hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Dumb finance question...if there is no pre-payment penalty, why have a max down payment limit? I know its to keep the principle at some level where the interest earned makes sense for the company. But as a consumer, we can just pay it off or a bigger lump sum into the first payment right?

Or re-phase the comment...if a consumer wants to get around the max down payment, they just pay more afterwards right?

Is there a limit or conditions to getting the $2500 incentive? I can get the Ford Option and just pay the whole thing off in 6...3...1 month?
why have a max down payment limit?

Can't have the balance of monthly payments be less than the balloon amount. (Just like on a lease.)

consumer wants to get around the max down payment, they just pay more afterwards right?

Yes

Is there a limit or conditions to getting the $2500 incentive?

Incentives are based on the customer's address.

I can get the Ford Option and just pay the whole thing off in 6...3...1 month?

Yes, but if you pay it off in the first 3 payments the dealer may get charged back by Ford for the rebate amount.
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
why have a max down payment limit?

Can't have the balance of monthly payments be less than the balloon amount. (Just like on a lease.)

consumer wants to get around the max down payment, they just pay more afterwards right?

Yes

Is there a limit or conditions to getting the $2500 incentive?

Incentives are based on the customer's address.

Yes, but if you pay it off in the first 3 payments the dealer may get charged back by Ford for the rebate amount.
All good, but will Ford claim the $7,500 federal tax credit on the Options lease?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
All good, but will Ford claim the $7,500 federal tax credit on the Options lease?
Thats why there is the Ford Options instead of a traditional Lease. You (Mr. Consumer) owns it from the get go so you get the tax credit.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Options is just a loan, not a lease. Ford can’t claim any tax credit if they don’t own the car.

JoeSmoeFromIDontKnow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER (canceled)
Country flag

I've heard this stated before and it makes no sense to me. If the incentive was conceived and sponsored by Ford, then why in the world would the dealer be penalized if a customer tries to save money by paying it off early? I imagine stuff like this is what causes dealers to become corrupt.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've heard this stated before and it makes no sense to me. If the incentive was conceived and sponsored by Ford, then why in the world would the dealer be penalized if a customer tries to save money by paying it off early? I imagine stuff like this is what causes dealers to become corrupt.
Because it costs money for Ford Credit to process the loan approval / paperwork. The chargeback is to prevent dealers from letting people finance only for the rebates and payoff early. The point of the rebate is to finance with Ford Credit for the whole term, not take the rebates and run.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
The point of the rebate is to finance with Ford Credit for the whole term, not take the rebates and run.
I have a question about Options. With leasing you can pre-pay a lease but it doesn't save you any money. The lessor just totals up how much you'll owe over the lease term and divides by the number of months to come up with a monthly payment. If you pay for the whole lease term up front you pay the monthly times the number of months, which means you pay the same amount as you would if you paid the monthly over the term of the lease.

Is this how Options works? I'm thinking "No" because, if it did, then Ford Credit would still get the same amount of payment as if the customer paid out over the term. So no reason to worry about charge-backs. If the answer is "no", how does the interest computation work? Let's say that you have the MME for a year, decide it's great and you want to keep it by paying off the remaining balance.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a question about Options. With leasing you can pre-pay a lease but it doesn't save you any money. The lessor just totals up how much you'll owe over the lease term and divides by the number of months to come up with a monthly payment. If you pay for the whole lease term up front you pay the monthly times the number of months, which means you pay the same amount as you would if you paid the monthly over the term of the lease.

Is this how Options works? I'm thinking "No" because, if it did, then Ford Credit would still get the same amount of payment as if the customer paid out over the term. So no reason to worry about charge-backs. If the answer is "no", how does the interest computation work? Let's say that you have the MME for a year, decide it's great and you want to keep it by paying off the remaining balance.
For leasing you close but not quite. There is a program (APP lease) that is a single pay lease that will give you a lower total of payments if you pay it all upfront vs. a normal monthly payment schedule.

