Anyone else experiencing any EV hate after getting your Mach E?

RaineN

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I expected it in the T, but after one week of ownership I received my first single finger salute from a passenger in a chevy suv.

I didn't do nuthin, wasn't following close, wasn't agressive in any way. just putting along a 30mph street at 35 listening to a podcast.

as the chevy in front of me pulls away at the light, the passenger gives me the single finger salute.

at that point, i knew, i need to keep a bigger distance from buford. not sure why, maybe it was the "that's not a mustang" thing, dunno. maybe just EV hate i guess.

anyone else experience the love as such?
Just yesterday, I pulled in front of somebody, but with a burst of speed and in plenty of time to avoid any kind of collision. We had another couple of blocks to the intersection and then, bam! That person threw a slice of pizza at my car when we were stopped and it landed on my back windshield, stuck behind the windshield wiper. I was so flabbergasted that anyone would do that. I drove 135 miles before I could remove their lunch from my Mach E.
Sponsored

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
Just yesterday, I pulled in front of somebody, but with a burst of speed and in plenty of time to avoid any kind of collision. We had another couple of blocks to the intersection and then, bam! That person threw a slice of pizza at my car when we were stopped and it landed on my back windshield, stuck behind the windshield wiper. I was so flabbergasted that anyone would do that. I drove 135 miles before I could remove their lunch from my Mach E.
Plain or Pepperoni?

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Not an MME, but my wife was in her baby blue Taycan with an aggressive giant pickup behind her at a stop light yesterday. It turned green, she started going and the truck lit up and tried to pass her in the intersection. It didn't work out so well for him. Her Taycan isn't as quick as the GT, but it still beats the snot out of most any ICE, especially ones with lift kits and bumper stickers.

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1 we were all doing 35 in a 30, one lane each direction, nobody was holding anyone up. the chevy was in front of me and i don't follow closely.

2 maybe in the utopia you live in, but here in the burbs of CHI-RAQ it's like people are always looking to unhinge on someone. road rage, EV rage, i see it often.
Hey, I was born there. When I was a kid, if You really couldn’t wait for a life-changing event, just give a 60 year old pipe fitter some grief on his way home after a tough day.

just sayin’, I didn’t see anything in what you described that made it clear that you we’re getting a reaction to being an EV driver.

Bobcat17

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Around 15 months ago when my car was new, I had temporary plates and was one of only 4 Mach-es on the island — nothing to identify the car as electric. I had a Dodge Ram coal roll me while trying to speed away. Unfortunately for him, he did it right at the start of a notorious speed trap here. The opposite direction parked police officer saw the coal rolling, the speeding and “exhibitionist driving” and nabbed him. An expensive mistake on the Ram driver’s part. One of those tickets requires proof of correction plus a hefty fine. I’m not sure the Dodge Ram guy knew what the MME was tbh.

More recently I had a crazy lady tourist block me by standing behind my Mach-e while I was trying to back out of the handicapped spot at the grocery store. She started yelling about (in order):

1. The beeping hurt her ears, she was going to call the police. And,
2. “This isn’t a Mustang. You need to take those emblems off. I have a Mustang back home. This isn’t a Mustang.” I got out of the car —cane and all— and rather curtly told her to move and take her concerns about the car’s nameplate up with Bill Ford. We had an audience by the time I got out of the car.

Honestly, those are the only things resembling negative reactions I’ve ever received; everything else has been overwhelmingly positive, even from my Uncle with a 66 ragtop. I also had a very recent conversation at the same grocery store with a guy driving a fully restored 67 Mustang*. He liked the car. I really liked his.

* The last year a real Mustang was made. ;)
How do you know the "crazy lady" was a tourist? How could someone be mad at someone while in Hawaii?

Bobcat17

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
I’m in NJ. People who don’t belong in the HOV lane drive there all the time and NEVER get out of the way.

I’ve never gotten any negative comments just the typical “I wouldn’t buy an EV because I don’t know the range”. Like, I’m literally telling you what to expect. None of these people are driving road trips but they’re like, ‘if I do even though it’s been 10 years’. They just don’t understand. Then you try to educate them and then they get all mad.
I'm in PA. I pulled up to Arby's drive through and 3 people were looking out staring at my MME. They asked how liked it and the one guy asked how often I had to charge it? I said 2 or 3 times a week depending on how much I drive it. He looked perplexed and said "Oh my I will stick to gas". What??

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
No hate, just an ICE Mustang pulled up at a stop light and revd the engine. I rolled down my window and yelled Vroom, Vroom. The guy started laughing and gave me a thumbs up as I beat him off the line!
For occasions like that, we need to be able to play the ice cream truck music out of an external speaker.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
How do you know the "crazy lady" was a tourist? How could someone be mad at someone while in Hawaii?
That was the abridged version of the conversation. The full version involved mall security, the grocery store mask guard/greeter, the grocery store manager and my neighbor who is a rather big and burly Hawaiian guy in his HFD uniform glowering at her. Oh and her comment, “I have a Mustang back home.Yeah, that’s a dead give away. Oh, and she got perma banned from the grocery store.

2022 has been a bad tourism year statewide. This year’s arrivals are up by 20% over the all time high (2019 had approximately 10.5 million tourists arrive), over-tourism is a real thing, and the attitude of many tourists this year is at an all time low. I could go on but this is a Mach-e forum.

Last edited:

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
You should have put in park, got out and threw it back - at their windshield.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'm in PA. I pulled up to Arby's drive through and 3 people were looking out staring at my MME. They asked how liked it and the one guy asked how often I had to charge it? I said 2 or 3 times a week depending on how much I drive it. He looked perplexed and said "Oh my I will stick to gas". What??
I'd prefer to not have a gas station at home thank you. I prefer to be inconvenienced!
Sponsored