Awesome Cyber Monday surprise! - Service Vehicle Soon

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
If i post a comment saying this is absolute horse poop and that Ford is a complete joke for knowing that all of our cars could 100% have this hardware issue at any time, so they send out a software patch to fix it????? thats like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

buy yeah, if i were to make a post like that, people here and the powers that be won't like that, so i won't make a post like that ...
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I think I saw another forum member post they made it to 35k before the failure occurred? Something like that. As cars start exceeding the power train warranty mileage, will Ford still pay for the repair?
It’s covered under battery warranty, so 8 years or 100k miles

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yup. While Grapevine would be a bit of a trek from here, I-580 over the Altamont Pass should do the trick...
Maintain 90 mph + if you can. I set my cruise at 80 in Virginia's relatively flat terrain (except for the western part of the state) and I don't think it is enough. I promised my wife I would not exceed 80, and I am keeping my promise.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It seems the key to make it fail is sustained high speed driving, preferably up a mountain. The Grapevine in CA has killed at least two HVBJBs that we know of.
It helps if there is a truck with a goat in it nearby, and there is some insane kid’s music playing in the car, I hear.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
AE93D5E3-A493-47CB-AC73-CACA8F57CE4D.jpeg

62255133-672F-4E29-A54F-68634FA0DA3D.png
1809E50A-26A6-4294-9829-10F4A6AA3171.gif

20,299 miles. Happened last night during cruise, not a WOT event. Probably DCFC’d 15-20 times ever, still have 150 of our free 500kwh.

Car is going in to dealer this afternoon and I already called the Ford BEV team and got a case set up for any potential assistance in the process.

Yippee-ki-yay!
It's your first time be happy I'm on my 4th just got back end October and boom Tuesday night last week.

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
It's your first time be happy I'm on my 4th just got back end October and boom Tuesday night last week.
I’d lemon law it at 3 if it were me. Luckily, it’s my wife’s car and we have a Blazer SS EV reservation for next year, just needs to make it til then.

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
If it is the HVBJB issue then I'd actually be happy since you don't have to have the anxiety looming over your head anymore. At this point, folks should have a class action against Ford to force them to recall every Mach E before June 2022. This shit should be unacceptable.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
I think I saw another forum member post they made it to 35k before the failure occurred? Something like that. As cars start exceeding the power train warranty mileage, will Ford still pay for the repair?
It’s part of the battery warranty but this was my biggest complaint about how they handled the recall. Trying to claim a software update was a fix was complete BS and most people here saw through that. They should have included an extended mileage warranty to at least 150k.

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD SR - Plat Graphite
Country flag
Has anyone had or heard of a post recall new version one die or go bad?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium standard range awd
Occupation
USPS Letter Carrier
Country flag
AE93D5E3-A493-47CB-AC73-CACA8F57CE4D.jpeg

62255133-672F-4E29-A54F-68634FA0DA3D.png
1809E50A-26A6-4294-9829-10F4A6AA3171.gif

20,299 miles. Happened last night during cruise, not a WOT event. Probably DCFC’d 15-20 times ever, still have 150 of our free 500kwh.

Car is going in to dealer this afternoon and I already called the Ford BEV team and got a case set up for any potential assistance in the process.

Yippee-ki-yay!
Had it gotten the recall software update ‘fix’ before this happened?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
It’s part of the battery warranty but this was my biggest complaint about how they handled the recall. Trying to claim a software update was a fix was complete BS and most people here saw through that. They should have included an extended mileage warranty to at least 150k.
I understand why Ford took this approach. The cost of replacing every single HVBJB in every MME produced until that day in May (forgot the exact date) is astronomical. And could the dealer network handle a recall of that magnitude and effort, with every single car coming in at around the same time to get it done?

What if they are replacing a HVBJB on a car that has not failed yet, and your car fails and has to be towed to the dealer - but the dealer can't even start working on it until they fix the others already in the queue? People are pissed off that it takes weeks to get the car repaired, but if the dealer is already working on several cars in front of you, how pissed off would you be then? It would be a disaster, I think. It could take months for you to get your car back.

The failure rate is not 100% - yet. We all think our HVBJBs will fail (including me), but that could be an incorrect assessment. It could be the manufacturing variances are broad enough that many will never fail, especially if the car is not driven in a way that severely stresses it. For example, I don't exceed 80 mph, and most of my driving is fairly flat. My HVBJB may never fail.

Of course ignorance is bliss, so they say, and I know a lot about this problem and it is always in the back of my mind that mine will fail. But that is because I know about it. What about all the people driving around in cars that will never fail because they don't drive it hard and their HVBJB is sufficient?

Personally I think Ford handled it as best they could considering the big picture for the company, and all the logistics and consequences involved. I don't like worrying about my car, but it was probably the correct business decision for the company.

All that said, I agree with you that the warranty for this problem should be extended, even beyond 150k.

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Had it gotten the recall software update ‘fix’ before this happened?
Yes, early August OTA. So, at least we got the SVS rather than the SSN message. Still, extremely disappointed that Ford didn’t proactively replace all affected HVBJBs, but that’s another rant.
Sponsored