Options is a simple interest loan (with a balloon note). Interest on Options is calculated just like a normal simple interest loan. If you decide to pay it off after a year then you would owe whatever your principal balance is plus the interest accrued since your last monthly payment.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
For leasing you close but not quite. There is a program (APP lease) that is a single pay lease that will give you a lower total of payments if you pay it all upfront vs. a normal monthly payment schedule.

Options is a simple interest loan (with a balloon note). Interest on Options is calculated just like a normal simple interest loan. If you decide to pay it off after a year then you would owe whatever your principal balance is plus the interest accrued since your last monthly payment.
Thanks. Didn't know about APP leasing and wasn't sure about Options.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I recently placed my order for a Star White Premium Extended Range AWD with the floor mats. With destination and delivery, that's an MSRP of $56,640.

My dealer emailed me a copy of the order for me to sign today just to verify it looked right. He also wrote on that order what he believes the x-plan price will be based upon his review of an x-plan invoice for a similar vehicle. Says the xplan price will be $55,782.20 + $100 xplan fee. That price includes everything except a few bucks for title fee and (more than) a few bucks for sales tax. Ugh Kansas. No incentives included because we don't know what they'll be at the time of purchase.

This isn't exactly how I thought the xplan price would calculate, but my knowledge of the rules could be wrong. Does it look right to you?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I recently placed my order for a Star White Premium Extended Range AWD with the floor mats. With destination and delivery, that's an MSRP of $56,640.

My dealer emailed me a copy of the order for me to sign today just to verify it looked right. He also wrote on that order what he believes the x-plan price will be based upon his review of an x-plan invoice for a similar vehicle. Says the xplan price will be $55,782.20 + $100 xplan fee. That price includes everything except a few bucks for title fee and (more than) a few bucks for sales tax. Ugh Kansas. No incentives included because we don't know what they'll be at the time of purchase.

This isn't exactly how I thought the xplan price would calculate, but my knowledge of the rules could be wrong. Does it look right to you?
X-Plan is MSRP -2% + 275. Do that with $56,640 and you get $55,782.20. The $100 is what dealer can charge on top of that for his paperwork.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
1. OVERVIEW

Ford Motor Company appreciates the loyalty of its employees, retirees and their spouses, families and friends. The New Vehicle Purchase Programs (AXZ-Plan) are offered to eligible individuals to drive eligible new Ford Motor Company products, especially those owning competitive products. Eligibility is based upon employment status to Ford Motor Company and their extended family members/friends (as defined under the Program Descriptions and Eligibility section).

If any of the terms or conditions contained in this document are inconsistent with any other existing descriptions of the New Vehicle Purchase Program, the terms of this document and, where appropriate the Red Carpet Lease Agreement, will control. The Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue the New Vehicle Purchase Programs at any time without notice and all provisions are subject to various state law requirements. You should consult with your counsel if you have any questions regarding such requirements. AXZ-Plans are not available in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

2. PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS AND ELIGIBILITY

AZ-Plan

An eligible US Ford employee or retiree/surviving spouse, herein referred to as a “sponsor”, may generate up to four (4) A/Z-Plan PINs per calendar year to be used towards the purchase or lease of a new vehicle (see PIN Generation for details). Eligible sponsors are defined as:

• Active hourly employees and regular salaried employees, including;
    • Fulltime
    • Part-time
    • Temporary Part-time (TPT)
    • Short Term Supplemental (STS)
  • Hourly and Salaried retirees
  • Hourly and Salaried Surviving Spouses
  • Employees on an approved leave of absence
  • Employees on layoff, for the first 12 months of the layoff
  • Former employees under certain separation packages (as defined in the employee’s separation packet)
  • Deferred Vested Eligible Retirees at age 55 years old or older
  • Terminated salaried employees who were hired on or after 1/1/2004 and were, at the time of separation;
    • at least 65 years of age with 5 or more years of service, or
    • at least 55 years of age with 10 or more years of service
  • Terminated hourly employees who were hired on or after 10/24/2011 and were, at the time of separation;
    • at least 65 years of age with 5 or more years of service, or
    • at least 55 years of age with 10 or more years of service, or
    • any age with 30 or more years of service
  • Employees of approved subsidiaries, affiliates, and organizations
All of the above may generate (i.e. sponsor) A/Z-Plan PINs for the following family members:
  • Spouse (opposite or same-sex)
  • Parents
  • Spouse's parents
  • Grandparents
  • Spouse's grandparents
  • Sons and daughters (including in-laws and step-children)
  • Grandchildren
  • Brothers and sisters (including in-laws, half and step)
  • Aunts .New!.
  • Uncles .New!.
  • Nieces .New!.
  • Nephews .New!.
When audited the sponsor must be able to prove a valid relationship through birth certificate and marriage certificate documents. Violations are subject to disciplinary action, including loss of AXZ-Plan privileges.
When both the employee/retiree and his/her spouse are deceased, the surviving family members are no longer eligible.

