Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retiref
Country flag
Has anyone had trouble with this app? I initially had no problems with Apple car play.
Now I can't seem to activate it. Do I have to delete sync 4 from bluetooth? Do I have to plug my phone in or can I use bluetooth?
It's frustrating when it goes away and can't be reactivated. For those that are having no problems, I would like to know what your setup is.
Sponsored

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've not had any issues. A lot of the car play stuff can be fixed by rebooting your phone. Normally when I'm having issues I'll reboot the phone, if that does not work, then I'll reboot Sync. That has always resolved any car play issues for me.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I've had problems with *my* phone ... but @AEtherScythe's phone would work fine. I found that plugged in physically (wired CarPlay) would work ... and *sometimes* this would jump-start the ability to then switch to wireless CarPlay ... but not always.

And then the next day ... it's fine. This ONLY happens with *my* phone. @AEtherScythe has the *same* model phone ... and has zero problems. This is why I don't think it's a problem with the car.

I have other problems with the phone ... geo-location accuracy where it struggles to get a position fix, Bluetooth issues, etc. (nothing related to the car) that makes me think it's the phone. (On an iPhone, all radios are handled by the same chip.)

Wireless CarPlay starts by using Bluetooth to negotiate a private device-to-device WiFi network (Then switches to WiFi). So you do need Bluetooth to be able to initiate Wireless CarPlay.

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag
Actually as fate would have it, my brand new iPhone 13 Pro lost connectivity between journeys today. It was fine on the way to my first destination, but when I came back out to the MME I accidentally powered off the phone while trying to push the button to initiate Siri.

Upon reboot of the phone, I couldn't get AirPlay to connect no matter what I did (restart the car w/ open close of driver door, reboot SYNC, turn off/on all connectivity [bluetooth, WiFi, connected services -- all of it off then on]).

The only thing that fixed it was using the "Remove Phone" menu item on the SYNC phone chooser and also remove SYNC from the CarPlay menu on the iPhone.
Then I added the phone again as new. AirPlay worked immediately and no further glitches for three more journeys today.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
After finally having Carplay work consistently for a month or so, it will no longer connect. This occurred Sunday for no apparent reason (I don't see how the planned Fordpass interruption could have had an impact). I'll have to troubleshoot until I can get it to work again.

Almondtree

First Name
Phyllis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
My husband was driving today with Apple Car Play using Maps. Car play was connected to my iPhone. Every time I looked at something in my iPhone like emails, the Sirius radio would stop.
Is this a Ford issue or Apple? it never used to do that.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Occasionally connection to phone doesn’t happen but it’s usually when I got in, hit the go button, hit stop, got out to fetch something and got back in to go again and it seems to confuse CarPlay and/or phone.

Also something odd happened since one of last updates, I think the Alexa one, sound goes all echoey as if playing from a dodgy application with poor sound quality before it goes back to normal.

And the there is the car sound system which mutes when go into phone camera, YouTube or some but not all other apps.

Never been able to fathom it!
Sponsored