Door lock: annoying sequence

MachE70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kia Telluride SX, 2022 Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
I had the exact same problem as the OP: when I walked up to my locked GT and put something in the trunk, I then had to use the fob to open the front door when I had walk-away lock enabled. I then disabled walk-away-lock and the car worked as expected - I could just unlock the front door by pushing the button on the door after putting something in the trunk - no fob needed. This is still obviously a glitch that Ford needs to fix, but for now I will keep walk-away-lock disabled.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I had the exact same problem as the OP: when I walked up to my locked GT and put something in the trunk, I then had to use the fob to open the front door when I had walk-away lock enabled. I then disabled walk-away-lock and the car worked as expected - I could just unlock the front door by pushing the button on the door after putting something in the trunk - no fob needed. This is still obviously a glitch that Ford needs to fix, but for now I will keep walk-away-lock disabled.
Prior to the 21P22 or 21B36 PaaK update. I used to be able to walk up to my locked car, kick to open the liftgate, close the liftgate and while it is closing I could walk up to the driver's door and it would unlock and pop open when the button is pressed.

Now, I sometimes have to wait for the liftgate to fully close before it will unlock and open the driver's door.

I have walk away locks enabled.

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag
Apologies for the necro post, but I seem to have found a simple trick to avoid having to pull out the fob or press the door open a bunch of times:

After opening the hatch and loading in your stuff, before attempting to open the driver's door, press the 7-8 and 9-0 combination to lock the car (even though it appears to be locked already).

For me, this seems to result in the driver's door opening on the first try the last 4 or 5 times I've done it.

This is with a 2022 Route 1. I'll keep trying this and report back if it fails. Hope this helps.

If this has already been reported, full credit to those who did so before me.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Prior to the 21P22 or 21B36 PaaK update. I used to be able to walk up to my locked car, kick to open the liftgate, close the liftgate and while it is closing I could walk up to the driver's door and it would unlock and pop open when the button is pressed.

Now, I sometimes have to wait for the liftgate to fully close before it will unlock and open the driver's door.

I have walk away locks enabled.
Thank you for this walkaround.
I've noticed that lately this glitch does not happen often. From time to time I have to press twice but that's all. May be they are reading the forum and fixing the glitches gradually

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag
Just wanted to update that the method I described earlier (using keypad door lock) after operating the manual hatch continues to reliably enable first-try door unlock via PAAK. It also continues to be necessary on my 7/2022 build CR1, as operating the hatch before opening the door results in having to press the door button repeatedly.

I'm starting to notice that it seems to help even when I don't use the hatch beforehand, but PAAK is just being fussy.

Hopefully this isn't necessary for anyone else; but in case anyone is in a similar situation, I hope this helps.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
You have to press the door unlock button before the hatch closes so that it doesn't lock on you. Done. Doesn't take long to get there. Or unlock the doors with fob or paak before opening the hatch.

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag
You have to press the door unlock button before the hatch closes so that it doesn't lock on you. Done. Doesn't take long to get there. Or unlock the doors with fob or paak before opening the hatch.
If I'm understanding you correctly, you'd need pretty long arms to do this with the manual hatch 😉