X-Plan
Friends & Neighbors:

An eligible Ford employee or retiree as noted below may sponsor up to four (4) PINs per calendar year to be used towards the purchase or lease of a new vehicle (see PIN Generation for details):

• Selected individuals sponsored by a Ford Motor Company employee such as an extended family member (other than those identified as "immediate family members" referenced under Program Descriptions and Eligibility – AZ-Plan), friend or neighbor.
  • Sponsors must know the individuals they are sponsoring.
  • Dealership employees may not act as a broker by requesting a PIN for a customer from a sponsor.
  • Dealerships or anyone connected with or acting on behalf of the dealership cannot purchase or solicit PINS.
Partner Recognition Program:
The Partner Recognition X-Plan Pricing Program is offered by Ford Motor Company to active employees or organization members, retirees, their spouses and members of their households of selected US and Canadian Tier 1 suppliers, business partners, fleet partners and special organizations having a unique relationship with the Company.

3. PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY

• Purchasers are not required to provide proof of eligibility at time of sale beyond providing their PIN and last 4 digits of Social Security Number. However, the Company reserves the right to perform audits of AXZ-Plan sales and may require employees or retirees to provide proof of relationship documentation.
  • A/Z-Plan audits will require birth certificate and marriage certificate documents which satisfactorily define a valid relationship as specified by the Plan.
  • Violations are subject to disciplinary action, including loss of AXZ-Plan privileges.
Audit Documentation Requirements
The chart below defines the minimum documentation requirements. The documents must prove a common genealogical or legal adoption relationship. Birth certificates must include parents’ names. Additional documentation may be required to prove a valid relationship, especially when names have changed through marriage/divorce.

Document Required From:​
Customer’s Relationship to Sponsor:
Sponsor​
Customer
Sponsor’s Spouse​
Sponsor's Parent's​
Customer's Parent's​
Spouse's Parent's​
Spouse
M​
Parent
B​
Grandparent
B​
B​
Sibling
B​
B​
Child
B​
Grandchild
B​
B​
Aunt/Uncle**
B​
B​
B​
Niece/Nephew**
B​
B​
B​
Spouse's Parent
M​
B​
Spouse's Grandparent
M​
B​
B​
Spouse's Sibling
M​
B​
B​
Spouse's Child
M​
B​
Spouse's Grandchild
M​
B​
B​
Spouse's Aunt/Uncle**
M​
B​
B​
B​
Spouse's Niece/Nephew**
M​
B​
B​
B​
Key:
B = Birth/Adoption CertificateM = Marriage Certificate
4. PRODUCTS

Eligible Products

• Current Ford, Lincoln model year and prior model year vehicles sold in the United States. See your local dealer for vehicle eligibility.
  • Vehicles may be ordered from production or, if the dealer agrees, may be selected from the inventory of the dealership. Dealers are not required to participate, but if they do, they must be an authorized Ford Motor Company dealer for the product sold and agree to abide by the New Vehicle Purchase Program guidelines set forth in this document.
  • Prior model year vehicles may be purchased or leased while supplies last for products under the AXZ-Plans. See your selling dealer for details.
  • Dealer demonstrator units. No additional discount is permitted beyond incentives compatible with an AXZ-Plan deal.
  • UAW represented hourly employees, retirees, surviving spouses and their immediately family members are eligible for Ford, Lincoln purchases or leases.

