JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Just mash the door open button about a million times and it will open eventually...no need to get the FOB out...

At least your tailgate opens when you walk up ;) (Although with the OTA's my tailgate has been opening on approach again...)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
You push the button on the hatch to close it - correct? What I think is going on is that the first touch unlocks the car and the second touch locks it. I have done this to myself opening the doors to my Expedition. Open the back door with touch and then when I try the front door it locks the car. Not all the time though so there may be a timer involved between touches.
No, I just push the hatch down to close.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
No, the doors are not unlocked when the hatch is opened.
1. Why the mirrors unfold then when the hatch is open
2. Why if I approach the door right away and press the door button - it unlocks normally, but if I approach it after closing the hatch - it doesn't. I need to either wait or unlock it manually using the fob

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No, I just push the hatch down to close.
Because the Rt 1 doesn't have a power hatch lift.

As stated, your car is performing 100% as designed.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1. Why the mirrors unfold then when the hatch is open
2. Why if I approach the door right away and press the door button - it unlocks normally, but if I approach it after closing the hatch - it doesn't. I need to either wait or unlock it manually using the fob
I suggested how you can stop wasting your time by simply proving me right. Or wrong.

Open rear hatch. Place FOB/phone on ground. Walk over and prove that door is not unlocked. Or find out I'm wrong.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I suggested how you can stop wasting your time by simply proving me right. Or wrong.

Open rear hatch. Place FOB/phone on ground. Walk over and prove that door is not unlocked. Or find out I'm wrong.
@RickMachE is correct here. With the car locked, I walked up to the trunk and opened it (fob in my pocket). The mirrors unfolded and the trunk opened. I placed the fob on the ground behind the car and confirmed that the doors were all still locked. I closed the trunk and the mirrors re-folded, which is expected since the car was still locked.

Some cars do unlock all the doors when you open the trunk, but that's just not what Ford chose to do with their cars. As long as you know how it works, it's pretty easy to work around it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just make sure, if you have the kick sensor, to not do this:

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I think the easy fix here is for Ford to only unfold the mirrors when the doors (excluding the trunk) are unlocked. The locked state of the trunk shouldnā€™t affect the mirror.

However, one could climb into the driver seat after unlocking the trunk. Ford has to make sure that mirror will unfold when the car starts in such a situation. But this isnā€™t any different from locking the doors with fob (or phone) and then start the car, which unfolds the mirror correctly today.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Correct sequence,
Approach Car
Open hatch.
place items in hatch.
using a gentle underhanded toss, launch the fob on an arc such that it lands in the phone charging tray without rebounding onto the floor.
Close hatch
Walk to driverā€™s door.
the fob never gets far enough from the receivers for the car to lock.
Open drivers door.
Press start.
drive Away.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
The other part of this is that I approach the car from the rear in a parking lot, open the trunk to load stuff in, but my passenger who walks to the door can't open the door despite my being right next to the car. For me, being in proximity to open any door/trunk, should allow all the others to also be opened. Ford just decided to take a different approach.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
It's a crap design.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
It's a crap design.
I agree. If they put rules like this in place then they should at least provide a way to unlock the car from the hatch (like a second button, or maybe double click/hold of the hatch opening button)

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My day consists of multiple stops and during those stops I have to open and close multiple doors multiple times. Usually it's the order the OP said, and yes I get the same results. After multiple trips to the car during a stop, the car just eventually gives up. I pull my phone out and open FP, itā€™s normally still open (lately) and stand at my drivers door and nothing, canā€™t get in. Itā€™s even connected BT so I unlock with the long press. Usually that works. Mostly I just put my code in on the keypad to get in. The passenger door is just down right funny. I have to push the button and it does nothing, then push the button on the rear door and BOTH the front door and rear door pop open. People watching me think Iā€™m nuts!

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
Warning: If explorations of English usage are uninteresting to you, stop reading this now.

Iā€˜ve been intrigued by the capitalization of the word ā€œfobā€ in forums like this one, as if it were an acronym. FOB, meaning ā€free on boardā€ or ā€œfreight on boardā€ is a common term in the shipping business. But the fobs we use today to access our cars are inherited from the era of pocket watches, beginning in the 1600s CE. It first meant the pocket the watch was stored in, and then evolved into meaning a ribbon or patch of leather attached to the watch to help extract and hold it. The word is also used as a verb, as in, ā€œShe didnā€™t want her in-laws staying with her so she fobbed them off on her sister.ā€ That origin is unclear.

So, bottom line, we should be writing ā€œfobā€, not ā€œFOBā€. Iā€™m not criticizing anyone, just having some fun with etymology.

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
I agree. If they put rules like this in place then they should at least provide a way to unlock the car from the hatch (like a second button, or maybe double click/hold of the hatch opening button)
Also agree. Really annoying.
Sponsored