bluestang35

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E,Jaguar Ipace, Ram 1500
Country flag
I'm still testing this b& o system but so far the sound is acceptable and seems more balanced. Could use a little
more bass though. Streaming or carplay is the best sound. I have it in stereo mode now with the sound compensate volume off.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
To me, it sounds best when it's put into surround mode with the bass turned up a bit, as it seems to have a great more depth in that mode. I personally think it sounds good, mostly XM radio Listening here.
Same here. Also adjusting the balance point much further back. Otherwise I can really only hear the front speakers, and they don't seem to have as much bass or depth.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
So maybe itā€™s just me but is anybody else underwhelmed by the stereo system of the Mach E ? Iā€™m convinced somethings not right. Iā€™ve taken it to the dealer already once . The sound just doesnā€™t sound right at medium or higher volumes. Itā€™s almost like a slight muffle just not clear. The dealer seems convinced Iā€™m just being picky. They used a flash drive to show an example of the highest quality music and it did sound pretty great on the stereo but any other music mediumā€¦ Unpluged CarPlay, plug-in CarPlay, satellite radioā€¦ Just sounds underwhelming. The dealer convincing me that satellite radio is going to sound worse and any unplugged streaming will also. But thereā€™s no way that this stereo system sounds no better than a Honda. Am I missing something?
Double check and make sure your time settings are not changing when you get in the car. I have to adjust mine every time I turn the car back on.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Satellite radio tops out at 64kbps bit rate, it is mediocre at best, regardless of what system is used for playback.

Most streaming service tops out at 320kbps AAC, with Tidal offering the option of FLAC or even higher quality (not useful in the context of CarPlar/Android Auto, which are limited to 16-bit at 48kHz in their PCM output). FLAC offers the same quality as Compact Discs which store PCM audio digitized in 16-bit at 44.1kHz sampling frequency. FLAC is essentially PCM processed with lossless compression (so it has a variable bitrates). When you put FLAC files on a USB stick, or on your phone, playback quality is identical to the CD tracks they came from - can't comment on CarPlay, on Android Auto it appears to be up converted to 48kHz (not that I can tell the difference, just a hunch from the data rate over the network connection between my phone and the head unit emulator in the Android Studio SDK). When wired, both CarPlay and Android Auto deliver audio in PCM; over a wireless connection CarPlay falls back to AAC, while Android Auto stays with PCM. Not sure why Apple decided to fall back to AAC over WiFi, PCM stereo audio in 16-bit at 48kHz sampling frequency adds up to only 1.5Mbps, which is no big deal over WiFi.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
SiriusXM is extremely compressed to conserve satellite bandwidth, so it sounds like crap. As everyone else has said, your best bet is high quality digital, connected to the vehicle (not streamed through Bluetooth). So, something like Apple Music would be fairly decent (192kbps and lossless as I recall). There are other schemes, but they require effort as in digging up encoders, etc, Iā€™m too lazy ?

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
No joke i was think about this mod but i laughed it off, but maybe not a bad idea now. Subwoofer in the frunk anybody? The battery is right there. Built a custom box and and hide the amp right under and you could have a nice setup.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I suspect the quality of the system might be hampered by the speakers. So often these branded stock systems skimp on the speaker quality (and number of.) With the sub in the trunk and decent power, replacing some of the speakers might be all it needs.

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
So yes, out of the box it sounds meh. You should go into settings, switch from stereo to surround and move the balance to the center of the car.

Next, stream a good quality song or pick an hd radio station and adjust the mid, treble and Bass to your liking.

It sounds pretty great once you set it up correctly and yes sxm is horrible quality stream so dont judge by that.

Hd radio or spotify work pretty well.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Compared to other cars I"ve owned, the SiriusXM doesn't sound half bad.

Streaming on Wireless CarPlay definitely better; playing downloaded music is even better.

I have adjusted bass and treble up a bit, as well as enabled surround.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I was considering subscribing to tidal for this car since i no longer have time to "purchase" songs. I wouldnt mind upgrading the sound system in this car but I might leave it as is and do it on my next EV. Id have to see the components but I bet you anything theyre nothing spectacular. You cant run a 1kw sound system in a car thats meant to be electrically efficient. Notice that most cars advertise the wattage of their system and Ford didnt in this case. Id be surprised if it surpassed 350w. That 300$ home soundbar that ppl swear by can never compete with a component system but for many its enough.
I'll wait to pass judgement when i get my car. If its not to my satisfaction after some EQ work, i'll see what can be done.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
So maybe itā€™s just me but is anybody else underwhelmed by the stereo system of the Mach E ? Iā€™m convinced somethings not right. Iā€™ve taken it to the dealer already once . The sound just doesnā€™t sound right at medium or higher volumes. Itā€™s almost like a slight muffle just not clear. The dealer seems convinced Iā€™m just being picky. They used a flash drive to show an example of the highest quality music and it did sound pretty great on the stereo but any other music mediumā€¦ Unpluged CarPlay, plug-in CarPlay, satellite radioā€¦ Just sounds underwhelming. The dealer convincing me that satellite radio is going to sound worse and any unplugged streaming will also. But thereā€™s no way that this stereo system sounds no better than a Honda. Am I missing something?
Vs Shaker in my GT it sucks. No bass or audio from behind you. All it is just loud sound from the front, lacking clarity.

Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Vs Shaker in my GT it sucks. No bass or audio from behind you. All it is just loud sound from the front, lacking clarity.
I am actually pretty surprised at how directional it sounds. All of the music sounds like itā€™s coming from the front middle speaker. I really donā€™t hear any sound from anywhere else in the car. Agree that itā€™s pretty disappointing.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Try an HD FM radio station that's nearby. You should see quite a difference. The source matters a LOT.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I was very underwhelmed too. I initially felt like itā€™s the worst sound system Iā€™ve had since my first car (1991 Oldsmobile lol), but Iā€™m starting to come around to it. I think itā€™s just a different type of sound from what Iā€™m used to, although I still think the best sound system Iā€™ve had by far was the HK system in my ā€˜09 Benz.
This!

To me, it sounds best when it's put into surround mode with the bass turned up a bit, as it seems to have a great more depth in that mode. I personally think it sounds good, mostly XM radio Listening here.
Also this!!

I thought the system sounded REALLY bad when I took delivery, but when I checked the tone settings I found that someone had already messed with the EQ and balance. I reset all the settings the. Dialed it in with surround sound and it sounds much better. Definitely not as good as advertised but good enough to enjoy music sources and sports radio.
Sponsored