Ineligible Products
  • Certain commercial use or specialty products and certain "low-supply" vehicles as defined by Ford. Click here for Ineligible Products for specific models or model year vehicles.
  • Used vehicles.

5. PROGRAM POLICIES

Customer/Sponsor Obligations and Rules

• Sponsors are responsible for managing their PIN allocation and making sure the customers follow the rules. If a customer fails to follow the rules (including the length of ownership requirements), the Sponsor’s Plan eligibility is at risk. Therefore, if Sponsors cannot answer all of the following questions, as indicated, it is advised that they do not sponsor the customer.

· Is the customer someone you feel you know and can trust? YES
· Did a dealership employee refer this customer to you? NO
· Are you receiving or being offered cash or gifts to sponsor an X-Plan customer? NO
· Is the customer a government employee or official whose use of the Plan may be construed as influencing a public official? NO
· Can my relative and I provide birth certificate and/or marriage certificate documents that prove a valid relationship as defined by A/Z-Plan rules? YES

• It is a direct violation of the program rules to provide PINs to customers referred to the sponsor by a dealership employee or to use a dealership employee as a broker to locate AXZ-Plan customers. In other words, you may not use a dealership or dealership employee to find customers, and you may not sell PINs to a dealership or dealership employee. In fact, selling PINs to anyone is a violation of Plan rules and is strictly prohibited. Violations of these rules will result in suspension of AXZ-Plan eligibility and may result in termination of employment with the Company.
  • Vehicles purchased or leased by customers sponsored by an employee, retiree, or surviving spouse count against the number of vehicle sales which an employee, retiree or surviving spouse may sponsor during any calendar year.
  • Any solicitation or acceptance of money, items of value or discounts off the New Vehicle Purchase Program price not defined in this document from a dealership or anyone connected with or acting on behalf of the dealership in connection with the purchase or lease of a vehicle under the New Vehicle Purchase Program, is contrary to the Plan's provisions and to Company policy and is prohibited.
  • If after ordering a vehicle under the terms of the New Vehicle Purchase Program, the customer cannot take delivery from the designated dealership, the customer must promptly advise the proper dealership representative, and the customer must refrain from signing any dealership document indicating acceptance or delivery of the vehicle.
  • AXZ-Plan customers are required to arbitrate warranty-related disputes via the Dispute Resolution Program (DRP) before initiating or proceeding with legal action. Failure to seek resolution of warranty-related disputes via the DRP before initiating legal action may result in the suspension of Purchase Plan privileges for sponsor.
    • The Dispute Resolution Program (DRP) process is a cost-free program available to owners or lessees of qualifying Ford Motor Company vehicles. The program is independently owned administered by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Service or product performance complaints involving Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln cars, vans, sport utilities and light trucks, which are within the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, are eligible for DRP review. The Warranty Guide provided with all new Ford, and Lincoln vehicles at delivery contains important information about customer assistance and the Dispute Resolution Program. For more information about the program, call the BBB Auto Line at 1-800-428-3718, or the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.
    • Failure to seek resolution of warranty-related disputes via the DRP process before initiating legal action may result in the suspension of Purchase Plan privileges (as noted under "What if a Customer Ignores the Conditions?").

