gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
Expedition Platinum is our family hauler, and auto-dimming side-mirrors are a must on those nightly drives with the kids upstate. Having driven recently our Mach-E at night, the driver-side mirror is painfully bright with rear traffic. I believe auto-dimming side mirrors are required by EU standards. So just wondering, are these available as a part to swap? I looked at tinting the side mirrors but I'm getting a lot of no-no results on the web, so just pondering options here.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Sigh - I wish. People are whining about stupid crap like not being able to watch Netflix on the main screen or “sentry mode”. Ford needs to get functional items on the car first, like auto-dining side mirrors and ventilated seats! ?

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Dimming mirror would be nice (even just a blue tint helps) but what I really want are EU aspherical blind spot mirrors. I have them on my VW and they are amazing, you have zero blind spots.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Auto-dimming side-mirrors side mirror

And drive in the left lane...

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Expedition Platinum is our family hauler, and auto-dimming side-mirrors are a must on those nightly drives with the kids upstate. Having driven recently our Mach-E at night, the driver-side mirror is painfully bright with rear traffic. I believe auto-dimming side mirrors are required by EU standards. So just wondering, are these available as a part to swap? I looked at tinting the side mirrors but I'm getting a lot of no-no results on the web, so just pondering options here.
I just adjust the side mirrors to look further out to the side. In my normal driving position I cannot see the car headlights behind me in the side mirror. I can only just barely see the side of my car if I turn my head and directly face the side mirror. Otherwise while looking forward if I just glance over at the side mirror it's pointed more towards the blind spot than behind me.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I just adjust the side mirrors to look further out to the side. In my normal driving position I cannot see the car headlights behind me in the side mirror. I can only just barely see the side of my car if I turn my head and directly face the side mirror. Otherwise while looking forward if I just glance over at the side mirror it's pointed more towards the blind spot than behind me.
https://aaaliving.acg.aaa.com/auto/car-mirrors-how-to-use-tips/

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
That would be nice, I wish they would just add auto-lowering to your side mirror when in reverse, seems so easy to do...
Sponsored