Anybody else agonizing over color choice?

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I don't want to sound too picky, but the actual color on the car seems more coppery and not as pink as the demo image, unless it is a lighting issue. Either way, very interesting options we will have if we choose to change our colors.
Here's the before and after of the Optima Hybrid. They blacked out all the chrome, Ghost blacked the wheels. Cops are going to have to figure out why there computer says they pulled over a Silver Optima and the one their looking at is Rose Gold.

IMG_20210108_201649.jpg

IMG_20210108_201634.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Here's the before and after of the Optima Hybrid. They blacked out all the chrome, Ghost blacked the wheels. Cops are going to have to figure out why there computer says they pulled over a Silver Optima and the one their looking at is Rose Gold.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody else agonizing over color choice? IMG_20210108_201634

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anybody else agonizing over color choice? IMG_20210108_201634
okay, definitely looks rose gold ?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I love the grabber blue and cyber orange but can’t get them on Premium or CR1.

I get the sense that most of the colors won’t age well. Maybe that doesn’t matter for leases, but I’m buying for a decade or more.

Infinite blue is too bland and it will fade to boot. Black and red are bolder but they’ll fade, too. And I agree the red doesn’t pop enough - and wait til it quickly loses its showroom gloss. It’s not a cherry red - it’s closer to maroon and that just doesn’t age well. It will look particularly ugly when dirty.

The grays are bleh.

So that leaves me with the white. Nobody should get the Space White. It’s way too flat. The Star White Metallic is the way to go - it will keep its luster for the long haul. That’s why it costs $600 more.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag

I get the sense that most of the colors won’t age well. Maybe that doesn’t matter for leases, but I’m buying for a decade or more.

Infinite blue is too bland and it will fade to boot. Black and red are bolder but they’ll fade, too. And I agree the red doesn’t pop enough - and wait til it quickly loses its showroom gloss. It’s not a cherry red - it’s closer to maroon and that just doesn’t age well. It will look particularly ugly when dirty.

The grays are bleh.

So that leaves me with the white. Nobody should get the Space White. It’s way too flat. The Star White Metallic is the way to go - it will keep its luster for the long haul. That’s why it costs $600 more.
have you seen the car in person??.....when I saw the red at a "tour" event, it looked really good......of course if you don't like red, then you don't like red.....but with the black top it almost made me change my color to red (i didn't because our other car is a c max in red)

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
It's so annoying they decided to do that. Those are the only two colors I like.

I don't even want the First Edition or even need my car particularly soon, but I had to get one to get Grabber Blue. :(

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
have you seen the car in person??.....when I saw the red at a "tour" event, it looked really good......of course if you don't like red, then you don't like red.....but with the black top it almost made me change my color to red (i didn't because our other car is a c max in red)
I haven't seen it in person. In the pictures, it looks beautiful. Red cars generally look fantastic when they still have that showroom luster.

And red is my favorite color in general - it’s just really hard to pull off on a car without a LOT of maintenance. I have never seen a red car more than a few years old driving around, even freshly washed, that looked good. I’m not including show cars where the owner maintains that candy apple finish - I’m talking real life. I doubt the Rapid Red will be any different, especially with it already trending a bit on the maroon-y side.

Last edited:

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I haven't seen it in person. In the pictures, it looks beautiful. Red cars generally look fantastic when they still have that showroom luster.

And red is my favorite color in general - it’s just really hard to pull off on a car without a LOT of maintenance. I have never seen a red car more than a few years old driving around, even freshly washed, that looked good. I’m not including show cars where the owner maintains that candy apple finish - I’m talking real life. I doubt the Rapid Red will be any different, especially with it already trending a bit on the maroon-y side.
fwiw.....my rapid red c max is a 2013, I do nothing special except try to keep it clean, even with our NJ winters, but I am not crazy about cleaning.....I use one of those spray waxes when drying after washing that was recommended to me by a car guy, that's it.....I still get people asking me what color it is in parking lots.....it still looks good

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
fwiw.....my rapid red c max is a 2013, I do nothing special except try to keep it clean, even with our NJ winters, but I am not crazy about cleaning.....I use one of those spray waxes when drying after washing that was recommended to me by a car guy, that's it.....I still get people asking me what color it is in parking lots.....it still looks good
Thank you! I ordered RR but am torturing myself between this and SW. A prior comment that it's more on the maroon side than brighter red actually made me want RR that much more, so I'm hoping that's true as well. For instance, the photo of the RR version on Ford's site looks like that darker, deeper sort of red that I'd prefer.

That said, I went by my local dealer and looked at other Ford models with these colors and was underwhelmed by both, especially the SW. The car was probably a bit dusty, and it wasn't terribly sunny, but I saw no depth at all in the SW. That really surprised me.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

The grays are bleh.

I am hoping this doesn’t end up being true on the rapid red! I have a 2006 Mustang that is vista blue and that color has held up quite well over 15 years of ownership and being kept outside under a Southern California sun.

Normally I would agree that the flat white version of white doesn’t look as good as a pearl white or metallic white on a car, but the space white MME pictures I have seen look really good, kind of how flat white looks really good on Range Rovers - don’t know what it is about the car it just looks very good, arguably better than the star white at least to my eye.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Thank you! I ordered RR but am torturing myself between this and SW. A prior comment that it's more on the maroon side than brighter red actually made me want RR that much more, so I'm hoping that's true as well. For instance, the photo of the RR version on Ford's site looks like that darker, deeper sort of red that I'd prefer.

That said, I went by my local dealer and looked at other Ford models with these colors and was underwhelmed by both, especially the SW. The car was probably a bit dusty, and it wasn't terribly sunny, but I saw no depth at all in the SW. That really surprised me.
I think rapid red and infinite blue are similar in the sense that just how vibrant or colorful they are is going to depend upon lighting. Just my 2 bits worth.

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
I think rapid red and infinite blue are similar in the sense that just how vibrant or colorful they are is going to depend upon lighting. Just my 2 bits worth.
Makes sense, though I've seen paint jobs that defy that, like a metallic white Lexus that my wife once had.

OP
OP
MrRossKeys

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag

I had a red Volvo S60 rental last week when I went to see the Mach E in person. They had a (Fusion?) in RR and I honestly preferred the Volvo red over the Ford red. Volvo’s red was ever so slightly shaded orange and vibrant while Ford’s was ever so slightly lush/cherry with a touch of pink in direct sunlight.

Out of all the colors available I’m thinking I’m going to go with RR because of how vibrant it “can” look, and hope it doesn’t look too washed out. I’m between that and CG at the moment.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
My favorite red color on the market is Mazda’s Soul Red Metallic. The first time I saw that color, I seriously thought about changing my choice to RR.
Sponsored