Dealership Obligations and Rules

• Participating dealerships agree to comply with all of the terms outlined in this document, including the Red Carpet Lease Option provisions. Authorized Ford, and Lincoln dealerships are encouraged, but not obligated, to participate in the New Vehicle Purchase Program. Participating dealerships must sign a Dealer Agreement located on the AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement on each New Vehicle Purchase Program sale or Red Carpet Lease.
  • Dealerships must be authorized dealers ("under their Sales and Service Agreement(s)") for the product being sold.
  • The AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement must identify the AZ or X-Plan price, the price of each dealer-added option, negative equity on vehicle trade, gifts, and any other allowable fees and taxes. A copy of the factory invoice showing the New Vehicle Purchase Program price in the box labeled ”AZ-Plan" or “X-Plan" and a completed, signed copy of the AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement must be given to the customer.
  • All commission claims are subject to future audit and possible charge back to the dealership. Participating Dealerships agree to make available such dealership records to the extent considered necessary by Ford Motor Company for audit of the transactions claimed under the New Vehicle Purchase Program. Dealers must retain all records and documents, including the AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement, journals and ledgers, which relate in any way, in all or in part, to covered transactions- for at least two years.
  • All sales or lease contracts with Purchase Plan customers will be conducted by an employee of the participating dealership. Commissions to dealerships will be withheld or charged back if non-employees, including brokers, or agents are used to participate in Plan transactions in any capacity.

What if a Customer Ignores the Conditions?

• The Company cannot ignore abuse of the New Vehicle Purchase Program. Plan abuse may cost the Company inappropriate dealer commission payments. Those unnecessary payments impact all Company employees because the payments detract from Company profits, which provide a basis for future product programs, capital expenditures and, of course, profit sharing.
  • The purchase, lease and disposal of vehicles under the New Vehicle Purchase Program are monitored regularly for abuse through a computerized system. Customers who do not comply with the requirements noted above will be contacted and asked to explain the circumstances involved.
  • The privilege to participate may be withdrawn or suspended if the Company determines that the employee, retiree or surviving spouse has violated the provisions of the New Vehicle Purchase Program or Company policy. The employee, retiree or surviving spouse may be required to reimburse the Company for the full amount of the dealer commission paid. In addition, the employee may be subject to disciplinary action, including termination of employment.

NOTE: Even if the customer who violates these provisions is not a Company employee, the sponsoring employee, retiree or surviving spouse is responsible and subject to the above sanctions.

Dealer-to-Customer Gifts and Fees
The following are guidelines regarding what is, and is not, permissible.
Nominal Gifts

• Unless prohibited by your state law, Family AZ-Plan and/or Friends & Neighbors X-Plan customers may accept items or services of nominal value (i.e. $50 or less dealership cost) as a gift or reward in connection with an AZ- Plan and/or X- Plan sale or lease. All gifts or rewards offered by the dealership for sponsoring an AZ-Plan and/or X-Plan sale or lease must be comparable with gifts or rewards offered by the dealership on retail sales or leases, and may not exceed $50 in value (dealership cost).
  • Examples of acceptable gifts include a wall calendar, Motorcraft apparel, gas card, an oil change, a car wash, etc, provided the item or service does not exceed $50 in value (dealership cost).
  • Dealerships may not offer services or items below their market value (dealership cost) to stay within the $50 limit (i.e. $1 for rust proofing or $10 for a bed liner).
  • No service, accessory or items valued above $50 may be accepted by AXZ-Plan customers, even if the same offer is extended to non-Plan customers. The only exception would be an FDAF/LMDA promoting a limited time offer which covers an entire group of dealers in a market area (i.e. free bed liners with the purchase of an F-Series). Since all dealers participate this would not give one dealer a competitive advantage over another for Plan business.

Referral Fees
AZ-Plan

• Family AZ-Plan sponsors may accept referral fees of $50 or less in connection with AZ-Plan sales. All referral fees offered by a dealership must be comparable with referral fees offered by the dealership on retail sales or leases.

X-Plan

• Friends & Neighbors X-Plan sponsors may not accept referral fees.

