TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just generated my X-plan PIN using my Mustang Club of America membership. I used the MCA code when accessing the Ford partnership site. I printed off the certificate. My dealer indicated that they would honor the X-plan as long as it appears on the invoice and I bring along my PIN. I also have to bring along my membership card which shows I have been an MCA member for at least 60 days.
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I just generated my X-plan PIN using my Mustang Club of America membership. I used the MCA code when accessing the Ford partnership site. I printed off the certificate. My dealer indicated that they would honor the X-plan as long as it appears on the invoice and I bring along my PIN. I also have to bring along my membership card which shows I have been an MCA member for at least 60 days.
I think the confusion is around how to apply the "X" Plan, which from what I understand will take place when you actually finalize the deal with the dealer later this year or next.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
So I just signed up for the MCA too - $35 to maybe get X-Plan pricing as my husband no longer works for a company with that benefit - definitely worth the gamble! I did notice that the official "excluded" list was dated in 2018 - I am wondering if Ford will add the Mach E - the other models were the extra pricey special vehicles like the F-150 Raptor and Mustang Shelby and Bullitt models.

Did anyone else check out their forum? Man, do they HATE the Mach E! I totally expected it - because I see it on Twitter and IG, etc. Some of them were talking about quitting the MCA and the President also stating that the only way they will report on it again (after a January mag cover) was if Ford decided to change the name. General feeling was that Mustang is a "Pony Car" and the Mach E is not. A couple of middle roaders and one positive post in the thread I read... sigh.

I would be more sympathetic to their anger, except they just kept repeating the same old tired anti EV myths - I can get gas anywhere and you will run out of range, anyone who buys an EV is going to get electrocuted by the vehicle, Farmers will never buy an electric truck... to mention a few. The naysayers were also saying it was not a true Ford because it is made in Mexico, and that it was likely to fail quickly and simply disappear.

You know, I have always not wanted to buy a Tesla because I see so many stories of them getting vandalized, I didn't want that drama. I was so happy to hear to that Ford was making this vehicle, now I am starting to wonder if my Mach E will get vandalized by those out there that are reeling because Ford named it Mustang, it's an EV, and it has four doors... To be honest I am thinking that any EV that is as popular as the Tesla (and hopefully this will happen for Ford) is likely to get some of that drama... maybe an idea for a thread...
This is why I had hoped Ford enabled some kind of "Sentry Mode" on the Mach-E. I know a surveillance system won't stop vandals, but if it's well known the capability exists, perhaps it could serve as a deterrent. If damage does occur, at least the person would have some video to share with the authorities.

Crazynyc

First Name
Srikanthreddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag
I never bought ford before. I have xplan from my company and I have the pin with me and selected sun state ford dealer in Orlando. I had a call with the manager and he said they dont have no xplan and no ADM fee, but they are charging $500 for delivery charges.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I never bought ford before. I have xplan from my company and I have the pin with me and selected sun state ford dealer in Orlando. I had a call with the manager and he said they dont have no xplan and no ADM fee, but they are charging $500 for delivery charges.
See earlier comment in this thread - if you use X Plan, the dealer is limited to the discount of 2% plus an administrative fee of $275, so the $500 you mention can not be added.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
There are a lot of dealers that will take the X Plan and not have additional charges --- you will save well over a $1,000 by changing your dealer.

Call the Ford Help Line and they will work with you to make the change.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
See earlier comment in this thread - if you use X Plan, the dealer is limited to the discount of 2% plus an administrative fee of $275, so the $500 you mention can not be added.
I'm assuming your assuming the $500 delivery charge is the dealer adding it and not Ford.

I know document fees and destination and delivery are usually impossible to get out of. I think the Mach-E is $1100 destination fee.

Does this seem right?

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm assuming your assuming the $500 delivery charge is the dealer adding it and not Ford.

I know document fees and destination and delivery are usually impossible to get out of. I think the Mach-E is $1100 destination fee.

Does this seem right?
Yes, the $1100 Delivery & Destination change is from Ford and doesn't qualify for discount for X Plan. Everyone will pay that $1100. But the additional $500 that was mentioned from Orlando is money going to the dealer which should not be acceptable and a dealer change should happen to avoid paying. If the dealer accepts X Plan, that charge won't be allowed according to Ford's terms for X Plan.

Crazynyc

First Name
Srikanthreddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag
There are a lot of dealers that will take the X Plan and not have additional charges --- you will save well over a $1,000 by changing your dealer.

Call the Ford Help Line and they will work with you to make the change.
HI,

Thanks for reply!!

Today I spoke to another dealer from Tampa area and he said they are not going to charge NO ADM and Xplan accepted, but $750 for inspection etc.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
HI,

Thanks for reply!!

Today I spoke to another dealer from Tampa area and he said they are not going to charge NO ADM and Xplan accepted, but $750 for inspection etc.
haha - You're joking right? $750 for "inspection"??? That's an ADM! I wouldn't have any of it personally.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
HI,

Thanks for reply!!

Somehow I think the $750 charge goes against what the X Plan pricing is supposed to be. I would check with Ford to see if a dealer taking X Plan will preclude these type of charges. That clearly is not acceptable.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
haha - You're joking right? $750 for "inspection"??? That's an ADM! I wouldn't have any of it personally.
Note that @Crazynyc said inspection, etc. I recommend making sure the list of fees making up the $750 is legit but it may include all of the tax, tags, licensing, title, etc.

OP
OP
eager2own

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
but it may include all of the tax, tags, licensing, title, etc.
That was my initial thought... but I've never heard anyone use the word "inspection" in any way with such fees on a brand new vehicle.
Maybe manufacturers are hurting so much for profits that they're now requiring customers to pay separately for quality inspection of vehicles off the line. Next month they'll ask a $5000 assembly fee.
Sponsored