Anyone else experiencing any EV hate after getting your Mach E?

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
I'm in PA. I pulled up to Arby's drive through and 3 people were looking out staring at my MME. They asked how liked it and the one guy asked how often I had to charge it? I said 2 or 3 times a week depending on how much I drive it. He looked perplexed and said "Oh my I will stick to gas". What??
Pulling up to an Arby’s is enough to make people stare.:oops:
Sponsored

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
I live in Texas, where an enraged pizza chucker could also be carrying an AR. We have too much road rage here which is why I chose to wear the pizza. Prob gave a few travelers a chuckle.
I agree! We lived in San Antonio a few years ago. Hubby had someone pull a gun on him on the way to work one morning... saddest part is that the guy cut hubby off and then got butthurt because he was honked at. Maybe he was jealous of the Camaro (pre Tesla) when he was driving a Nissan Versa? Not EV, but support of this statement.

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got Audi ICED today, white, wide,and low with two large pipes. Pulled up behind him at a light, bus in inside lane turned the corner. Light went green and he went all Banzai and loud so I went to the inside lane as I passed him silently. He was some pissed :cool:

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I live in Texas, where an enraged pizza chucker could also be carrying an AR. We have too much road rage here which is why I chose to wear the pizza. Prob gave a few travelers a chuckle.
You could have gotten out of the car WITH YOUR AR, then chucked the pizza back, right?😉

DK922

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
If Bluecruise would work more than 50% of the time, it would be damn near perfect, except for PAAK of course lol..

Tawna

First Name
Tawna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E premium
Country flag
They don't call them Massholes for nothing... Two ice cars parked at a convenience store charging location with plenty of other (and closer) parking. They left then this guy pulled in making sure he filled up two of the four charging spots.

I just got back from a 4k mile trip and was asked by host in NH not to talk about my car at her gathering as it would not be received well. 🙄
20220919_120205.jpg
What?!? I live in NH but I believe it. My MME is on order and I know the shit will hit the fan here. People are uneducated and it scares them.

Last edited:

EasyPass

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4X, 2017 Fusion Energi PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I expected it in the T, but after one week of ownership I received my first single finger salute from a passenger in a chevy suv.

I didn't do nuthin, wasn't following close, wasn't agressive in any way. just putting along a 30mph street at 35 listening to a podcast.

as the chevy in front of me pulls away at the light, the passenger gives me the single finger salute.

at that point, i knew, i need to keep a bigger distance from buford. not sure why, maybe it was the "that's not a mustang" thing, dunno. maybe just EV hate i guess.

anyone else experience the love as such?
I would say I get more negative, non-factual feedback than actual hate from some friends/acquaintances who feel an EV is an affront to 'merican traditions .
Things like:
1. You're paying $.50/kWH so you're not saving any money vs. gas
False: I pay $.13/kWh at home and generally around $.20-30/kWh on the road
2. Your electricity comes from fossil fuels anyway.
False: I subscribe to Green Mountain Energy as my home energy supplier that generates 100% energy with renewable sources. Also, EVgo states that all their power generation is 100% renewals as well.
3. You can't take a long road trip in an EV.
False: With a full charge I can easily travel for nearly four hours from home without a recharge. The public infrastructure will only get better from here as well.

I'm pretty certain that in the last major shakeup in transportation the horse and buggy adherents found plenty of facts to distort and mis-state as well. :p

OP
OP
Olds442

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
I would say I get more negative, non-factual feedback than actual hate from some friends/acquaintances who feel an EV is an affront to 'merican traditions .
Things like:
1. You're paying $.50/kWH so you're not saving any money vs. gas
False: I pay $.13/kWh at home and generally around $.20-30/kWh on the road
2. Your electricity comes from fossil fuels anyway.
False: I subscribe to Green Mountain Energy as my home energy supplier that generates 100% energy with renewable sources. Also, EVgo states that all their power generation is 100% renewals as well.
3. You can't take a long road trip in an EV.
False: With a full charge I can easily travel for nearly four hours from home without a recharge. The public infrastructure will only get better from here as well.

I'm pretty certain that in the last major shakeup in transportation the horse and buggy adherents found plenty of facts to distort and mis-state as well. :p
i agree on all accounts.

i had to give up our "green supplier" when i had my home battery installed. at that time i switched to time of day pricing so i can charge the battery (home battery) over night. now i charge the home battery and car for .04/kWh overnight. then i run the house on that all day when it's supposed to cost .13/kWh.

i have no reason to ever put a solar panel on this house, at that pricing.

JimboSlice

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Caravan, Sonic, Mach-E and Safari
Occupation
Body Shop Manager
Country flag
I've had a few people drive maliciously around me but nothing super noteworthy.

Mostly had folks come up pretending to be curious only to quickly shift to making accusations against EVs. Gotten worse lately as the right is pushing harder against EVs.

