Door Lock Issues

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
How do you tell if you've had this update installed? Whenever I try to see what version of software I have it just says it is up to date (but doesn't give a version).
Has your car gone to the dealer for any updates? 21P22 applies to all cars built before 10/1/2021.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
How do you tell if you've had this update installed? Whenever I try to see what version of software I have it just says it is up to date (but doesn't give a version).
21P22 is a Customer Satisfaction Program (CSP). It’s supposed to be installed in eligible cars by the dealer when you bring your car in for regular service (or the 2 recalls). IIRC the cars eligible are primarily 2021 Job 1 cars, although it’s possible the program has been expanded.

Larva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
21P22 is a Customer Satisfaction Program (CSP). It’s supposed to be installed in eligible cars by the dealer when you bring your car in for regular service (or the 2 recalls). IIRC the cars eligible are primarily 2021 Job 1 cars, although it’s possible the program has been expanded.
I see. Mine is a 2022 I picked up in February. So it should have this already installed. I've just noticed that PAAK seems to be reliable for starting the car, but preparing it as I walk up, or even opening the doors when I press the button is very hit or miss.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I see. Mine is a 2022 I picked up in February. So it should have this already installed. I've just noticed that PAAK seems to be reliable for starting the car, but preparing it as I walk up, or even opening the doors when I press the button is very hit or miss.
IIRC, FordPass needs to be ooen and the top app as well as the phone unlocked for it to unlock the doors properly. I’ve found that it’s just flat out slower than the fob. I still use PAAK exclusively though.

mavbkme

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1 ER AWD
Country flag
I am having the exact same problem. It was working fine and now all of the sudden it doesn’t know that I’m approaching. But when I press the door open button it somehow works. If I start with a rear door it won’t open (have to start with the front). This is both with key and with Paak

OP
OP

PNW_Chris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2017 Tacoma TRD
Country flag
I'm scheduled to go in June 6th. If you get in earlier, please let us know.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I am having the exact same problem. It was working fine and now all of the sudden it doesn’t know that I’m approaching. But when I press the door open button it somehow works. If I start with a rear door it won’t open (have to start with the front). This is both with key and with Paak
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

mavbkme

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1 ER AWD
Country flag
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Thank you! Sent the DM. Also mentioned issues I'm having with my screen and windows. I appreciate your help.

OP
OP

PNW_Chris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2017 Tacoma TRD
Country flag
Received the Power-Up 2.7.2 update the other night. This seems to have resolved the issue for me.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Disconnecting the 12v battery for a few seconds resolved this problem for me and a few others, but we were all Job 1 cars. Might be worth a shot, especially if getting to the dealer is an issue.

D4rkt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape, 2021 MME Premium ER
Country flag
So to summarize this thread is it safe to say that one needs to go to their dealership and have them work 21P22 for the software fix?? No OTA update is scheduled?

Spock151

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE GB, 2022 Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Product Manager
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company This came back again on my first edition. Was solved for a few weeks after a recent update and broken again.

this was installed on sept 7th:
Priority Update 22-PU0706-SCH-POPA

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
So to summarize this thread is it safe to say that one needs to go to their dealership and have them work 21P22 for the software fix?? No OTA update is scheduled?
As far as the door modules portion of CSP 21P22 goes there has not been, and probably will never be an OTA to update them. That's whey they were put into CSP 21P22 to be updated by a tech at the service area.

Funding runs out for CSP 21P22 in November. So unless you want to pay to have that updated yourself it might be a good idea to schedule an appointment to have it done.

Despite the hype and myths surrounding them....OTAs don't fix everything.

Lilyann

First Name
Lilyann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Actually, Ford contacted me on this Forum and sent an OTA update. It was short lived, however and I ended up having dealer do it
Sponsored