Allocation Spot and Scheduled for Production?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Regarding Plan pricing, is that something I should already see applied under my order or will that be applied once I actually go sign all the paperwork?
When my dealer printed out my ORDER PREVIEW from WBDO, I told him I'd be using X-Plan so he printed it with the DISCOUNTS line at the bottom, which lists the prices for A/Z, D, and X Plans.
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
But if you purchase someone else's Mach E that they backed out on, DO NOT expect to pay the lowest price. The dealer WILL add a considerable mark-up above the MSRP.
How do you KNOW that? That was the rumor for all Mach-Es until it turned out that virtually nobody is paying more than MSRP.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
no sorry lol. but I think I'm going to have 4 xplans to give out here in a few weeks.
And if people run out of friends at Ford to get X Plan PINs from they should check with their employers or other organizations they belong to and see if they can get X Plan pricing through them. Failing that, a $25/year membership in the Mustang Club of America will get you X Plan pricing.

Sundevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
How do you KNOW that? That was the rumor for all Mach-Es until it turned out that virtually nobody is paying more than MSRP.
My dealer said this was the case when I was asking if my deposit was refundable if I cancelled. Said he didn't need to keep the deposit if someone cancelled since that would just mean he would get a car he could mark up.

Az MachE

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
My dealer said that any Mach E ordered by a customer, but then refuses to take delivery, means he can easily add $5k to the MSRP, and sell it the same day. It is a very hot car. There are always customers that want it now and are willing to pay above MSRP and not wait until next summer for delivery. Time is money.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My dealer said this was the case when I was asking if my deposit was refundable if I cancelled. Said he didn't need to keep the deposit if someone cancelled since that would just mean he would get a car he could mark up.
Yes I heard the same - my dealer is happy to take as many customer orders he is allowed to as he knows there will be cancellations and he can get a higher price. He said the same with Bronco

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
price and incentives will be worked out when you are at your dealer.
we had been shown elsewhere on here checkout screens that would suggest all of that would be online, not "at your dealer." Are you saying we will have to go through the "Finance Manager office"?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
we had been shown elsewhere on here checkout screens that would suggest all of that would be online, not "at your dealer." Are you saying we will have to go through the "Finance Manager office"?
Maybe. We’ll see what the e-commerce team can get done. The last update I heard was that there were some very late program requirements changes. This means that at the time when deliveries start there may be some scenarios that cannot be done online.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Maybe. We’ll see what the e-commerce team can get done. The last update I heard was that there were some very late program requirements changes. This means that at the time when deliveries start there may be some scenarios that cannot be done online.
Unfortunate if this ends up being the case. I was looking forward to avoiding a drive and paperwork at the dealer, which is located in COVID central out here.

Oh well.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My dealer said that any Mach E ordered by a customer, but then refuses to take delivery, means he can easily add $5k to the MSRP, and sell it the same day. It is a very hot car. There are always customers that want it now and are willing to pay above MSRP and not wait until next summer for delivery. Time is money.
My dealer basically said the same thing. He didnt even ask for a deposit on the FE.....he said he has buyers lined up to take the car if I didnt want it.

I want it.

:)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Unfortunate if this ends up being the case. I was looking forward to avoiding a drive and paperwork at the dealer, which is located in COVID central out here.

Oh well.
Its possible that even if finance manager interaction is needed, most of it can be done over phone or email and docusign (that may be too much to expect) or just go in to check the final numbers and sign and get out in a shorter time. I am hoping that would be the case at least with reasonable dealers.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Yes I heard the same - my dealer is happy to take as many customer orders he is allowed to as he knows there will be cancellations and he can get a higher price. He said the same with Bronco
This is so strange because my dealer seemed like he was afraid to do this. He was adamant that my original premium be canceled so he doesn’t receive a car that is not spoken for. Maybe a refused car is different than a rejected order-I guess it’s in the intent. Or he has more scruples than you would normally give his profession credit with possessing.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is so strange because my dealer seemed like he was afraid to do this. He was adamant that my original premium be canceled so he doesn’t receive a car that is not spoken for. Maybe a refused car is different than a rejected order-I guess it’s in the intent. Or he has more scruples than you would normally give his profession credit with possessing.
That's what mine said last week too. He said Ford sent out the warning to dealers they better not do that, or they could get their allocations cut on other vehicles.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I suspect they really just THINK dealers will do that, not "know" it. I suspect many dealers might do it as well, but that doesn't mean ALL will. It'll be a deal-by-dealer decision. Although it sounds like Ford warned dealers not to hold open reservations that aren't intended to be follow through (like for instance Machdrop FEs that resulted in a 2nd order), so there may not be that many late cancels anyway.
Sponsored