What worries me most is how combative some people are. They can act straight up rabid. I haven't had any issues yet myself, knock on wood, but I do fear the continued rhetoric making us targets.
I have had my Premium for three weeks now and have experienced so many high rise trucks coming into my lane, the other day I was passing one on the right on an on ramp and he pinned me against the guard rail and took off. I am trying to enjoy this car but this bullying is sucking the fun out of my daily drive. I understand that's their whole goal but grow up.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I have had my Premium for three weeks now and have experienced so many high rise trucks coming into my lane, the other day I was passing one on the right on an on ramp and he pinned me against the guard rail and took off. I am trying to enjoy this car but this bullying is sucking the fun out of my daily drive. I understand that's their whole goal but grow up.
It's going to get worse.

Since this post I have now had a confrontation charging at my local Sam's Club with my 4 year old daughter in the car with me.

As I'm charging a gruffy looking boomer comes up to the charging station and tries to see pricing and motions for me to roll down window. I oblige and he starts off innocently enough asking about how much it costs to charge, then starts talking about the grid and the dangers EVs pose. I told him I'm charging almost exclusively at home via solar. He ignores this and goes on about the holes in the ground from mining materials and blah blah. At that point I'm like dude I'm not interested in your opinions on the matter....and lemme tell you boomers NEVER like to hear you don't care about their opinions. He went into his "all you libs are all the same" type yelling, straight up yelling in a parking lot while I'm charging.

I end the confrontation by opening the drivers door and step out and am clearly a much larger person than he anticipated and he leaves.

So now I'm explaining to my 4 year old why that man was yelling at Dad and imagining if I'd left my wife in the car while I shopped what sort of confrontation she'd have had in my place.

So now as I'm seeing these narratives being pushed against EVs I'm reminded how one political party is making MYSELF and my FAMILY a target and encouraging this divide and I'm kinda pissed about it.

Last edited:

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It's going to get worse.

Since this post I have now had a confrontation charging at my local Sam's Club with my 4 year old daughter in the car with me.

As I'm charging a gruffy looking boomer comes up to the charging station and tries to see pricing and motions for me to roll down window. I oblige and he starts off innocently enough asking about how much it costs to charge, then starts talking about the grid and the dangers EVs pose. I told him I'm charging almost exclusively at home via solar. He ignores this and goes on about the holes in the ground from mining materials and blah blah. At that point I'm like dude I'm not interested in your opinions on the matter....and lemme tell you boomers NEVER like to hear you don't care about their opinions. He went into his "all you libs are all the same" type yelling, straight up yelling in a parking lot while I'm charging.

I end the confrontation by opening the drivers door and step out and am clearly a much larger person than he anticipated and he leaves.

So now I'm explaining to my 4 year old why that man was yelling at Dad and imaging if I'd left my wife in the car while I shopped what sort of confrontation she'd have had in my place.

So now as I'm seeing these narratives being pushed against EVs I'm reminded how one political party is making MYSELF and my FAMILY a target and encouraging this divide and I'm kinda pissed about it.
Yeesh, I am sorry you had to go through that with your kid in the car. I have seen so many stories lately of someone just honking at someone that cut them off and the person shoots at them and it hits a child in the back seat.

I have all but stopped honking or even giving the hint of engagement with these monsters. When I had my last F-150 I was driving along in the left lane (on a normal street, not highway) and the right lane slowed down because someone was turning right into a gas station. A guy on a Harley pulled out in front of me, dangerously close, had to slam on my brakes to not make him a hood ornament. I honked, and he proceeded to follow me and shout at me. I was on my way from work to get the kids from daycare, but was also a mile away from our police department. So I drove him to the police department since he was so insistent on settling it. Oddly enough he didn't want to stop there.

So far, worst we have had in the Mach-e was a guy in a Ford Flex at a light that pointed at the car and was shaking his head. Maybe he was shaking it in disbelief over how cool it is, but probably not. It's my wife's daily driver so I hope nobody does anything aggressive.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone else experiencing any EV hate after getting your Mach E? IMG_20221107_122138360_HDR

This causes EV rage. People who work for a living getting the screws tightened by some jackhat in another state. A Chevy Bolt is not hauling your ladder and saws to the worksite and good luck getting a Maverick, Lightning or E-Transit that will. Honestly if I had 3 crumb crunchers and had to keep my Explorer as full time transportation I may be a little bit resentful.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Bringing back an older thread to add my first experience with some hate/jealousy/disgust.

Did a road trip into Alabama yesterday to go to Unclaimed Baggage (which is awesome, BTW) and stopped at an EA charger at the Walmart in Athens, AL. As I'm minding my own business struggling with the heavy cable, an older gentleman walks up beside me and goes, "Huh" to get my attention. I look up and he says, "Guess you can't hide money, can ya?" as he shook his head. I blankly stare at him as he continues on saying he first saw a MME in Huntsville the day before and then mutters something about it really being a Mustang as he wanders off. I just shook my head and got back into my car, feeling the total Deliverance vibes. Cue the banjos! 😆 Pretty sure the MME costs less than a lot of people spend on their gas guzzling truck.

I then received some EV love from an elderly couple passing by, admiring the car. The gentleman saw us sitting in the car and came to the window to ask what kind of car it was since he had never seen one before. He gushed that it was beautiful and asked how I liked it. I was still charging when they came back out of the store and had gained a rapid red charging buddy, so he got to see it in 2 colors.

Happy new year, I guess! 🤷‍♀️

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag