OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I think it's just different mixes of what they're including or not including into a quoted price. As you'll see below, there are a lot of pieces to the overall price.

You can compute your own X-Plan price for a specific Mach-E... This number should match up with what your dealer quotes you for that same vehicle:

Start with:

base MSRP (e.g. $47,000)
+ paint ($0 or $400 or $600 depending on color)
+ other factory options (e.g. extended range battery, interior protection package)
= adjusted MSRP

Now convert adjusted MSRP to X-Plan:

(adjusted MSRP * 0.98) + $275 = X-Plan price

Now add in delivery/destination of $1,100:

X-Plan price + $1,100 = cost before dealer add-ons, incentives, trade-in, financing, taxes, state fees, etc.

There is one more fee associated with X-plan which is the "documentary service" or "documentation fee" or however it's referred to in your state. X-Plan limits this fee to $100 or your local, legal limit, whichever is smaller.
This is off the Xplan inventory page. I drove this car at the dealer. In the inventory sheet it shows the correct X price and even shows the same amount on the screen with the dealer name. But whenI go to print it the cost from the dealer (not the X plan caluction ) goes up to 53000, instead of 52234 Happys when I print the quote.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This is off the Xplan inventory page. I drove this car at the dealer. In the inventory sheet it shows the correct X price and even shows the same amount on the screen with the dealer name. But whenI go to print it the cost from the dealer (not the X plan caluction ) goes up to 53000, instead of 52234 Happys when I print the quote.
Yeah, I don't know why you're seeing a different price...

The only one that matters is the one you agree upon with your dealer. And if you're using X-Plan, then you can verify their math or just ask them to see the X-plan invoice for that vehicle from Ford (they're required to show it to you).

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
My dealer said "there's no x-plan on the mach-e, but if there ends up being one, we'll honor it." How do I get them to find this information now? I mean, I can see it right on the x-plan website, but why are they saying they don't see it available? They said they've worked with a few customers on the mach-e already and didn't have the option.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer said "there's no x-plan on the mach-e, but if there ends up being one, we'll honor it." How do I get them to find this information now? I mean, I can see it right on the x-plan website, but why are they saying they don't see it available? They said they've worked with a few customers on the mach-e already and didn't have the option.
Its on the invoice they get from Ford. It's in the lower right corner. If they don't have the invoice it can be re-printed from the Ford dealer web site.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
As you note, point them to the Ford Partner site. There is a list of ineligible vehicles, which the MME is not on. X-plan pricing works a little differently for the Mach E, so maybe that is confusing. As noted, ask them to look at the invoice for any MME and it is written there.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
My dealer said the same thing months ago about X-Plan ok if offered, said they did not see it at first. A day after the car arrived, they found it at the bottom of the invoice, all went well after that.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I called about 40 different dealers over the past 2 weeks. Only 3-4 of them took the X plan pricing for the MME. The rest probably just wanted the chance to charge ADM

jeremyF

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
My original dealer (Bayshore Ford in New Castle, Delaware) planned to honor X-Plan pricing on my order. I ended up canceling and bought my MME off the lot at Sheridan Ford in Wilmington, Delaware. They also honored X-Plan pricing. As someone pointed out on a different thread, Sheridan also had a First Edition MME on the lot with a $10k Additional Dealer Markup (ADM), but for my Premium model there was no markup.

If you get X-Plan pricing through Mustang Club of America (MCA) you can see the pricing through the Ford Partner website. Currently it is about 1.5% off MSRP, so not substantial. The nice thing is you don't have to argue about fees / markups.

I just checked the Sheridan Ford website and the First Edition is not listed, so it must have sold. They do have two MMEs available at MSRP, as best I can tell.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I just signed up for the MCA Digital Membership. Since I reserved a GT a little while back, I don’t currently have the need for the X-plan PIN, but I will probably go and get one soon just to have it for when my reservation is convert to an order. I guess I will also have to talk with the dealers around here to make sure they participate.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
I'll be picking up my MachE premium this week. So far the finance manager and the salesman at the dealership have been a little in the dark about this car. I am eligible for the A-plan and made sure they were honoring the A-plan on this car before I selected them as the dealer. I want to make sure I am armed with as much info as possible when I sit down to finalize the deal since they are a bit clueless. I saw from the first post in this thread that the A-plan prince can be calculated with the following formula

A-Plan (Ford Employees): 4% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee and 0.25% advertising fee

has anything changed or is this still accurate?

