At what temperature does the Mach E not lose energy?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I feel like an idiot... What power meter? Is there a display in the car I'm missing?
The GT models have a power meter.
Sponsored

Reactions: TTF

mkazen

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Can someone show what the power meter in the GT looks like in case I'm thinking it's something else? Are you taking about the bar graph showing which % went into driving vs. Accessories, etc? It is there something else which shows how much Regen you got back etc?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Can someone show what the power meter in the GT looks like in case I'm thinking it's something else? Are you taking about the bar graph showing which % went into driving vs. Accessories, etc? It is there something else which shows how much Regen you got back etc?
Bottom left in the screen in front of the driver. It tells you how much power you have when you hit the throttle and how much regen during braking.

Also shows “grey bars” on the right side of the meter when power is limited.

Ford Mustang Mach-E At what temperature does the Mach E not lose energy? IMG_9174

mkazen

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Bottom left in the screen in front of the driver. It tells you how much power you have when you hit the throttle and how much regen during braking.

Ford Mustang Mach-E At what temperature does the Mach E not lose energy? IMG_9174
Thanks so much for the clarification. I did notice that but didn't know about the grey bars (not sure I've ever seen it). I was hoping that it would give us a little more info like numerical values for power or a graph, etc. I know that other EV's provide more info into the power usage, graphs, etc and was hoping to see more. Still absolutely love the car though, just love data.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks so much for the clarification. I did notice that but didn't know about the grey bars (not sure I've ever seen it). I was hoping that it would give us a little more info like numerical values for power or a graph, etc. I know that other EV's provide more info into the power usage, graphs, etc and was hoping to see more. Still absolutely love the car though, just love data.
When you floor it, you don’t have time to look down there at any numbers or math!

mkazen

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
When you floor it, you don’t have time to look down there at any numbers or math!
Oh no doubt! But during a longer drive it would be cool to see a graph over time for the whole trip...

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

Holy Cannoli, Batman! That is a lot of grey bars at 61%! Is it cold there?

BTW - power is limited as you lose charge, even if no grey bars are shown. It is not a 100% correlation between grey bars and power available. Yesterday I did a few WOTs at 80% with no grey bars, and the car only pulled 655 Amps. That is significantly less than the 1,000+ it pulls at 100%. I am going to do some more testing over the next week to see the relationship between SoCD and WOT power available.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Holy Cannoli, Batman! That is a lot of grey bars at 61%! Is it cold there?

BTW - power is limited as you lose charge, even if no grey bars are shown. It is not a 100% correlation between grey bars and power available. Yesterday I did a few WOTs at 80% with no grey bars, and the car only pulled 655 Amps. That is significantly less than the 1,000+ it pulls at 100%. I am going to do some more testing over the next week to see the relationship between SoCD and WOT power available.
ha! It wasn’t my picture, I’ve never seen that many gray.

Interesting point about the amps.

My guess? There is a larger threshold at the top before it shows the first gray bar.
Sponsored