Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have a Grizzl-e Smart Avalanche edition installed outdoors for over a year. No issues so far except that the "white' cable is "yellowing" which means their material have poor UV blockers. But other than that, no issues at all.
Sponsored

Pmullin7

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
Mine worked fine for 18 months, but now it causes a charger fault every time I use it. I have reported this to the manufacturer and so far have not had any response other than to ask questions about serial numbers etc.

I'm now using the ford charger, then probably buying another unit from someone else.

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
Are Fizzle charges trash now?

I had my Classic completely die after only a few months and the TWO replacements they have sent give the red ring of death on the Mach E.
The problem may be the charge port. I had a similar problem and found it had the red ring. So, I took it to the dealer and they could not reproduce the problem. It turns out the car won't accept the highest setting on the Grizzl-e, I charged a Tesla with the Grizzl-e @9600 and it worked great.. I even bought a smart charger and that turned the charge port red. The dealer replaced the entire charge port and problem solved.
Bottom line - I don't think it's the Grizzl-e

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
My Grizzle has been flawless for nearly the year in which I have owned it. Its a simple unit but very solid and well made.
I'm with you. I've had my Grizzl-e since April 2021 without a single incident. I"m not sure one customer experience like the OP qualifies it to be "pure junk".

Flyboy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job-2 Mach E Premium, AWD Ext Battery
Occupation
Retired Industrial Hygienist, Consultant - ISO 17025 Lab Auditor
Country flag
Might want to take a look at the connector. I don’t have any objective evidence that this makes a difference but it could. Note the Ford connector is solid with an internal spiral. The non-Ford charger has slotted connectors with no spirals. Also note that one connector is more opened than the other - anyone else notice this?

IMG_5315.jpeg

IMG_5313.jpeg

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
I bought a Grizzle Mini for a portable charger to take on road trips. It does not work and I still do not have a replacement from United Chargers, I bought it directly. Customer service has been total bull s*it. I would not buy or recommend Grizzle at this point in time. There is documented incompatibilities between the MachE and the Grizzle Mini.
when did you buy the mini? I bought mine two months ago and it works flawlessly.

William Shaw

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mach e gt performance 2018 wrx
Country flag

I had my Classic completely die after only a few months and the TWO replacements they have sent give the red ring of death on the Mach E.
6 months zero issues

Homestead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach-E, F-350
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Just bought a new classic a few weeks ago and it is working fine.

Jim54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy SS 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Finance
Country flag

My two Grizzle-E chargers have worked flawlessly for two years now.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Might want to take a look at the connector. I don’t have any objective evidence that this makes a difference but it could. Note the Ford connector is solid with an internal spiral. The non-Ford charger has slotted connectors with no spirals. Also note that one connector is more opened than the other - anyone else notice this?

IMG_5315.jpeg
I would replace that top connector, because that right pin socket doesn't look great to me either. It's probably loose and makes a bad connection. That could cause the charge port to overheat and/or charging to stop working. That's the one from the Grizzl-E right?