If thats correct I figured this should be the final amount I am financing with the Options plan

MSRP $53,500

A-Plan price $51,768.75
Deposit -$1,000
NYS instant rebate -$2,000
Option plan incentive -$2,500
----------------------------
Financed amount $46,268.75

Also wondering if there is a way to calculate the monthly payments so I can double check the dealers numbers. The calculator on the Ford site doesn't give you the option to change the final finance amount to reflect the rebates and incentives.

Thanks
Change the down-payment amount on the website calculator to get the amount financed to equal what you want. Be aware that fees and taxes are not included in the website calculator, so you need to add those separately to determine your actual finance amount.

exfordguy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lincoln Aviator. 202Mach-E Premium.
Occupation
Retired from Ford IT
Country flag
So, my Z-plan price (same as A-plan) ended up being exactly 3% below MSRP. What I find interesting in all of this is that the vehicle is being invoiced to the dealership at MSRP (i.e. there is no difference between MSRP and invoiced amount), which implies that the dealership sells to the public at zero markup. Then, further down in the invoice it says "This invoice may not reflect the final cost of the vehicle in view of the possibility of future rebates, allowances, discounts and incentive awards from Ford Motor Company to the dealer."

A/Z plan at one time was a simple 2% below dealer cost. It's looking now like the actual cost to the dealer is being obscured from view. I know the dealers don't make much margin on sales, but this implies they're selling at a loss. Things that make you go hmmmmm....

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
So, my Z-plan price (same as A-plan) ended up being exactly 3% below MSRP. What I find interesting in all of this is that the vehicle is being invoiced to the dealership at MSRP (i.e. there is no difference between MSRP and invoiced amount), which implies that the dealership sells to the public at zero markup. Then, further down in the invoice it says "This invoice may not reflect the final cost of the vehicle in view of the possibility of future rebates, allowances, discounts and incentive awards from Ford Motor Company to the dealer."

A/Z plan at one time was a simple 2% below dealer cost. It's looking now like the actual cost to the dealer is being obscured from view. I know the dealers don't make much margin on sales, but this implies they're selling at a loss. Things that make you go hmmmmm....
pretty sure someone on here spelled out both the original Mach-E dealer profit info and the revised profit info but I don't remember who and I'm not sure how to search for that bit of info.

but they are not losing money.

there's even a dealer on this forum in PA - forget the user name - that has strongly implied at least that they will sell to a forum member at a larger discount (although they aren't allowed to advertise that).

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
pretty sure someone on here spelled out both the original Mach-E dealer profit info and the revised profit info but I don't remember who and I'm not sure how to search for that bit of info.

there's even a dealer on this forum in PA - forget the user name - that has strongly implied at least that they will sell to a forum member at a larger discount (although they aren't allowed to advertise that).
Yes, it's out there I think it was posted before.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

This one?
Ford Mustang Mach-E A, Z, X plan discount pricing for Mach-E 20210125 dealer profit model for Mach-E

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Having a very good experience with my dealer in Ann Arbor, MI (Varsity Ford). The dispatcher has my MME being delivered to the dealership by the end of the day today...looking forward to getting it by the weekend! A few key things the dealer is doing for me:
  • Honoring my Mustang Club of America X-Plan, and grandfathering the 60-day membership rule (I got my membership on Feb 11, which doesn't give me the required 90-day period, but I got my membership before they switched to 90 days).
  • Absolutely no upsales on extended warranties, vehicle add-ons, or other additional fees.
  • Setting up all my sales/loan/title/plate transfer paperwork on DocuSign, so I will do everything remotely. I just show up with a check and my license plate and they give me my key.
  • Giving me 0.9% interest for 48 months (which I understand is the going interest rate for qualified buyers).
It's not all signed, sealed, and delivered yet, but I'm cautiously optimistic that this dealership experience will be positive. In any case, it disproves the theory that all dealerships are evil.
Sponsored