Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic
Occupation
Utility Arborist
Country flag
I am also experiencing the same clunking noise. I have the AWD and for passed few thousand miles I have noticed it. Only happens at low speeds and a sharp turn (turning at a light). More prominent turning left, but happens turning right as well. I currently have 18,000 miles. So far it’s been a fairly flawless car. I’ll keep you apprised posted after I take it into the dealer this Monday.
Sponsored

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Yup, I seem to have this sound as well. Very noticeable when making a sharp left turn (like a U turn). Not as noticeable, but still there when making a hard right turn.
My dealership are opening up the car on Monday and inspecting. They took it for a drive and suspect a few things; either drive shaft/cv joint or something about a rust build up that could be caused from the lengthy time they say outside, not moving, on their journey from factory to me. Either way, apparently all easily repaired and under warranty… I’ll keep you posted.

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
I have about 9000 miles on the car and it's been doing this for the last couple thousand miles when turning right or left around a 90 degree turn. It goes into the dealer in a couple weeks for the 10K maintenance and this is on their list. I'll comment again once they've had a look at it.

paluskat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium AWD extended range battery
Country flag
Same issue. I brought it up to the dealer when I brought mine in for the PAAK update but they said they couldn't find anything wrong. Mostly present when I first start driving. Turning both ways

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Same issue. I brought it up to the dealer when I brought mine in for the PAAK update but they said they couldn't find anything wrong. Mostly present when I first start driving. Turning both ways
One U.K. customer with the same sound has just had it diagnosed as a faulty OSF Half Shaft. A replacement has been ordered. Mine is with the dealership now. I am expecting the same diagnosis since our cars sounded identical on turns.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Wondering if this is a bad batch of half shafts. Does everyone’s production dates line up?

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wondering if this is a bad batch of half shafts. Does everyone’s production dates line up?
Can't recall my production date, but my VIN ends in A05845 so it's relatively early. December-ish as I recall.

Defiant1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Still waiting.... ☹

Part is back ordered. No estimate on when part will come in. They said that I could pick up the car and it would be OK to drive.

Just noticed this myself when turning right. Took to Ford service and sure enough… bad axle. They’re trying to find replacement and are hoping to repair later this week ?.

• Sad
Reactions: Nav

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Just started hearing this sound when hard right/left turning this weekend. Got 9,400 miles currently...

It may have been happening before and I just didn't hear due to music/etc, but it was pretty noticeable.

Figured I'll try to make an appointment today for it plus some other TSB's while I'm at it.

• Wow

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Just started hearing this sound when hard right/left turning this weekend. Got 9,400 miles currently...

It may have been happening before and I just didn't hear due to music/etc, but it was pretty noticeable.

Figured I'll try to make an appointment today for it plus some other TSB's while I'm at it.
Ahhh you too! :confused:
I'm deciding which dealer to take it too in NoVA, hopefully later this week.
Keep us posted, in 4 results...

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Ahhh you too! :confused:
I'm deciding which dealer to take it too in NoVA, hopefully later this week.
Keep us posted, in 4 results...
Yea, thought I was doing pretty well with no major issues, or even mishaps, so far!

I'll be taking it to Magic City here in Roanoke, where I purchased. They've been good to me so far.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Ive been experiencing this pretty regularly for a couple of months. Took it to the dealer today and they originally said they couldn't hear anything. Luckily I drove it with the tech in the car and i was able to reproduce the noise.

Unfortunately there's a backorder on parts so they won't be able to fix it anytime soon. They said to periodically check back to see if they have any new parts coming back into stock. Frustrating but at least it confirms the noises i was hearing (most noticable when turning the wheel all the way left)

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
My dealer is apparently out most of their service advisors. Still waiting on a call back to actually be able to schedule a visit....

• Wow

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Dang, ok, while we are talking about weird noises while turning…. Mine isn’t a “clunk.”

When I make a very sharp left turn (like turning around in a cul de sac), I hear a hollow rattling noise that seems to be emanating from one of the front wheel wells. I’ve looked and there don’t appear to be any obstructions. I’ll try to make a recording, but any thoughts?

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update on my car: The axle "shipped" but has still not been received a week later. I'm about to trade in my rental for the Mach-E so I can drive it around instead of the Niro EV and then have to take it in later whenever it arrives. At least they replaced the cracked plastic around the door button on the left-rear door (see other threads for this problem)...
Sponsored