Document Fees
Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $75 (AZ-Plan) or $100 (X-Plan) in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with Plan Rules, applicable laws and regulations.
Financing, Insurance, Titles and Taxes

• Purchase/lease financing may be obtained at the customer's discretion from any source. To learn more about financial services offered through Ford Motor Credit Company, go to www.fordcredit.com
  • Each vehicle purchased or leased will be covered by the same warranty and policy as those offered to retail customers.
  • The customer is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, license and title fees.
  • Non-Eligible family members may appear as co-signers or co-makers of the loan or other financing agreement, and may also appear as co-owners on the Vehicle Title or Registration. However, the primary user of the vehicle must be the AZ or X-Plan eligible member.
  • New Vehicle Purchase Program customers are required to provide their own liability and collision insurance for both purchases and leases. For leases, there are specified coverage minimums. Lessees should request information about these amounts from the dealer prior to obtaining insurance and signing the final lease papers.
  • Titling eligibility is as follows:
    • Vehicles must be retained in the customer's possession and registered as provided
      above for at least six months from the date of purchase or lease.
    • Individuals:
      • Vehicles must be registered or titled to the AXZ-Plan eligible individual.
      • Non-eligible members may appear as co-signers or co-makers of the loan or other financing agreement, and may also appear on the Vehicle Title or Registration. However, the primary user of the vehicle must be the AXZ-Plan eligible member.
      • Vehicles leased under the Red Carpet Lease Option will be titled in the name of Ford Credit or as directed by Ford Credit, but must conform to the above registration requirements.
      • Vehicles also may be registered in the name of a customer's trust provided that the customer's name is included in the name of the trust, i.e. "John Smith Trust.”
    • Commercial:
      • AZ-Plan vehicles may not be registered or titled in the name of a business. AZ-Plan
        vehicles may not be purchased or leased for commercial use.
      • X-Plan vehicles may be registered or titled in the name of a business (excluding
        automotive dealerships and their leasing companies). X-Plan vehicles may be
        purchased or leased for commercial use.
6. PRICING AND INCENTIVES

• The dealer is required to provide you with a true copy of the factory invoice showing the New Vehicle Purchase Program price on the line labeled AZ-Plan and/or X-Plan. You should also receive a complete and signed AZXD-Plan Pricing Agreement showing each item and its price. Do not sign this form if it is blank or if you do not understand how the price was calculated. All added items must be documented on this form, including negative equity on vehicle trade, and gifts.
  • The AXZ-Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "AZ-Plan" or “X-Plan” near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Program price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, fuel charges and Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items.
  • The New Vehicle Purchase Program customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer.
  • From time to time the Company may offer incentives or rebates. Unless specifically excluded by the Company, incentives or rebates are available to New Vehicle Purchase Program customers in addition to the Plan price. Ask your dealer for details.

Vehicle Trade-in Allowance
  • Vehicle Trade-in Allowance is not covered by the New Vehicle Purchase Program and must be negotiated with the dealership. However, this must be documented on the AZXD-Plan Pricing Agreement form.

Pricing Formula

• The AZ-Plan price is the amount shown on the line labeled appropriately near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Program price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, and Company Administration Fee.
AZ-Plan
Dealer Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Assessment + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)

• X-Plan is a pre-determined price based on dealer invoice or A-Plan price depending on brand. The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice.
X-Plan

FordDealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)
LincolnDealer Invoice + (0.6% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)
*$275 Administration Fee.

7. PROCESS AND DOCUMENTATION

Sales and Delivery Requirements

• The dealership may require the New Vehicle Purchase Program customer to make a deposit when placing a vehicle order. Some or all of this deposit may be retained by the dealership if the customer declines to accept delivery of the product ordered. An agreement in writing should be reached with the dealership concerning the amount of the deposit and the conditions under which it may be retained by the dealership if the transaction is not completed.
  • Lease transactions may require a refundable security deposit. The security deposit is held until the end of the lease and is refunded, provided that the lease terms have been satisfied. The deposit is usually equal to one month's payment, rounded to the next $25.
  • The dealership may charge any price negotiated (at or above dealer cost) between the dealer and the customer for undercoating, dealer installed options, extended service contracts and other items or services that add value to the vehicle, provided such items are priced separately and listed individually on the retail buyer's order and the AZXD-Plan Pricing Agreement.
  • Dealerships will notify the customer as soon as the vehicle has been prepared for delivery. New Vehicle Purchase Program customers must accept delivery and make final settlement within five working days of notification by the dealership that the vehicle is available for delivery. Unless otherwise agreed to between the dealership and the New Vehicle Purchase Program customer, vehicle disposition becomes the sole responsibility of the delivering dealership on the sixth day.

