a separate transaction even though you'll probably do it all in one sitting (if you choose to). Remember that there are other buyers out there, so you do have some negotiating power in this transaction.

Same thing with financing. You might want to finance with your dealer -- they may have great rates or programs. But you can also check to see what other banks are offering. X-Plan doesn't require you to do financing or anything like that.

Same with "extended warranties." Your dealer may try to sell some third party warranty, or maybe a Ford PremiumCare or similar. That's another separate transaction, at least the way I think about it. And you can even buy a genuine Ford extended warranty from some other dealership if you wanted to. Or don't buy one. Again, you are in control.

Last edited:

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
So in summary, it seems like they can try to sell you various forms of snake oil (you should be able to freely refuse all of those extras), but they can't tack on "market adjustments", "handling fees", etc, and are very limited regarding "document fees". Note: everyone has to pay the $1,100 destination fee and government fees, like title registration and sales tax if required in your area.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's correct. Rejecting snake oil stuff is easier when you're ordering a car versus picking one from the lot. Just get this in writing ahead of time so they know you don't want that stuff.

The $1100 isn't negotiable.
This reminds me of something we'll have to watch out for: Dealers pulling the scam of "The distribution center puts this protection package on all arriving vehicles, so we are required to charge you for it".
Sponsored