Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" - Rapid Red Mach E AWD EXTD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have posted about this before. There is a really annoying rattle emanating from the region of the dashboard of my mach. I removed everything loose from the vehicle but the noise persists. It is booked into the Ford dealer in December to hopefully remedy this. Now that the cold weather is upon us I am using the heater and have noticed that when it is set to say 70f - after a short while the rattling stops. I am wondering whether something is loose in the air vents system behind the dash and the heating up tightens everything. If this is the case is it a big deal for the dealer to get at this or is it best left alone?
Sponsored

camdenlake

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 f350 CCD 7.3, GT500, Gen1 Raptor, 2021 MME R1
Country flag
I have posted about this before. There is a really annoying rattle emanating from the region of the dashboard of my mach. I removed everything loose from the vehicle but the noise persists. It is booked into the Ford dealer in December to hopefully remedy this. Now that the cold weather is upon us I am using the heater and have noticed that when it is set to say 70f - after a short while the rattling stops. I am wondering whether something is loose in the air vents system behind the dash and the heating up tightens everything. If this is the case is it a big deal for the dealer to get at this or is it best left alone?
Have the same. It’s a temperature dependant rattle. Very annoying. Sounds like it’s in front of driver towards windshield. I have seen other posts about it and was a deep dive to fix it.

OP
OP
Oldlawman

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yup that’s exactly where it is coming from. A deep dive eh? Not sure I like the sound of that! Did you get your’s fixed?

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I feel like I have one on the lower side of the dashboard on the drivers side. I too have looked under the dashboard and I don't see where it could be coming from. I am worried the dealership will not hear or fix it if I take the time to take it to them.

OP
OP
Oldlawman

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Me too

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
Mine is just to the right of the steering column opening where the two different trims meet. Putting pressure on that spot gets it to stop. I've tried a thin piece of plastic between the trim pieces but I don't think it was thick enough to exert enough pressure.

OP
OP
Oldlawman

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting - hope you solve your rattle. Our Machs are so quiet otherwise it really is annoying. My rattle seems to come from the centre of the dash - hope the techie can find it. I left the heating off during a drive today and sure enough it rattled. Yesterday with the heating on at 70f no rattle so it seems temperature related.

OP
OP
Oldlawman

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting - hope you solve your rattle. Our Machs are so quiet otherwise it really is annoying. My rattle seems to come from the centre of the dash - hope the techie can find it. I left the heating off during a drive today and sure enough it rattled. Yesterday with the heating on at 70f no rattle so it seems temperature related.
Yup mine is definitely temperature related. I took a techie from my Ford dealer on a test drive t'other day with the heating off and sure enough a lovely plasticy rattle. The techie pretty quickly seemed to identify the source as the left trim on top of the dashboard adjacent to the windscreen. When he placed his hand on the trim he said the rattle stopped. Hopefully he is correct as Rosie is booked into the dealer in January for the trim to be replaced/secured.

Diamond78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Mach-e Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I also have a rattle that I've had the dealership look for three times...the first time they couldn't hear the noise. I had the service manager ride with me to verify - which he did. They had it two months (just got it back today) and it STILL RATTLES!!!

The noise in mine seems to be coming from the left side of the steering wheel in the dash somewhere.

Any ideas of what to tell the dealership to look for??

OP
OP
Oldlawman

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I also have a rattle that I've had the dealership look for three times...the first time they couldn't hear the noise. I had the service manager ride with me to verify - which he did. They had it two months (just got it back today) and it STILL RATTLES!!!

The noise in mine seems to be coming from the left side of the steering wheel in the dash somewhere.

Any ideas of what to tell the dealership to look for??
Try driving with the heater on high - if there is no rattle it could be temperature dependant which might narrow the source down.

OP
OP
Oldlawman

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I left Rosie with my Ford dealer for two days - the EV techie confirmed the rattle and reset all the dash board trim adjacent to the windscreen which one of his colleagues had earlier had highlighted when I took him for a demo run. Lo and behold no more rattle. It was temperature dependant so that gave them a clue ie in the vicinity of the heating vents.

I am lucky in having an excellent Ford dealer with great techies.

I did have a brand new Puma courtesy car which was great but I am so glad to be driving my MME again. I missed the rocket acceleration and the brilliant brakes.
Sponsored