EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Why do you doubt that? He lives in California. No dealer is discounting a Mach-E $4100. The incentives that we know are available add up to exactly $4100.
Because the CA rebate comes from CARB. But he says $4100 incentive is from the dealer. That's why I doubt if the $4100 incentives from the dealer include the CARB rebate.
But of course, I am not certain. Let's hope someone asks him for details and he answers.
Sponsored

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I doubt he included the California rebate. I think he said, the dealer had a discount of $4100.
It's interesting that for the extended range, dual motors premium model, his price is $31k while Model Y SR is $42k! How do their ranges compare? Is Model Y SR dual motors?
Also, does Ford include destination charges but Tesla doesn't? Or are they both same in this?
I believe $4100 includes $1500 CCFR for reasons that @generaltso laid out.

However, you did make a good point about Tesla being eligible for the $1500 CCFR as well. The CCFR program started late last year as a point-of-sales program that enhances and replaces previous programs. Therefore, maybe Alex simply didn't know better and made a mistake here.

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt, 2021 MME 2021 Pacifica, 2011 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I doubt he included the California rebate. I think he said, the dealer had a discount of $4100.
It's interesting that for the extended range, dual motors premium model, his price is $31k while Model Y SR is $42k! How do their ranges compare? Is Model Y SR dual motors?
Also, does Ford include destination charges but Tesla doesn't? Or are they both same in this?

At $31k effective price, it is a pretty good value. :)
mache_discount.JPG
The $42,895 is the starting MSRP before options and destination charges for the select trim level.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Because the CA rebate comes from CARB. But he says $4100 incentive is from the dealer. That's why I doubt if the $4100 incentives from the dealer include the CARB rebate.
But of course, I am not certain. Let's hope someone asks him for details and he answers.
The $2000 CVRP comes from CARB, and is a program you apply for yourself, with income caps.

The $1500 CCFR is separate, and comes from electric utility companies and CARB. It's a point-of-sales credit.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
He didn’t say the $4100 was from the dealer. He said it had $4100 of incentives.

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt, 2021 MME 2021 Pacifica, 2011 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am curious how he got a car delivered to CA without a front license plate holder...or did he already remove it?

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
I second the notion that he got 4100 from the Ford Options (2500) CCFR (1500) and FE rebate (100) as that's what I got as well in California, same as others who commented. There is NO way the dealer discounted the vehicle. He may or may not qualify for CVRP (2000) as that's income based and applied for by owner after the fact. The 4100 total comes right off the top at the dealer so this makes the most sense.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
He didn’t go into detail about the $4100 in incentives he got, but I assume it was $2500 for Options, $1500 for California Clean Air, and $100 ADA Early Adopter.
Damn! That is way more than what I will be able to get in Virginia! :(

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
He didn’t go into detail about the $4100 in incentives he got, but I assume it was $2500 for Options, $1500 for California Clean Air, and $100 ADA Early Adopter.
that's a fair assumption but boy, is the video kind of a mess on this point. None of those are "dealer incentives" and two of the three are geography-dependent. It's a pretty sloppy presentation as it stands.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
that's a fair assumption but boy, is the video kind of a mess on this point. None of those are "dealer incentives" and two of the three are geography-dependent. It's a pretty sloppy presentation as it stands.
Yeah, I can't disagree with that. It would have been nice to include a breakdown of the incentives with a disclaimer that not all incentives are available in all areas. He also didn't make it super clear that the price he had up on the screen was the starting price for the Select, and not the Premium AWD that he bought. But I still love his reviews. Can't wait to see his exclusive Trunk Comfort Index score :)

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
It looks like he removed it - you can see 3 bolt holes on the fender.
Yeah, because on his facebook it shows it with the plate bracket installed. But how can bolt holes be any better?!
Sponsored