What is a PIN?
A PIN (Personal Identification Number) is a unique numeric code required for each vehicle purchase under the AXZ-Plan. This PIN will be generated by the Ford employee/retiree (sponsor) for either themselves or an eligible family member or friend. The PIN holder will then take this PIN to an authorized Ford Motor Company dealership to secure the AXZ-Plan discount.

Using a PIN

• Provide your dealer the PIN along with the last 4 numbers of your Social Security Number.
  • The dealer will enter your PIN and social security number into the computer to verify your eligibility. Once your eligibility has been verified, the dealer can lock in the approval to complete the transaction. (If you decide not to complete the transaction at that dealership, ask the dealer to cancel the locked-in approval so that you can use it elsewhere.)
PIN Generation

You have several options for generating a PIN.

• PINs can be generated for yourself, eligible family member or friend from our web site at www.axz.ford.com. Select the "Generate a PIN" link from the home page or go to the "PINS & Members" tab.
  • PINs can also be generated through our call center at AXZ-Plan Headquarters. However, we encourage all participants to use the web sites whenever possible as this helps to reduce program costs for Ford Motor Company. We do require all active salaried employees with Company-provided Internet service to use the web sites for PIN generation.
  • PIN must be generated before the date of sale.

How Does a Qualified Plan Participant get a Vehicle?

If the Employee, Retiree, or Surviving Spouse is the customer...

• Identify yourself to the dealer as the employee, retiree, or surviving spouse.
  • Give the dealer only the last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN) and your seven digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). (This combination is your New Vehicle Purchase Program ID number).
  • The dealer will enter your PIN into the computer to verify your eligibility. Once your eligibility has been verified, the dealer can lock in the approval to complete the transaction. (If you decide not to complete the transaction at that dealership, ask the dealer to cancel the locked-in approval so that you can use it elsewhere.)
  • Ask for a copy of the vehicle invoice which shows the AZ-Plan price in the box labeled AZ-Plan located in the lower right hand corner. This is always the correct AZ-Plan price.
NOTE: The Z-Plan price is exactly the same as the A-Plan price.
  • The dealer will complete and ask you to sign the AZXD-Plan Pricing Agreement. After you have signed it, the dealer will provide you with a copy. This is your assurance that the price charged is the correct price. Do not sign this form if it is blank or if you do not understand how the price was calculated. All added items must be documented on this form, including negative equity on vehicle trade, and gifts. If you have any questions or concerns about the terms of your purchase or lease, ask your dealer for clarification before closing the transaction.

If an eligible family member or friend/neighbor is the customer...

• Obtain an approval PIN for your family member or friend/neighbor just as you would for yourself. You will need the correct spelling of the persons name, the last four digits of his/her Social Security Number, address, telephone number, email id (if available), and will be asked to verify his/her eligible family relationship to you. Ensure that the name name/address provided for PIN generation is accurate and verifiable using appropriate personal identification (i.e. driver license). The dealer will require the name/address on the PIN transaction to match the name/address of the purchaser identified on the sales transaction.
  • Provide your family member or friend/neighbor with the PIN so that the dealer can determine eligibility.
  • Please inform the family member or friend/neighbor that:
    • The Plan privilege is for the eligible family member's or friend/neighbor’s personal use only.
    • The PIN must not, under any circumstances, be provided to any other person, except the
      dealer at the time of purchase or lease.
    • Providing the PIN to any other person is a violation of the Plan's conditions.
  • The family member or friend/neighbor must identify himself/herself as an eligible participant to the dealer and provide the dealer with the last four digits of his/her SSN and PIN for verification. The eligible family member will also be required to specify the relationship that exists with the Employee/Retiree or Surviving Spouse.
  • Employee/Retiree/Surviving Spouse sponsors are responsible for how their Plan is used by other family members.
  • For Friend or Neighbor X-plan only - the X-Plan approval PIN may also be issued in the name of a business owned by your friend or neighbor. Use the last four numbers of the business Federal Tax ID in lieu of the SSN where requested.
Members

