Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
When I read the description above, they indicated that you can use screws to mount the brackets. This is the solution to not using the 3M tape. There is also glue (epoxy, silicon, etc.).

I put this in my Amazon wish list and will wait to understand how this is better than the factory one that I will be getting with order.
yes, you are able to use screws, cuz we used to sell a similar product on Model Y, but a few buyers mentioned to us that the tape was not secure enough, we are thinking that could probably be due to the cold weather or sth. but we understand that most of the owners don't wanna drill any holes in the car(I personally don't wanna drill any holes on my car as well, not even for mud flaps), So we decided to still go for a tape solution, and leave some holes there if owners wanna drill one, and we also include 3m tape on amazon for owners to check them out together and get the 3m tape for free of charge, so owners could add some extra to the cargo cover.
but if anyone that purchase it ever have issue on secure them, let me know, i make sure things goes perfect for you.
Sponsored

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
When I read the description above, they indicated that you can use screws to mount the brackets. This is the solution to not using the 3M tape. There is also glue (epoxy, silicon, etc.).

I put this in my Amazon wish list and will wait to understand how this is better than the factory one that I will be getting with order.
I believe the issue is full windows open driving may blow the cover around hence the o-rings solution. Personally, rarely open windows more then a few inches, and the factory cover opens with the trunk and closes every time, in place.

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I believe the issue is full windows open driving may blow the cover around hence the o-rings solution. Personally, rarely open windows more then a few inches, and the factory cover opens with the trunk and closes every time, in place.
yes, an O-rings solution works for some owners as well, or just tint the trunk windshield and make it very dark and hard to see from outside(what they did in the CN version).

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
My MME is slated for production so I am going to ask a few simple questions for my own edification. I understand, from the forum, that the factory cargo cover slips off. However, simple O-rings on the ends are supposed to be a simple and cheap solution. What else is wrong with the factory cover? Why does it need to be replaced?

@AOSK how is your cover better than the factory cargo cover? This email thread and the website to order it, does not really tell me why I should buy it? Tell me the benefits of buying it over keeping the factory cover. Is it longer and wider? Does it roll out easier? Does is secure better? Help me understand why I should pay $150 for this product?
The biggest issue I have encountered is the OEM gets caught on things that you put in the trunk and get knocked off or bent severely, I assume if you use the o ring trick. It is somewhat of a pain in the A**. So if your someone that routinely hauls stuff around in your trunk area this would be a good idea.

Bratapfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
Just ordered it on Amazon and am excited to see how it works.
If all works well and Amazon ships properly to the EU, I'll be relieved as hell. This bloody original cover grinds my gears since day one.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
I don't know if I'll get to it today, but it arrived and is sitting on my front porch. Little nervous on the placement post office! Will take pictures once installed.

1643230205579.png

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Assorted photos below. I only used the adhesive, but I plan on going back with some short black screws later.

I like the look, simple install, I would bring the end that holds it open a little closer than the pictures show. I will move those when I screw in.

Way better then the factory one in my opinion.

20220126_180038.jpg

20220126_180050.jpg

20220126_180057.jpg

20220126_181436.jpg

20220126_181828.jpg

20220126_181836.jpg

20220126_182803.jpg

20220126_184906.jpg

20220126_184914.jpg

20220126_175602.jpg

20220126_175838.jpg

20220126_175846.jpg

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
@OON7 please let us know your experiences with the installation process, and the quality. I am most wanting to know how is compares to the OEM cover. My MME is still all but a dream but one that should be here in 2 months. I do not have first hand experience on how good or bad the OEM cover is and thus interested if the replacement is better and how so.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
@OON7 please let us know your experiences with the installation process, and the quality. I am most wanting to know how is compares to the OEM cover. My MME is still all but a dream but one that should be here in 2 months. I do not have first hand experience on how good or bad the OEM cover is and thus interested if the replacement is better and how so.
The one that came with my car is hardly a wisp of see-through fabric that hangs down. Gets knocked off all the time in wind or if you look at it funny. It doesn't retract -- 2 totally different animals.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
The one that came with my car is hardly a wisp of see-through fabric that hangs down. Gets knocked off all the time in wind or if you look at it funny. It doesn't retract -- 2 totally different animals.
It does not retract? That is a bad design. Now I get why people are order these.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
It does not. It's the size of the rear trunk and just hangs down suspended from the rear and the liftgate by a string.
Yeah the cover that comes with the car was the first thing I ditched. Then I took out the frunk dividers!

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
If the design was changed so that the rollup part fitted into slots so that it could easily be lifted out, I would buy one. Having to remove tape and or screws to do that is a show stopper for me.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If the design was changed so that the rollup part fitted into slots so that it could easily be lifted out, I would buy one. Having to remove tape and or screws to do that is a show stopper for me.
It is easy to pop out, it's mostly tension holding it in place. So far so good, I'm pleasantly surprised.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like Kevin explained perfectly. OEM one hangs from the back hatch with pretty weak hinges. Pops off all the time.

This retractable one has been great so far. Very clean look.
Sponsored