Activating lane centering and/or BlueCruise at low speeds?

bobbobman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
Something I have noticed is that, if you have BlueCruise (or the hands-on ACC+Lane Centering functionality) active on an approved freeway, it will remain active all the way down to 0MPH and even auto resume, which means it handles stop-and-go traffic. So we know that the tech works in stop-and-go/slow traffic situations. But, there doesn't seem to be a way to turn on the features when you are already stuck in traffic and have never gotten the chance to get up to highway speeds. You can activate the ACC, but the Lane Keep brackets remain grey and the Lane Centering never turns on and BlueCruise never activates.

I know basic Lane Keeping only works above 40MPH, but given that BlueCruise and ACC+Lane Centering specifically have functionality built in to work at low speeds, is there a way to activate them when you are already stopped in traffic? Because, if not, that seems like a significant design oversight.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Hmm, I feel like I've activated my adaptive cruise control w/ lane centering at like 5 MPH before when I was in bumper to bumper and most definitely never reached 40 MPH.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It can definitely be activated below 40mph. I feel like I've been able to turn it on at like 15-20mph.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Only works above 40 for me. But I don't have BlueCruise yet. My guess is they are trying to discourage its use on surface streets. Just a guess.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Adaptive Cruise works below 40. Lane Centering does not, per the manual.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Just played with this and the cutoff is 15mph.
Sponsored