Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
If you have not signed up for the open Android Auto beta, might be worth a look. You get GameSnacks which is a simple set of games to play while parked/charging. It does seem to have hurt my phone battery life a bit though. Like 1/5 FordPass level damage.

You can sign up here: Android Auto Beta
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It does seem to have hurt my phone battery life a bit though. Like 1/5 FordPass level damage.
LMAO "Like 1/5 FordPass level damage". :D

I removed PAAK on both phones, and removed the ability for FordPass to do anything in the background.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Interesting! I was in my car last night and noticed that new icon in android auto, but didn't have time to check it out.

I tried signing up for the beta last week sometime but it said it was already full, but it looks like I got in anyway!

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Interesting! I was in my car last night and noticed that new icon in android auto, but didn't have time to check it out.

I tried signing up for the beta last week sometime but it said it was already full, but it looks like I got in anyway!
They apparently recently went to an open beta. I believe everyone who signs up now is automatically in. Happy gaming!

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
They apparently recently went to an open beta. I believe everyone who signs up now is automatically in. Happy gaming!
I signed up when it was announced it was an open beta. hit join, checked back a few hours later as it usually takes a bit to actually get to the point you can download the beta. But when I checked it said I enrolled in the beta but it was currently full and if spots opened up I'd be added. Either they added more spots to the program, or I got lucky and some people left.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I just went and did a quick test of this feature. I really like it. The games that are on it suck currently. But I think its more of a demo of what is coming and what they can do.

I'd much rather have this than Ford trying to add games or other apps directly into the infotainment system and bogging it down with the extras. Keep it simple and quick, and let my phone do the processing of games or video apps.

All in all, the games ran very smooth. No video or sound lag, no input lag, It just worked.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Auto/GameSnacks 20210726_122816

Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Auto/GameSnacks 20210726_122703

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
I have found the GameSnack app through my AA connection but don't recall ever signing up or being a part of the beta program, so I believe it is now available to all.
Sponsored