Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just got my @A2ZEV adapter, and preparing for an upcoming road trip, I immediately went to the nearest Tesla Supercharger site. I was fortunate that all 8 chargers were free, so I had my choice. I've read that you have to vigorously insert the plug into the adapter, so I was prepared to snap them together with vigor. I snapped vigorously at the first charger and no good. The plug would not fully insert. So on to the second. No good. And the third. Again and again, I could not get the plug to seat far enough in the adaptor to lock it. At each plug, I tried several times to get the adapter to seat and lock. Then I found the Tesla plug that looked the newest and cleanest and tried again. Finally I succeeded when I first aggressively snapped the plug into the adapter as hard as I could. When I still couldn't get it to lock, I slammed the heel of my left hand on the wide face of the adapter several times hitting it as hard as I could. It finally did lock and I could start charging.... then went home to ice my hand and wrist. They say it gets easier afer a few tries. I hope so. My hand and wrists hope so.
Sponsored

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
That doesn't sound quite right. I just got my own A2Z and am anxious to try it out before an upcoming 1200 mile road trip.

Shepherd

First Name
Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT, Carbonized Grey. "Magneto"
Occupation
Federal Government
I tried and failed using my A2Z, and obviously wasn’t aggressive enough 🤜 Time to go back and get butch.

redgrandam

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Select
Country flag
It should definitely get easier. But I haven’t had to do it nearly that hard.

I would take it to a supercharger with one it doesn’t fit loose on and put it on and off like 20+ times.

I also wonder if a little silicone lube might help things go a little easier. Not sure if it’s a good idea though.

OP
OP
CameraCarl

CameraCarl

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Official ford adapter snaps together nicely. Minimal to no force required :)
Well, some of us got our cars in March, are expecting delivery of the free adapter in September but need to go places between now and then.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I just got my @A2ZEV adapter, and preparing for an upcoming road trip, I immediately went to the nearest Tesla Supercharger site. I was fortunate that all 8 chargers were free, so I had my choice. I've read that you have to vigorously insert the plug into the adapter, so I was prepared to snap them together with vigor. I snapped vigorously at the first charger and no good. The plug would not fully insert. So on to the second. No good. And the third. Again and again, I could not get the plug to seat far enough in the adaptor to lock it. At each plug, I tried several times to get the adapter to seat and lock. Then I found the Tesla plug that looked the newest and cleanest and tried again. Finally I succeeded when I first aggressively snapped the plug into the adapter as hard as I could. When I still couldn't get it to lock, I slammed the heel of my left hand on the wide face of the adapter several times hitting it as hard as I could. It finally did lock and I could start charging.... then went home to ice my hand and wrist. They say it gets easier afer a few tries. I hope so. My hand and wrists hope so.
there's a thread on here with video, apparently difficulty to engage the a2z is an identified problem on some of the units.

Homestead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach-E, F-350
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Would it work to put the adapter on the ground and using your body weigh press the tesla charging handle into the adapter?

OP
OP
CameraCarl

CameraCarl

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
there's a thread on here with video, apparently difficulty to engage the a2z is an identified problem on some of the units.
I watched the video. My adapter does not engage nearly as easily or cleanly as the demo. Unfortunately I have a road trip coming up this weekend where most of the high speed chargers are Tesla Superchargers, so I will be forced to use the adapter I got (pun intended) and will try contacting A2Z when I get home.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Several threads on this issue. What works for me is I plug the A2Z into the car, then I can lean my body weight onto the tesla cord pushing against the car. Easier on the wrist and hand, for sure.

So if the car's a rockin', uh...
kilowatt hours I'm restockin'. :cool:

OP
OP
CameraCarl

CameraCarl

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Several threads on this issue. What works for me is I plug the A2Z into the car, then I can lean my body weight onto the tesla cord pushing against the car. Easier on the wrist and hand, for sure.

So if the car's a rockin', uh...
kilowatt hours I'm restockin'. :cool:
I'll have to try that. I was worried about inserting the adapter into the car first since all the instructions and videos say to insert the plug into the adapter before plugging it into the car. But I can't keep bruising my hand.....

david_quick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Would it work to put the adapter on the ground and using your body weigh press the tesla charging handle into the adapter?
I wouldn’t do it on the ground. Initially I tried this approach on the left front tire. It worked. Now I can just push it together. Just did it this morning on a short road trip to Portland.

OP
OP
CameraCarl

CameraCarl

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wouldn’t do it on the ground. Initially I tried this approach on the left front tire. It worked. Now I can just push it together. Just did it this morning on a short road trip to Portland.
So it gets easier to insert the plug into the adapter the more often you do it?
Sponsored