As an AXZ-Plan sponsor, you can enroll individuals eligible for either the AZ or X Friends & Neighbors Program into an exclusive web site www.myplan.ford.com. This web site provides many of the great features and functions you have in www.axz.ford.com including: AXZ-Plan pricing, incentives, special offers, plan rules and the ability to request PINs electronically from you, their sponsor. Your members can also sign-up for email notification of the latest AXZ-Plan offers. This is a great way to introduce your family and friends to the outstanding product offerings available through you as a Ford employee/retiree.
How It Works

• Go to the PINs & Members tab of the www.axz.ford.com web site. Select the link for "Tell Your Family and Friends!" You will be taken through a series of screens to enroll your family member or friend. You will be required to provide their name, mailing address and email address along with some product interest information.
  • At the completion of the enrollment process, your enrollee will be sent an email invitation containing informative information about the Plans and steps to register with the www.myplan.ford.com web site. Your enrollee must complete the registration process to gain access to this web site. Registered members may cancel their registration and/or opt-out of email notifications at any time.
  • As the registered member's sponsor, you will also have the ability to cancel their registration at any time.
  • You can also view/edit your enrollee's record from the PINs & Members tab of www.axz.ford.com. Once your enrollee has officially registered, you will have limited edit capability to their record since the member will now be in control of this information.
  • Registered members may "request" a PIN from you electronically and only for the plan which you have enrolled them in (AZ vs. X Friends & Neighbors). You will be notified of this PIN request through the email address you initially used to register for the www.axz.ford.com web site. This email address can be view/edited through the "MYPROFILE" link in the upper right-hand corner of the home page. Additionally, you will receive a pop-up notifying you of pending PIN requests when you login to the web site.
  • Responding to the PIN request is simple! The email will provide you the link to complete the process. Alternatively, you can go to the PINs & Members tab of www.axz.ford.com and scroll to the bottom of the page where your members are listed in tabular form. Those with an active PIN request will be identified with two active links to select: "Accept" or "Deny". The member will be sent an email with the PIN if you choose "Accept" or a rejection note if "Deny". You will have the option to add a personal note to the email if you chose. In the case of a denial, we recommend a follow-up contact to assist the member with other alternatives. If your denial is due to a lack of available PINs, contact our call center to discuss possible options.
Note: You will no longer need to request the Social Security Number of your member either in part or whole. The member will provide the last four of their Social Security Number when requesting the PIN through www.myplan.ford.com. When your member goes to the dealership, the sales consultant will require them to provide the PIN and the last four numbers of their Social Security Number to verify their eligibility through our secure PIN database.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Dealer-to-Customer Gifts and Fees

The following are guidelines regarding what is, and is not, permissible.

Nominal Gifts

• Unless prohibited by your state law, Family AZ-Plan and/or Friends & Neighbors X-Plan customers may accept items or services of nominal value (i.e. $50 or less dealership cost) as a gift or reward in connection with an AZ- Plan and/or X- Plan sale or lease. All gifts or rewards offered by the dealership for sponsoring an AZ-Plan and/or X-Plan sale or lease must be comparable with gifts or rewards offered by the dealership on retail sales or leases, and may not exceed $50 in value (dealership cost).
  • Examples of acceptable gifts include a wall calendar, Motorcraft apparel, gas card, an oil change, a car wash, etc, provided the item or service does not exceed $50 in value (dealership cost).
  • Dealerships may not offer services or items below their market value (dealership cost) to stay within the $50 limit (i.e. $1 for rust proofing or $10 for a bed liner).
  • No service, accessory or items valued above $50 may be accepted by AXZ-Plan customers, even if the same offer is extended to non-Plan customers. The only exception would be an FDAF/LMDA promoting a limited time offer which covers an entire group of dealers in a market area (i.e. free bed liners with the purchase of an F-Series). Since all dealers participate this would not give one dealer a competitive advantage over another for Plan business.
Sponsored